Headlong Flight Opinions 3 Weeks Later

rushgoober

Ok, we've had Headlong Flight for 3 weeks now. Do you like it more, less or the same as when it first came out?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Ok, we've had Headlong Flight for 3 weeks now. Do you like it more, less or the same as when it first came out?

• It's even better than I originally thought!
    • It's as good as ever.
    • I don't like it quite as much as I thought I did.
    • I haven't listened to it since it came out and I won't again until the album comes out.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ May 21 2012, 07:04 PM)
I've heard the song about 30 times now. It has really grown on me as an instant classic.

Um.. But that's not instant, is it? unsure.gif

Just kidding. Glad you like it. biggrin.gif

I listen to Headlong Flight everyday. It's the first thing I do when I wake up. I love this song! I can't wait to hear it live. This is a song that's made to be played live...

Seriously, I friggin love this song! That guitar riff that starts at about 2:08 is so damn sweet! Neil is just drumming like a maniac and Geddy's bass sound is killer!

This is in my top 10 greatest Rush songs of all time!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 8 2012, 08:33 AM)
If you like it more or less, tell us why! Why has it grown on you or fallen somewhat out of favor???

Well, since you asked.....

When it FIRST came out, like the first day or two, I thought it was great. Like top 10 all time kind of great. But I have since downgraded to very good. A lot of Rush songs are like that with me.....if you were to plot awesomeness vs. time on a graph, there'd be a giant spike at the beginning, and it would level out over time.

Of course this is subject to change once I actually hear the song IN THE CONTEXT OF THE ALBUM. yes.gif

Good topic. trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 21 2012, 01:22 PM)
Ok, I listened to the song again - haven't since I did this thread, and I gotta say, I 'm gonna upgrade the song back from good to very good.  Giving it some distance, I actually enjoyed it a lot more - I didn't think it really got repetitive until around 6:42, which was almost all the way through the song.  And the song could still grow on me further, so that's a step up! yes.gif

I didn't see this when I posted.....great minds think alike! smile.gif

Edited by Rush Cocky

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ May 22 2012, 01:20 PM)
I listen to Headlong Flight everyday. It's the first thing I do when I wake up. .

yeah i like to bang one out on waking up too, clears the head and sets you up for the rest of the day

drool1.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ May 23 2012, 09:43 AM)
I listen to Headlong Flight everyday. It's the first thing I do when I wake up. .

yeah i like to bang one out on waking up too, clears the head and sets you up for the rest of the day

drool1.gif

Ged's voice turns you on, eh?

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ May 23 2012, 02:43 PM)

What does that have to do with Headlong Flight? lol unsure.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ May 23 2012, 09:43 AM)

drool1.gif

spit6ph.gif

Bang one out?

Listen to it at least once a day and it gets better every time. I share it with a lot of my customers who are RUSH fans and all they say is wow!!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2012, 02:12 PM)
It's almost getting to the point that I need to change the title to 6 Weeks Later instead of 3! Even my opinion has changed since I started the thread! tongue.gif

Is this a good Opinion, or a Bad opinion? laugh.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 24 2012, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2012, 02:12 PM)
It's almost getting to the point that I need to change the title to 6 Weeks Later instead of 3!  Even my opinion has changed since I started the thread! tongue.gif

Is this a good Opinion, or a Bad opinion? laugh.gif

it's an improved opinion, so good! yes.gif

One thing that's starting to stick out to me in the song is Geddy's groovin bassline during the chorus. Never really paid much attention to it before, then I'm listening to the song at work last night and it just stuck out.