Opening song ideas!

RUSHandOSU

QUOTE (RockWizard @ Jun 19 2012, 10:57 PM)
Here's one from left field - Where 's My Thing! Nice litte jam to get the juices flowing biggrin.gif

I agree that I want to hear "Where's my thing? "again but not as the opener.

no.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 19 2012, 07:27 AM)
I can see them doing the entire Clockwork Angels suite as set one and opening with Caravan, and then doing set two with classics like Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, and maybe a few other numbers with the orchestra, then excusing them and finishing with classics.

This seems to make more sense to me than doing older numbers first then bringing out the orchestra mid set, and leading into the newer material in the second set.

The only problem with that idea is that it sucks. To open with material from an album that the vast majority of concert goers haven't even heard is a fairly idiotic thing to do. Their opening songs have always been guaranteed crowd favorites.

Remeber, the concert is not for you and I, but for the audience as a whole.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 20 2012, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 19 2012, 07:27 AM)
I can see them doing the entire Clockwork Angels suite as set one and opening with Caravan, and then doing set two with classics like Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, and maybe a few other numbers with the orchestra, then excusing them and finishing with classics.

This seems to make more sense to me than doing older numbers first then bringing out the orchestra mid set, and leading into the newer material in the second set.

The only problem with that idea is that it sucks.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 20 2012, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 24 2012, 07:47 PM)
Hemispheres Intro (instrumental), leading into Far Cry.

There.  Discussion is OVAH..... 1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

I kinda like that idea. Never happen but it would be cool.

Far Cry will head the encore

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 20 2012, 07:42 PM)
The opening song will be Subdivisions. It's become a staple song just like Tom Sawyer and Spirit....

Well this is the 30's anniversary. This could happem very easily!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (RUSHandOSU @ Apr 20 2012, 09:58 PM)
I think if the whole signals thing is gonna happen i could see analog kid as the opening song what about you? limelight again..tom sawyer again.. spirit of radio??

Based on the Signals approach, it would be Subdivisions. Analog Kid is not a good opener.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 21 2012, 08:44 PM)
Finding My Way!

I'd pay money to hear Geddy try to sing those "YEAHHH!! oohhhh YEEAAHH!"s and "ooooooooo yyeaah, ooooooooo yyeah"s.

That's what came to mind for me, and I love it as an opener.

I'd like them to open with Clockwork Angels, personally. Those opening chants, the hihta..and Alex's effects wuld be awesome!

Edited by goose

I still say its going to be "Far Cry"! They've place this songs just about everywhere and it works just about everywhere. So I think it will work really well right from the top followed by Clockwork Angels in its entirety.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jun 20 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (RockWizard @ Jun 19 2012, 10:57 PM)
Here's one from left field - Where 's My Thing!  Nice litte jam to get the juices flowing biggrin.gif

or put me to sleep. schla03.gif

Boo!

I love Where's My Thing? It's my favorite instrumental of theirs! However, I agree it would make a terrible opener. But I'd kill to see it lead into Neil's solo!