911?

friendlyfloridian

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 11 2012, 03:21 PM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 11 2012, 12:38 PM)
Quick to judge indeed...

Right back at you. I have the same right to my opinion as yours. I am not the one trashing you for your beliefs. But whoa I come on here asking for some opinions and I get trashed. Not good. You would have thought I started a religious debate. wacko.gif

I do think people jumped you a little heavily and didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

What I got from it was that while it is 9:12, it is kind of ambiguous as it is hands on a clock and without knowledge that its a reference to 21:12, one might mistake it for being 9:11.

Where I think you fell off the wagon a little bit is when you said that it was "in bad taste". Saying its in bad taste means that Rush meant to be offensive with this cover and meant to invoke feelings about 9/11. This is almost certainly not true.

Agreed. I don't think that Rush did it intentionally but I still think it is a close resemblance to 911 and in bad taste.

facepalm.gif

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 04:07 PM)
Quick to judge indeed...

Right back at you. I have the same right to my opinion as yours. I am not the one trashing you for your beliefs. But whoa I come on here asking for some opinions and I get trashed. Not good. You would have thought I started a religious debate. wacko.gif

I do think people jumped you a little heavily and didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

What I got from it was that while it is 9:12, it is kind of ambiguous as it is hands on a clock and without knowledge that its a reference to 21:12, one might mistake it for being 9:11.

Where I think you fell off the wagon a little bit is when you said that it was "in bad taste". Saying its in bad taste means that Rush meant to be offensive with this cover and meant to invoke feelings about 9/11. This is almost certainly not true.

Agreed. I don't think that Rush did it intentionally but I still think it is a close resemblance to 911 and in bad taste.

It's only in bad taste if Rush said they did it intentionally. Which they haven't.

Quick to judge indeed...

How the f**k can it be "in bad taste" if you're the only nut seeing it? Was the band supposed to plan for the possibility of someone seeing something?

Oh no, I see a devil in the red swirly. f**k Rush!!

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ May 11 2012, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 10:17 AM)
It's not 9:11. It's 9:12, which, on a 24-hour clock, is 21:12. It's an in-joke.

How in the world can u tell the difference?

because he knows EVERYTHING z7shysterical.gif

Man, that hurts. That really hurts. Your opinion means the world to me, and you jump into the thread just to insult me? I'm not going to sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

In other words: F you.

Right back at ya, go write a meaningless blog about it moon.gif

Nobody would want to read it if your name was anywhere near it. Much like your posts on this forum.

You came into this thread for the sole purpose of taking a cheap (and painfully unclever) shot at me. This little back and forth you started? I can keep this up all day. Feel free to keep it personal, I've got plenty of time.

I guess you do, when you don;t do F all, rofl3.gif

Horrific grammar and punctuation aside, you're suggesting that the reason I have plenty of time to respond to you is because I don't do anything otherwise?

I'm a terrific multi-tasker. Checking in here doesn't take more than a few minutes in between rendering videos, uploading to YouTube and preparing for a conference that I'm speaking at next week. Surely you don't think that my day is nothing but staring off into space waiting for the next gem to fall out of your mouth? You probably do think that... which is one more reason you can't be taken seriously.

Side note: it takes two to tango. Insulting me by suggesting that I'm wasting time here merely highlights the fact that you're doing the exact same thing. Are you wasting your time? Do you not have anything better to do? Insult me on this and you insult yourself.

Zippy the pin head comes to mind icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 11 2012, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 10:18 AM)

because he knows EVERYTHING z7shysterical.gif

Man, that hurts. That really hurts. Your opinion means the world to me, and you jump into the thread just to insult me? I'm not going to sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

In other words: F you.

Right back at ya, go write a meaningless blog about it moon.gif

Nobody would want to read it if your name was anywhere near it. Much like your posts on this forum.

You came into this thread for the sole purpose of taking a cheap (and painfully unclever) shot at me. This little back and forth you started? I can keep this up all day. Feel free to keep it personal, I've got plenty of time.

I guess you do, when you don;t do F all, rofl3.gif

Horrific grammar and punctuation aside, you're suggesting that the reason I have plenty of time to respond to you is because I don't do anything otherwise?

I'm a terrific multi-tasker. Checking in here doesn't take more than a few minutes in between rendering videos, uploading to YouTube and preparing for a conference that I'm speaking at next week. Surely you don't think that my day is nothing but staring off into space waiting for the next gem to fall out of your mouth? You probably do think that... which is one more reason you can't be taken seriously.

Side note: it takes two to tango. Insulting me by suggesting that I'm wasting time here merely highlights the fact that you're doing the exact same thing. Are you wasting your time? Do you not have anything better to do? Insult me on this and you insult yourself.

Zippy the pin head comes to mind icon_really_happy_guy.gif

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/367.jpg

Quick to judge indeed...

Okay, we're going around in circles here. My point was saying something is "in bad taste" means the speaker or author or what have you meant to be offensive. Rush obviously did not mean for anyone to think about 9/11 when looking at this cover.

My question to you is, when The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers came out, did you think the title of that movie was in bad taste?

My clock says 9:11 twice a day. How insensitive and disrespectful! Doesn't that clock know thousands of people were murdered on that day? It should go from 9:10 straight to 9:12, out of respect....

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 11 2012, 03:21 PM)

The 10 would be the center of the X thingy, so 11 would probably be touching the symbol still.. so 12 is just past that in the empty space.

That's definately a 12..! wink.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ May 11 2012, 03:20 PM)
As Burton Cummings said many years ago " no time" left for you. Carry on rofl3.gif

Can't even be bothered to answer a straight question. That's fine.

For the record, I'm no guru of anything. Never claimed to be, never will. The industries I'm a part of, that's not a word people wear proudly.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/c/c3/c37cd6f7_This-thread-Is-full-of-win.jpg

I love how some people just read 911 into everything. The world isn't laughing at America because of the tragedy, nor will it make the number taboo because of it. Rush is known for making 2112 references in everything, this is no exception. The amount of fail in your post is amusing. Moving on. Edited by USB Connector

Did I catch a Zappa quote?

Maybe in a few years Rush will digitally remaster CA with a digital clock on the cover to dispel all doubt...

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 11 2012, 06:41 PM)
Did I catch a Zappa quote?

Maybe in a few years Rush will digitally remaster CA with a digital clock on the cover to dispel all doubt...

Is that a Sears Poncho? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 11 2012, 08:36 PM)
http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/36/36507fd1_Awesome5B15D.jpg

This thread has kept me entertained all day! It has EVERYTHING. Drama, Mystery, Comedy, a Life-affirming Message, etc.

Can't wait for the sequel!

applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif