Is Clockwork Angels The Last Album

Tick

Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we are witnessing the last studio album Rush will ever make?

• Yes
    • No

I have to say, considering the age of the guys and the fact its the first album in 5 years, this album is going to be the last one Rush makes.

I don't think this will be there last tour, but Clockwork Angels is likely to be the last album ever.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the talk from the band about the one after CA, I doubt it. They'll be touring into 2014. Then we're looking at the possibility of R40 and everything that entails. Then, hypothetically, they'll "start on a new album", which pretty much means they'll take three years off, think about it for one, and actually do something in the fifth. A new Rush album in 2019-2020? I don't think so.

I hope I'm wrong - I like the modern era music well enough, and I would welcome an album after CA. I just don't think it's likely.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 24 2012, 08:29 PM)
Rushisaband posted an interview with Alex where he was already talking about the next album.

History has shown that Alex is a loose cannon when being interviewed, and not always the most reputable source of information. tongue.gif

But I think I saw the article you speak of, and I hope I'm wrong on this! wink.gif

Holy crap, guys. Where is this coming from? There are multiple quotes even just recently from all of them talking about playing these songs for many years to come, making albums until they die, and specifically mentioning the next album. Not to mention all the quotes from the last couple of years like the CNN interview where they were asked if they could see themselves still being an active band 10 years from now and they said "sure, why not if we're still playing well?" Of course it could all end at any time from something unexpected like in the late 90s but otherwise I hae no idea why you guys are even asking about this.

It has to end at some point but this speculation about the last album or last tour has been going on openly since at least Presto and really even farther back than that. Barring a death or lost limb there's no way this is the last album.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 24 2012, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 24 2012, 08:29 PM)
Rushisaband posted an interview with Alex where he was already talking about the next album.

yeah This!

yes.gif

he says that now, but 5 years from now we'll see if he's singing the same tune. wink.gif

Nahhh. 60 is the new 40. wink.gif

This isn't the last album.

Besides.... everyone knows Neil is a robot. So once Geddy and Alex are reborn in holographic form, the band can keep touring forever.

I hope Clockwork Angels is great and I hope they finish their career with class--on a high note.

And for god sakes, 5 years after the last show, don't release a Coda. No one wants to hear the outtakes and songs that never worked.

I'd have to say yes...for reasons ranging from the technical (Geddy's voice) to the emotional (the reviews seem to indicate that this was a huge undertaking by the band that took a lot out of them).

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 24 2012, 09:20 PM)
Holy crap, guys. Where is this coming from? There are multiple quotes even just recently from all of them talking about playing these songs for many years to come, making albums until they die, and specifically mentioning the next album. Not to mention all the quotes from the last couple of years like the CNN interview where they were asked if they could see themselves still being an active band 10 years from now and they said "sure, why not if we're still playing well?" Of course it could all end at any time from something unexpected like in the late 90s but otherwise I hae no idea why you guys are even asking about this.

It has to end at some point but this speculation about the last album or last tour has been going on openly since at least Presto and really even farther back than that. Barring a death or lost limb there's no way this is the last album.

/thread

QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 08:05 PM)
I have to say, considering the age of the guys and the fact its the first album in 5 years, this album is going to be the last one Rush makes.
I don't think this will be there last tour, but Clockwork Angels is likely to be the last album ever.

Just because you feel old Ticky, now you've reached the ripe old age of 59, doesn't mean everyone else does too!

tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 25 2012, 03:20 AM)

goodpost.gif

I think it's more likely that another studio album will come than an R40 tour. I seriously can't see R40 happening AT ALL.

I can easily imagine another Rush album happening before they all turn 65. Hell, I can even imagine an EP (of 6 or 7 songs) THEN embarking on a tour for that by 2015.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 25 2012, 04:34 AM)
HELL NO!

RUSH WILL NOT RETIRE!!

They are already writing new material for their next album.

It's a GIVEN.

This thread is not about Rush retiring. I don't think they will for awhile. I just think we will probably get a few themed tours.

Maybe a new song or two. I think Rush will have 2 more tours after this one.

Obviously its possible they might put out another album. I just think its more likely that they don't.