Is Clockwork Angels going to be better than S&A

treeduck

Is Clockwork Angels going to better than Snakes & Arrows?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clockwork Angels going to better than Snakes & Arrows?

• 1 Yes
    • 2 No
    • 3 Maybe
    • 4 I think they'll end up even stevens
    • 5 I can't speculate based on just 3 songs, but a wild guess would be yes
    • 6 It's too difficult to tell, we need to hear it all, but if pushed I'd say no
    • 7 I don't care
    • 8 I don't like cricket, I love it, Oh yeah!

QUOTE (N.O.RUSH @ Apr 30 2012, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Apr 22 2012, 08:24 PM)
I sure hope so, I didn't like Snakes & Arrows.

I already think HF is better than anything off S&A. But not sure how I feel about Caravan and BU2B.

So far, yes. When BU2B and Caravan were first released, i didn't care for them too much. But i've began listening to them again and I finally "get it". Caravan is a really strong song now to my ears with BU2B a close second, then HF. It's really weird how you can dislike a song on the first few listens, not listen to it for a long time, then hear it again and it hits you. Has this happened to anyone else??

As I have said many times this happened to me with both Presto and Counterparts.

Not a fan originally of those albums but now love them both.

Between the Wheels was like that for me as well. Song did nothing for me till I saw them do it live. Then it clicked and I really like it a lot now.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not to say I dislike snakes and arrows but I think the next album will be better. The main problem with s and a was the fact that it went on too long with verse chorus verse chorus structure. If the next album has a song as good as or better than armor and sword I will be content smile.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Apr 22 2012, 05:48 PM)
There's already twice as many minutes of great music on CA than there was on the entirety of S&A.

Each of the three songs released so far is better than any song on S&A.

Except for "We Hold On."

Hope they play this song on the upcoming tour.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 6 2012, 01:37 PM)
They could release an album of recorded farting and belching noises, and it would still be better than S&A

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

Come over and vote in the VT vs. S&A poll! wink.gif

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 6 2012, 05:28 AM)
It's not to say I dislike snakes and arrows but I think the next album will be better.

This. I went with number 5.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 6 2012, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 6 2012, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 6 2012, 01:37 PM)
They could release an album of recorded farting and belching noises, and it would still be better than S&A

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

Come over and vote in the VT vs. S&A poll! wink.gif

done!

VT yes.gif 1022.gif

S&A 062802puke_prv.gif dazed025.gif

VT= 1022.gif

S/A= 1022.gif

Its impossible to tell based on only three songs, but so far, I've only really liked Headlong Flight. Since I think S&A was their best album since Counterparts, I'll say no, but I hope I'm proven wrong. Sadly, what I can say with some confidence, based on the released single, is that CA will be the same compressed brickwalled mess that both VT and S&A were. Very sad, but it seems like Geddy, Alex and Neil like their albums to be loud without any dynamic range. A real bummer IMO.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 6 2012, 12:37 PM)

Be careful what you wish for...

tongue.gif

The first three songs released from CA are better then SnA as a whole . SnA is a heaping pile of stink . There isn't a good moment on that album . When it first came out I thought 2.gif was trying to sabatage their career . I thought maybe they wanted to retire but didn't have the stomach to tell us .