Ozzy vs. Bruce Dickinson

adace1

Which singer/musician do you prefer?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which singer/musician do you prefer?

• Ozzy
    • Bruce
    • I like both equally

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 10 2012, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 10 2012, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 10 2012, 03:31 AM)
Easy Ozzy - Maiden without Paul - no thanks!!!

They haven't been the same since Dennis Wilcock. After '78 they sold out.

rofl3.gif notworthy.gif

I'll do you one even better. Maiden totally sold out by even having a singer. The night they were signed by Capitol Records, Paul wasn't even there--he was in jail. Steve half-assedly sang the lyrics. They should have soldiered on as a four-piece. How f*ckin' metal is that. wink.gif

Bruce by far, though I like (only Ozzy and Dio-era)Sabbath slightly more than Maiden and I like first two Ozzy albums.

Bruce was always a normal, cool guy and great frontman, he never pretended to be such a big fool for media attention as f***ing Ozzy.

And he is far better vocalist than Ozzy. And Bruce is far better MAN than Ozzy too!

QUOTE (Tick @ May 10 2012, 08:35 PM) QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 10 2012, 04:31 AM) Easy Ozzy - Maiden without Paul - no thanks!!!

Really? unsure.gif

I grew up with the first 2 Albums and was very disappointed at the time when Paul was replaced. I can't stand the voice of Bruce (I know I'm in the minority here) and therefore I can hardly find good songs in the later Maiden catalogue. Exceptions are a few songs from 'Powerslave'. Please don't ask about 'Marillion' without Fish or 'Genesis' without Gabriel...

Forgot about that thread and I'm surprised how I changed my mind since I saw Maiden live, a few times over the last years. I also checked out a lot of their later releases and I learned to enjoy them. Anyway, I still love the first two albums more than anything of their later stuff and I still prefer Ozzy over Bruce. But who knows what comes next, I'm a changeling. :AlienSmiley:

QUOTE (Tick @ May 10 2012, 08:35 PM) QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 10 2012, 04:31 AM) Easy Ozzy - Maiden without Paul - no thanks!!!

Really? unsure.gif

I grew up with the first 2 Albums and was very disappointed at the time when Paul was replaced. I can't stand the voice of Bruce (I know I'm in the minority here) and therefore I can hardly find good songs in the later Maiden catalogue. Exceptions are a few songs from 'Powerslave'. Please don't ask about 'Marillion' without Fish or 'Genesis' without Gabriel...

Forgot about that thread and I'm surprised how I changed my mind since I saw Maiden live, a few times over the last years. I also checked out a lot of their later releases and I learned to enjoy them. Anyway, I still love the first two albums more than anything of their later stuff and I still prefer Ozzy over Bruce. But who knows what comes next, I'm a changeling. :AlienSmiley:

I'm seeing Maiden for the first time next month! :haz:

And I vote for Bruce!

• Like 2

Really? unsure.gif

And I vote for Bruce!

:haz:

Great man and you'll get Ghost as a fantastic bonus. :blaze: Enjoy it!!!

Really? unsure.gif

And I vote for Bruce!

:haz:

Great man and you'll get Ghost as a fantastic bonus. :blaze: Enjoy it!!!

:yes: :banana:

Too bad I couldn't fit in Mastodon. They are in Chicago in a week or two. :(

While I think Uncle Ozzy is perfectly fine in the role he plays as a caterwauling metal frontman...I have a serious man-crush on Bruce Dickinson.

Bruce, to me, is amazing. Boundless energy, variety of interests that he excels at (he flies Ed Force One for damn's sake) and a killer stage presence with THE perfect vocals for metal. He could get on stage and sing the phone book and I'd be entertained. I love the guy.

Ozzy, on the other hand, is a buffoon.

• Like 2

Really? unsure.gif

And I vote for Bruce!

I've only seen them once. As an opening act for Priest.

Bruce doesn't do much for me, especially when compared to Rob Halford. Ozzy's no Rob either, but he's way more intoxicating. Ozzy every day.

Bruce doesn't do much for me, especially when compared to Rob Halford. Ozzy's no Rob either, but he's way more intoxicating. Ozzy every day.

Uh oh.

Your new venture into the world metal will be nowhere near as rewarding if you don't care for the voice of Bruce almighty.

Uh oh.

Your new venture into the world metal will be nowhere near as rewarding if you don't care for the voice of Bruce almighty.

It's not that I don't care for it, but it's just not a highlight for me.