AC/DC

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Yooper @ Jun 9 2012, 11:31 PM)
AC/DC=good Saturday night beer drinking music. Bon or Brian. Either one. Turn it up and let it rip.

yes.gif The best band to party/drink to! When I'm a little under the influence nothing's better than AC/DC!!!!!!! trink39.gif

yeah, my love for 70's AC/DC has gone up even more lately. For the first time in my rock n roll life, I recently heard the original vinyl rips of Dirt Deeds (Aussie release, different track listing and songs), T.N.T. (Aussie release, different track lists and songs), and Powerage (German pressing, heavier mix, a few added solos and intros and bonus track). killer stuff. 1022.gif Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jun 10 2012, 12:45 AM)
yeah, my love for 70's AC/DC has gone up even more lately. For the first time in my rock n roll life, I recently heard the original vinyl rips of Dirt Deeds (Aussie release, different track listing and songs), T.N.T. (Aussie release, different track lists and songs), and Powerage (German pressing, heavier mix, a few added solos and intros and bonus track). killer stuff. 1022.gif

Yup, the Aussie versions are superior to the inferior international versions. I mean Jailbreak was removed from the international Dirty Deeds, School Days from T.N.T., Rock In Peace etc. It doesn't get better than 70's AC/DC!!!!! trink39.gif

"You can stick your 9 to 5 living

And your collar and your tie

You can stick your moral standards

Cuz it's all a dirty lie

You can stick your golden handshake

And you can stick your silly rules

And all the other shit that you teach the kids in school

Cuz I...ain't...no...fool...

Gonna be a rock n roll singer......"

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 10 2012, 12:49 AM)
Powerage (German pressing, heavier mix, a few added solos and intros and bonus track). killer stuff. 1022.gif

Yup, the Aussie versions are superior to the inferior international versions.

you are right. Today I listened to the German Pressing of Powerage and I liked it alot. Kind of gritty, not really heavier like I thought. I Looked it up and "Cold Hearted Man" wasn't necessarily a bonus track, it was TAKEN OFF the US release (how lame, I couldda been listening to this song all this time, instead of today being the first time hearing it). Oh well, it's kinda cool now hearing a "long lost" track, at least to my ears. And I call myself an AC/DC fan...... banghead.gif

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jun 10 2012, 03:10 AM)
"You can stick your 9 to 5 living
And your collar and your tie
You can stick your moral standards
Cuz it's all a dirty lie
You can stick your golden handshake
And you can stick your silly rules
And all the other shit that you teach the kids in school
Cuz I...ain't...no...fool...
Gonna be a rock n roll singer......"

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yes I are! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Fly On The Wall spinning now. I haven't heard this one in years and now, through earphones, I like it. Classic? Probably not but it rocks pretty good. Had it on cassette when it came out and wasn't too impressed but it's not bad. Released in 1985. I can tell you what I was doing that year but not the one before. tongue.gif

yeah, my love for 70's AC/DC has gone up even more lately. For the first time in my rock n roll life, I recently heard the original vinyl rips of Dirt Deeds (Aussie release, different track listing and songs), T.N.T. (Aussie release, different track lists and songs), and Powerage (German pressing, heavier mix, a few added solos and intros and bonus track). killer stuff. 1022.gif

Those alternate releases are great. I love the Aussie Dirty Deeds, and wonder why a track like Jailbreak would be removed from the US issue. confused13.gif

The Aussie High Voltage is legit as well.

Edit: Answered in later post. smile.gif

Edited by goose

QUOTE (Yooper @ Jun 10 2012, 11:23 PM)
Fly On The Wall spinning now. I haven't heard this one in years and now, through earphones, I like it. Classic? Probably not but it rocks pretty good. Had it on cassette when it came out and wasn't too impressed but it's not bad. Released in 1985. I can tell you what I was doing that year but not the one before. tongue.gif

I like Fly on the Wall a lot. It was porrly marketed in the States. Shake Your Foundations was a decent hit in other countries. As I recall, "Danger" was the first release in the States. huh.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 10 2012, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Yooper @ Jun 10 2012, 11:23 PM)
Fly On The Wall spinning now.  I haven't heard this one in years and now, through earphones, I like it.  Classic?  Probably not but it rocks pretty good. Had it on cassette when it came out and wasn't too impressed but it's not bad.  Released in 1985.  I can tell you what I was doing that year but not the one before.  tongue.gif

I like Fly on the Wall a lot. It was porrly marketed in the States. Shake Your Foundations was a decent hit in other countries. As I recall, "Danger" was the first release in the States. huh.gif

The worst thing about FOTW is the production! Brian's vocals are buried! If the album was recorded better it would be a little higher on my ranking. Some good tunes, unfortunately ruined by typical shitty 80's production.

Brian "Suck My" Johnson is a FRAUD!

I can't stand him and his shite vocals! Even his band GEORGIE SUCKS ASS!

This guy ruined the band.

AC/DC should have retired when they found Bon's body thanks to that bitch he liked so much.

The whole world loved the lp "Back In Black!"

Well I think it's a corporate boring piece of shite!

AC/DC is NOTHING without Bon Scott! R.I.P.

Signed,

"THUNDERFUCKED!"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 11 2012, 01:24 AM)

AC/DC should have retired when they found Bon's body thanks to that bitch he liked so much.

Signed,

"THUNDERFUCKED!"

Thunderfucked- I'm always amused by your Brian Johnson hatred! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 11 2012, 06:24 PM)

I can't stand him and his shite vocals!  Even his band GEORGIE SUCKS ASS!

AC/DC is NOTHING without Bon Scott!  R.I.P.

Signed,

"THUNDERFUCKED!"

ohmy.gif So that must mean you don't like BJ then? WOW!! ohmy.gif FTATR is still a great album though, I don't care what anyone says trink38.gif

Signed,

"THUNDERFUCKED!"

I can't say he's a fraud.

yes.gif , his voice is shot...but he made some great records with the band, particularly Back in Black, FTATR, FOTS, Razor's Edge and Ballbreaker. The other ones have great tunes but a lot of filler as well.

Signed,

"THUNDERFUCKED!"

I sort of agree. The only song from the BJ that I love is Shot To Thrill. Other than that, everything from the BJ era pales by comparison.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 14 2012, 05:29 PM)
I used to really like AC/DC, can't really stand them anymore for some reason. Important to my musical development though

They were one of my first favorite bands. I still like them but I can't remember the last time I listened to one of their albums.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 14 2012, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 14 2012, 05:29 PM)
I used to really like AC/DC, can't really stand them anymore for some reason. Important to my musical development though

They were one of my first favorite bands. I still like them but I can't remember the last time I listened to one of their albums.

dazed025.gif