Brand new interview with Alex

snowdog2112

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 21 2012, 07:24 PM)
Why am I doing all the work finding these? What are the rest of you good for? wink.gif

laugh.gif

It's because most of just don't aspire to your level of insane fanboism. tongue.gif

Seriously though, nice find! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 21 2012, 08:26 PM)
Dude, you rock!

And, you're the one finding these because there ain't nothing else to do where you live! tongue.gif

angry.gif What!? Hey, screw you budd....

Oh wait, you're right. laugh.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 21 2012, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 21 2012, 08:26 PM)
Dude, you rock! 

And, you're the one finding these because there ain't nothing else to do where you live! tongue.gif

angry.gif What!? Hey, screw you budd....

Oh wait, you're right. laugh.gif

smile.gif

trink39.gif

Seriously, awesome interview and a great find. Thanks!

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 21 2012, 08:40 PM)
well that answers the Caravan/BU2B question. I guess they weren't re-recorded, just remixed.

The originals weren't done in Doubly.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 21 2012, 07:41 PM)
the fact that they used an orchestra for part of the song, i guess there's a good chance they will bring the orchestra along. facepalm.gif

i would seriously doubt that - the added expense would be enormous, not to mention the difficult logistics. i'm guessing either they won't play those tracks or they'll just do them more stripped down live.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ May 21 2012, 08:41 PM)
the fact that they used an orchestra for part of the song, i guess there's a good chance they will bring the orchestra along.  facepalm.gif

"Part of the song"? Where have you been? There are strings used throughout the album. I don't think that means there will be strings live on stage. Plus, as I understand it we're talking more along the lines of a string quartet, not an orchestra.

Couple other notable things, if I understand it correctly there will be no 5.1 version of CA. That's disappointing. It is 2112 on the cover (as if it wasn't blatantly obvious anyway), and Alex is already casually referring to the next album, there's no quit in sight for these guys. VT remix is coming whenever there's time for it, and the masters of many of the tracks of other old albums like the first one and 2112 are missing, and most painfully the Permanent Waves masters are gone. This would explain why those haven't been done in 5.1. Tragic.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 21 2012, 09:43 PM)
the fact that they used an orchestra for part of the song, i guess there's a good chance they will bring the orchestra along.  facepalm.gif

i would seriously doubt that - the added expense would be enormous, not to mention the difficult logistics. i'm guessing either they won't play those tracks or they'll just do them more stripped down live.

if they did decide to bring one along it would probably be a little 3 or 4 piece section. they could bring them in for the small part and than have the floor swallow them. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 21 2012, 09:43 PM)

Geddy will just trigger the "orchestra" with a foot pedal

QUOTE (presto123 @ May 21 2012, 08:44 PM)
Snowdog2112 comes through again. trink39.gif Wish Them Well seems to be getting more love lately. Maybe every song on the record is strong. 1022.gif

Yeah, obviously words don't really tell me how it'll sound but I'm really intrigued by that one from what I've read lately. I guess maybe it's because I love a lot of the "black sheep" songs of the Rush catalog that aren't so popular. I freaking love Everyday Glory for example. And Heresy.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 21 2012, 10:43 PM)

Or trigger samples.

I don't know why some folks are getting their jocks in a knot over the fact that yes, there are some orchestral sections on the album. Let's have a listen first, OK?

"There`ll be a good portion of new material and some older stuff that we`ll be revisiting that you haven`t heard in a long time. There`s also a couple that we haven`t played live before that we`re thinking about doing. There`s quite a few in contention for the final set list."

I'm happy! 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 22 2012, 01:40 AM)
He's already talking about who's producing the next record, so I hope that shuts up the "Is this the last album?" brigade...

At least he didn't mention that they'd be playing "Jacob's Ladder" this tour....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 22 2012, 01:02 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 22 2012, 01:40 AM)
He's already talking about who's producing the next record, so I hope that shuts up the "Is this the last album?" brigade...

At least he didn't mention that they'd be playing "Jacob's Ladder" this tour....

When people mention Jacob's Ladder these days he thinks they mean:

http://i.imgur.com/R8AZL.jpg