I Think After "Ok Computer" RADIOHEAD SUCKS!

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 23 2012, 07:39 AM)
I agree for the most part with you Earl. OK Computer is in my top 5 fav albums of all time. In Rainbows is amazing, though. But, then I threw down major bucks for the SE of King of Limbs, and boy was I pissed! It's horrible, imo. I only listened to the digital download, so I have an unwrapped special edition of crap sitting on my shelf. wacko.gif

Hey Sully! No doubt! I could only listen to the first track on "Kings Of Crap!"

It's Radiohead's "St. Anger" album.

Signed,

METALLICAN'T

The King of Limbs was somewhat disappointing, but In Rainbows is their best album to date, and Kid A is all kinds of awesome as well.

And Steven Wilson is a big fan of post-OKC Radiohead by his own admission, so his Kid A pun to the crowd was probably in jest.

Also, Radiohead has NEVER sold out, and it is dead wrong to suggest otherwise. What they did took balls. They could have rested on their laurels and kept doing albums like The Bends and OK Computer over and over (which would have been fine with most, since those two albums are awesome as well), but they completely changed their sound, which was a considerable risk. That is anything but selling out. If you don't like the newer stuff, alrighty then, but saying they sold out is dead wrong. Dead wrong.

I don't get all the hate for "The King of Limbs". When I first heard it, I thought it was absolute shit. Like many people, I was expecting "In Rainbows Part 2", not bleeps and bloops. But I listened to it again and started to let it intervene on my daily listening routine. Though it's not my all time favorite Radiohead album, it's still a solid piece of work (especially "Codex").

Being curious, I checked out how they played songs from TKoL live. I was honestly pretty impressed. Watching the live stream from Coachella on April 15th (which was totally worth it if you were a fan who couldn't make it to this tour), the renditions of "Lotus Flower", "Morning Mr. Magpie", and "Bloom" were fantastic.

For me, Radiohead is a band you either love or you hate. I really enjoy "The Bends" up through "In Rainbows" without difficulty. Lately, I've been on a roll with "OK Computer" and "In Rainbows", which are two of my all time favorite albums. What I don't get is people who don't even try to acknowledge anything after "OK Computer". Sure, "Kid A" started the experimental electronic part of Radiohead, but that turned out some pretty good stuff ("Idioteque", "Everything in Its Right Place", "Like Spinning Knives"). The last real rock oriented album was "Hail to the Thief", which, in all honesty, seems to be accepted by only really hardcore fans.

I can understand hate for Radiohead too, because there's a lot of tendencies they have that just never click with me. Thom's voice, the sub-par mixing on some of the earlier albums, etc., are really what I hate. But people seem to point to the electronic oriented songs as their reason for hating Radiohead. I don't get that, but whatever.

QUOTE (The K Man @ May 23 2012, 09:40 PM)
The King of Limbs was somewhat disappointing, but In Rainbows is their best album to date, and Kid A is all kinds of awesome as well.

And Steven Wilson is a big fan of post-OKC Radiohead by his own admission, so his Kid A pun to the crowd was probably in jest.

Also, Radiohead has NEVER sold out, and it is dead wrong to suggest otherwise. What they did took balls. They could have rested on their laurels and kept doing albums like The Bends and OK Computer over and over (which would have been fine with most, since those two albums are awesome as well), but they completely changed their sound, which was a considerable risk. That is anything but selling out. If you don't like the newer stuff, alrighty then, but saying they sold out is dead wrong. Dead wrong.

Wow K Man!

I can't argue that! I didn't pick up Wilson's sarcasm at all!

Well played! I was totally fooled! I thought Steven hated "Kid A."

Still I just can't get into any of that Kid F for Flunk stuff at all!

Hell I even wasted my money on all of those two cd reissues.

Still I can't get into it, yet I still have it. I haven't dumped my Radiohead collection to my local used record store yet!

Maybe there is hope! Or not!

If I said that Radiohead "sold out" then that was not my intention.

If anything they "sold in" and said "fukk the masses and record companies!

I think their first three records were made to get commercially known.

Then once they found their niche and cash flow they decided to go off the beaten path and explore new and strange musical landscapes.

Landscapes that suck. JMO

Cheers!

Some stuff on "In Rainbows" is ok but overall it's quite a boring record.

"Kings Of Kimbo Slice" sucks!! LOL

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 22 2012, 11:25 PM)
I love the first three albums by the band but man after "Ok Computer" fuggedaboutit!

I scored a killer Radiohead cd bootleg today calling "Heading To America."
Some of you diehard Head Fans might know of this pressing.
It's in a cool digipak format unlike the jewel case version.

Anyway it's from the "Ok Computer" Tour. Great record!

Everything from "Kid A" to "King Of Limbs" is complete crap!!!!!

I have an older Porcupine Tree boot where even Steven Wilson rips apart "Kid A" to the audience. Classic!

Anyway, sorry to all of you Radioheads!!!! The band started off great but after the first three albums they turned to SHITE.

HEAD ON! 1022.gif

I am not even a fan of Radiohead and I can wholeheartedly say that they have more originality,, technicality, and unpretentiousness than PT. And frankly, Radiohead doesn't suck as much as PT.

Even though they are very different bands, Rush and Radiohead are very similar in that both have never done what anyone else has wanted them to do, they have both gone in directions that pissed certain fans off (Rush going the synth route following MP, and Radiohead going heavy on the electronica with Kid A and forward), and they both managed to sustain their high creativity for a long period of time as a result.

I get why fans who wanted more Radiohead rock like in the 90s were turned off by the direction they went in following OK Computer, but when you sit back and look at their career as a whole, you cannot deny what they have done. They are as popular as ever right now, and that is despite never really having any hits. Call them arty, call them whatever, but you have to call them true artists in every sense of the word. They should be applauded for that, not scolded just because they went down a road you might not have personally liked.

All I know of Radiohead is Pablo Honey.

I like that album quite a bit and have a couple songs from there on my phone.

Saw them on that tour back in '93 when they opened for Belly...really good show!!!

As for Tom Yorke's voice, traditionally I hate that tone (similar to Morissey, Robert Smith and that sniveler H from Marillion) and just the other day when You was playing I was thinking I generally can't stand that kind of voice, but I like his...at least on PH which is all I've ever heard.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 26 2012, 07:29 AM)
This band is criminally overrated.

This is one of my drawbacks to Radiohead. They're overrated, but they also have a great catalog behind them.

QUOTE (Oracle @ May 26 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 26 2012, 07:29 AM)
This band is criminally overrated.

This is one of my drawbacks to Radiohead. They're overrated, but they also have a great catalog behind them.

This is one of the best posts I have read this year.

It's so cool because it's so oxymoronic and yet I agree.

Even though I bashed this band about their shite after "Ok" I still have everything up to "In Rainbows."

I think my Japanese pressing of "In Rainbows" is still sealed.

HEAD ON!

Overrated and underrated is mostly a silly notion in general, as any band that is popular is gonna be called overrated by a lot of people, and any band that should (in the minds of their fans) be more popular than they are is gonna be called underrated. A band can still be great and overrated.

I love Radiohead, but I can see why some don't. It's a love 'em or hate 'em kind of band. What I like is that from album to album their style changes. It's always new and refreshing and somewhat avant garde to what is being produced today.

Kid A is probably their best and most complete album, so I don't know what you're talking about. Second to that is In Rainbows

Hail to the Thief is their most underrated album

I wasn't too jazzed about King of Limbs when it initially came out, but it has grown on me.

I can see where someone might not like Yorke's vocals, but it is actually the sixth instrument in the band. Gee the same was always said about Geddy Lee.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 23 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ May 23 2012, 07:57 AM)
I've tried and tried to like Radiohead...I just can't do it.  Same with Muse, it doesn't do anything for me.

If you have to Try and like anything , it ain't gonna work

So true.

I do love OK Computer (that's the only one I have). I never heard KoL until they had them play the whole thing live in "the basement" on Palladia. Very cool stuff.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 30 2012, 01:45 AM)
I do love OK Computer (that's the only one I have). I never heard KoL until they had them play the whole thing live in "the basement" on Palladia. Very cool stuff.

You see, most people didn't think that when TKoL first came out. A lot of people were almost alienated from the band.Even Thom Yorke acknowledged it. I wasn't exactly too keen on TKoL on first listen either, but it grew on me like all the other Radiohead albums. I think I was of the mindset of "In Rainbows Part 2" like many other fans. But hearing the live versions of songs from TKoL, the band has been able to successfully rework them to more guitar oriented arrangements. I'm more than happy with that.

I'm a moderate fan. I only have OK Computer, and Pablo Honey. They are good, but never left me having to buy more of there records.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 31 2012, 01:59 PM)
I'm a moderate fan. I only have OK Computer, and Pablo Honey. They are good, but never left me having to buy more of there records.

Not like Shinedown.................. ph34r.gif

atickhum.gif