Is Clockwork Angels The Last Album

Tick

Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 25 2012, 07:05 AM)
I think it's more likely that another studio album will come than an R40 tour. I seriously can't see R40 happening AT ALL.
I can easily imagine another Rush album happening before they all turn 65. Hell, I can even imagine an EP (of 6 or 7 songs) THEN embarking on a tour for that by 2015.

Ok, let me get this straight....

You can see Rush touring into there 60's and touring in 2015 with new music, but R40 which is 2014 will not happen, "AT ALL".

wacko.gif

I think considering we are only 2 short years away from R40, its the most likely of Rush options for that year. If they are still together I would say its almost a given it will happen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tick @ May 25 2012, 08:45 PM)
I think it's more likely that another studio album will come than an R40 tour. I seriously can't see R40 happening AT ALL.
I can easily imagine another Rush album happening before they all turn 65. Hell, I can even imagine an EP (of 6 or 7 songs) THEN embarking on a tour for that by 2015.

You can see Rush touring into there 60's and touring in 2015 with new music, but R40 which is 2014 will not happen, "AT ALL".

wacko.gif

I think considering we are only 2 short years away from R40, its the most likely of Rush options for that year. If they are still together I would say its almost a given it will happen.

I already commented in a few other threads about R40. It's not surprising that those posts would get lost in every other post but I just didn't want to repeat myself. But I will now: I don't see R40 happening because it'd practically be a repeat of R30. And repeating the same trick (that kind of trick anyway) isn't something that RUSH does. How many times have they said that they liked to move forward? How many times have we enjoyed watching them move forward? I guess you could argue that the Time Machine Tour was a repeat of the Moving Pictures tour. But there'd be a lot of people, including myself, saying that last year's tour was not a repeat of any kind.

Yes, I can see Rush touring into their 60's. Hell, Neil will turn 60 at the start of this upcoming tour. And the other 2 guys will be that in the 2nd leg of that tour. So at the end of the CA tour in 2013 they'd be 61, 60, and 60. No, I can't imagine them getting right back out there in 2014 for R40. But I can see them resting for most of 2014 and recording at its end THEN putting out an album (even if it's a shorter EP) again in 2015. Releasing any new material in 2015 would be pushing it but I do think it's more likely than R40.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 25 2012, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ May 25 2012, 08:45 PM)

wacko.gif

I already commented in a few other threads about R40. It's not surprising that it'd get lost in every other post but I just didn't want to repeat myself. But I will now: I don't see R40 happening again because it'd practically be a repeat of R30. And repeating the same trick (that kind of trick anyway) isn't something that RUSH does. How many times have they said that they liked to move forward? How many times have we enjoyed watching them move forward? I guess you could argue that the Time Machine Tour was a repeat of the Moving Pictures tour. But there'd be a lot of people, including myself, saying that last year's tour was not a repeat of any kind.

Yes, I can see Rush touring into their 60's. Hell, Neil will turn 60 at the start of this upcoming tour. And the other 2 guys will be that in the 2nd leg of that tour. So at the end of the CA tour in 2013 they'd be 61, 60, and 60. No, I can't imagine them getting right back out there in 2014 for R40. But I can see them resting for most of 2014 and recording at its end THEN putting out an album (even if it's a shorter EP) again in 2015. Releasing any new material in 2015 would be pushing it but I do think it's more likely than R40.

Thank you for explaining. I don't agree, but that's ok. I think R40 is something very likely to happen. A greatest hits type tour with no album like Feedback in the mix. The band will cash in on it in my opinion. They will probably play 2112 in its entirety to add more appeal and interest.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 25 2012, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 24 2012, 11:29 PM)
I'm going to be an optimist for the first time in my life and say no.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif life's better when the glass is half full trink38.gif

I am just getting the pulse of what everyone thinks. That's all. Maybe they will put out another record. That is up to Rush. bacon.gif

it really comes down to this:

1. Rush only makes albums once every 5 years

2. Geddy's voice is deteriorating live.

3. Rush does not make albums without touring.

4. Geddy's voice will not hold up another 5 years.

= Last Album

QUOTE (Tick @ May 25 2012, 07:25 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 25 2012, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 24 2012, 11:29 PM)
I'm going to be an optimist for the first time in my life and say no.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif life's better when the glass is half full trink38.gif

I am just getting the pulse of what everyone thinks. That's all. Maybe they will put out another record. That is up to Rush. bacon.gif

I was just celebrating her new found optimism smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 25 2012, 07:37 AM)

= Last Album

Not sure what ball you were looking at. The crystal ball of grim futures? I already told you the future, and it is bright. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 24 2012, 09:29 PM)
Rushisaband posted an interview with Alex where he was already talking about the next album.

yes.gif

Absolutely not the last album nor will it be their last tour.

These guys are still going strong! I love what they are doing NOW and hope to see them doing their thing 10 years from now!

Edited by tjtull

I think it is far more likely that they would stop touring because of age than stop making albums. Touring is hard on them physically, amongst other things. Making albums is not, it's the most fun part of being a musician for them.

The only drawback to this scenario that I see is that albums don't make the kind of money they used to. Touring is more lucrative now. But I still think it's more likely that they'll scale back the touring before they stop recording.

I hope CA kicks ass 'cuz if it is the last, they could be ending their recording career on a major high note.

If it is their last recording I'd like to see them do something like Billy Joel does, tour but just keep playing the older material. Their catalog is huge and they could easily tour for many more years.

I don't think this is their last record though but from all the hype and good words I've heard about CA I sort of hope it is their last so they can end on a high note.

QUOTE (Nuts&Bolts @ May 24 2012, 10:27 PM)
If I choose not to reply. Does that mean I still have made a choice???

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/24b6zk4_thjpg.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 25 2012, 05:52 AM)

= Last Album

Not sure what ball you were looking at. The crystal ball of grim futures? I already told you the future, and it is bright. biggrin.gif

I think people just don't want to admit it, but people are free to believe what they want. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 25 2012, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ May 25 2012, 05:52 AM)

= Last Album

I think people just don't want to admit it, but people are free to believe what they want. wink.gif

Sorrrray! Fine, you can be an unbeliever. I'll meet you in this thread in the year 2020, right after the R46 tour is announced, and I will gloat! 1287.gif

To be honest, I thought this was shaping-up to be their Swan Song, too. It seemed suspicious to me that the guys seemed to be giving us diehard fans everything we've said we wanted for the past twenty years. Why now? Was this new album a "love letter" to the fans, one last hurrah, saying farewell to us by giving us what we always wanted? One last pure memory of the band, a "perfect album" to leave us with?

But now look at the interviews the band have been giving, and they're once again talking about a long future and feeling re-energized, off to new beginnings. I think Alex recently said something along the lines of "we'll keep making albums until we're dead."

This isn't the last.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 25 2012, 01:40 PM)
why you do this to me Dimi?

MERRIN!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tick

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 24 2012, 09:52 PM)
Besides.... everyone knows Neil is a robot. So once Geddy and Alex are reborn in holographic form, the band can keep touring forever.

I hear that they've all been replaced by replicants. yes.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/Tears_In_Rain_Roy.png

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Vapor Trails CDs on fire off the shoulder of Orion..."