• Nocturne
    • Freeze
    • Out Of The Cradle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earthshine.

I heard it on the Vapor Trails tour but that was my first Rush show and that was 10 years ago. I missed R30, so I didn't get to see it then. That last verse is just gorgeous, the words put a lump in my throat.

Earthshine

QUOTE (default236 @ May 20 2012, 04:18 PM)
Secret Touch

I think Secret Touch is the best song on the album but I would like to get Vapor Trail since they've never played it live!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ May 27 2012, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ May 15 2012, 11:32 PM)
I voted for Earthshine, but it would be cool to hear Vapor Trail or Ceiling Unlimited too.

Ceiling Unlimited is not a good song

Sez you!

It's one of my very favourites from Vapor Trails. A great song to exercise to, too; so fast and upbeat!

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ May 27 2012, 12:54 PM)
I voted for Earthshine, but it would be cool to hear Vapor Trail or Ceiling Unlimited too.

Ceiling Unlimited is the song that first got me intensely into Vapor Trails. The opening guitar chords coming in like a big clanging railway bell... the pseudo-psycho-ska rhythm guitar backing behind the first part of each verse, leading into a rocking riff... the awesome interplay between guitar and drums... the incredible vocals... the truly literary lyrics that hit me viscerally... the melodic sing-along chorus. Man....

I LOVE this song. wub.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 27 2012, 09:49 PM)

Ceiling Unlimited is the song that first got me intensely into Vapor Trails. The opening guitar chords coming in like a big clanging railway bell... the pseudo-psycho-ska rhythm guitar backing behind the first part of each verse, leading into a rocking riff... the awesome interplay between guitar and drums... the incredible vocals... the truly literary lyrics that hit me viscerally... the melodic sing-along chorus. Man....

The bass solo is my favorite part. It's a really cool song that's butchered by the production. (I don't think the VT sound issues have quite the catastrophic effect that a lot of people do, but they really maim CU.)

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ May 27 2012, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 27 2012, 09:49 PM)

The bass solo is my favorite part. It's a really cool song that's butchered by the production. (I don't think the VT sound issues have quite the catastrophic effect that a lot of people do, but they really maim CU.)

Yeah, the bass solo is really cool. I agree, there are some pretty noticeable sound issues on CU. For me, most of the song sounds fine, but the bass solo section would have been vast improved with a different mix (and a different arrangement, i.e. fewer layers of guitar).

Hard to go wrong with Earthshine, that riff is a killer.

For more obscure songs, I'd love to hear Sweet Miracle as it would be incredible live. Vapor trail is a good song, but the Geddy Choirs and overdubs might make that not work as well as we'd like.

I'd actually love to see them close the show with "Out of the Cradle" as an encore. I love that song right now and it's obscure enough to throw even die hard fans for a loop. It has that beautiful bridge and would be a lovely way to end a concert.