Is Clockwork Angels The Last Album

Tick

Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?

• Yes
    • No

Eh, Ill just guess due to their ages that yes it's the last. Hard to see them still doing this at 65 but who knows. Obviously just a complete guess. I thought they were done after T4E. So did the band, and we got 3 more albums. That's plenty enough for me if they dont make another one.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 25 2012, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 24 2012, 09:52 PM)
Besides.... everyone knows Neil is a robot. So once Geddy and Alex are reborn in holographic form, the band can keep touring forever.

I hear that they've all been replaced by replicants. yes.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Tears_In_Rain_Roy.png

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Vapor Trails CDs on fire off the shoulder of Orion..."

It's too bad they won't live! But then again, who does?

No way this is the last album or tour.

People have been asking this forever!

If anything, they might shorten the length of their tours and setlists...in the coming years.

I can only imagine how exhausting it must be.

Especially as they grow older.

I bet they will be around for another 10+ years or so. 2.gif

QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 04:07 PM)
I was not aware so many members of the Rush forum are fortune tellers and prophets.

that's how we roll.

another one in 5 years would be ok by me, sooner would obviously be better if they up to it but anything in future, however far it is, would be great.......

the one thing i'd like though, and its just a personal preference, is that nothing's announced until maybe a few months or a year or so before release..

the 3 year wait for this album has simply done my head in at times... doesnt seem right or natural to wait for an album so long

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 06:07 PM)
I was not aware so many members of the Rush forum are fortune tellers and prophets.

I guess this guy needs some help.

guess   [ges]

verb (used with object)

to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.

to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 25 2012, 07:37 PM)
No way this is the last album or tour.
People have been asking this forever!

If anything, they might shorten the length of their tours and setlists...in the coming years.

I can only imagine how exhausting it must be.
Especially as they grow older.

I bet they will be around for another 10+ years or so.  2.gif

Uh, what happens if one of them gets sick or dies? You're answer is ridiculous because you're stating it like it's a fact. These guys are damn near senior citizens. And MANY people die between 60 and 65. It's very common, and Neil is still a full time smoker, is overweight, and seems to be a big whiskey fan. Can't imagine he's the healthiest guy in the world.

We're just guessing here, not trying to state any facts. Either one of them could pass away any day. It's not unusual at 60.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 05:07 PM)

You're right, we're not, so the poll should have included an "I don't know" option, and everyone who didn't choose it should be burned as a witch.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 25 2012, 01:24 PM)
To be honest, I thought this was shaping-up to be their Swan Song, too. It seemed suspicious to me that the guys seemed to be giving us diehard fans everything we've said we wanted for the past twenty years. Why now? Was this new album a "love letter" to the fans, one last hurrah, saying farewell to us by giving us what we always wanted? One last pure memory of the band, a "perfect album" to leave us with?

But now look at the interviews the band have been giving, and they're once again talking about a long future and feeling re-energized, off to new beginnings. I think Alex recently said something along the lines of "we'll keep making albums until we're dead."

This isn't the last.

That's true, but they say that about every album. Presto was a new beginning, a stripped back approach that eliminated a bunch of keyboards. RTB was a new beginning, the band was energized. Counterparts was a return to their roots and the band was excited about the future. Test For Echo was... well, I think I've blocked out what they said about it because it's Test For Echo tongue.gif Vapor Trails was their triumphant comeback from tragedy and the band was eager to keep things going. SNA was the best album since <insert album here> and the band was super excited to continue on. Now, Clockwork Angels is the best thing ever and they're absolutely going to keep on keeping on...

They'll say that every time because what else are they going to say? Hey, this album is kinda meh, and we might not keep going after it comes out? tongue.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 26 2012, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 05:07 PM)

You're right, we're not, so the poll should have included an "I don't know" option, and everyone who didn't choose it should be burned as a witch.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

http://1-2knockout.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/21/witch.jpg

"There are ways of telling if one is a witch."

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 26 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 04:07 PM)

We are the Priests... of the Temples... of Syrinx!

1022.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ May 26 2012, 08:52 AM)
Uh, what happens if one of them gets sick or dies? You're answer is ridiculous because you're stating it like it's a fact. These guys are damn near senior citizens. And MANY people die between 60 and 65. It's very common, and Neil is still a full time smoker, is overweight, and seems to be a big whiskey fan. Can't imagine he's the healthiest guy in the world.

We're just guessing here, not trying to state any facts. Either one of them could pass away any day. It's not unusual at 60.

I'll bet you're fun to hang out with. eyesre4.gif

http://jolenephilo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/debbie-downer.jpg

Yes it's the last album! The final chapter!

So if you'll all just go home and hey pack up this forum too I'm sick of seeing it here. And never mention the name RUSH to anyone again! Just move on with your lives and forget all this ever happened.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 09:05 PM)
I have to say, considering the age of the guys and the fact its the first album in 5 years, this album is going to be the last one Rush makes.
I don't think this will be there last tour, but Clockwork Angels is likely to be the last album ever.

Precisely. yes.gif