CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 11 2012, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 11 2012, 07:31 PM)
Oh, and a Rush song called "Carnies"...awesome.

...yknow, small hands, smell like cabbage...

We beat you to it like 10 pages back laugh.gif

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 11 2012, 06:35 PM)
Not bad, but honestly I hate the bass tone. It would've sounded briliant with the Rickenbacker.

Wow, coming from you, this is quite a shock!!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 11 2012, 07:38 PM)

Figured so.. didnt read them all smile.gif I am very heartened to see that wasnt missed.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 11 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 11 2012, 06:35 PM)
Not bad, but honestly I hate the bass tone. It would've sounded briliant with the Rickenbacker.

Wow, coming from you, this is quite a shock!!

laugh.gif

Listened with headphones. I want a bit that is not 128kps. I am pretty sure that will happen very soon.

cool.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 11 2012, 06:43 PM)

Figured so.. didnt read them all smile.gif I am very heartened to see that wasnt missed.

I was too busy rocking the f**k out to read the whole thread.

Look up "kick ass" in the dictionary and this 30 sec clip is there.

I'm sure it'll be brought up numerous times more smile.gif

Let's see how much a sense of humor Neil has... I'm hoping the word cabbage appears in the lyrics somewhere. It could also be a creepy instrumental too

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 11 2012, 06:48 PM)

I'm sure it'll be brought up numerous times more smile.gif

Let's see how much a sense of humor Neil has... I'm hoping the word cabbage appears in the lyrics somewhere. It could also be a creepy instrumental too

Carnies sounds like more of a Tom Waits song.

Maybe Waits penned the song for Rush and he's doing the singing...a Waits/Rush collaboration.

Got home from work and started posting as always. The saw this thread and the album cover and heard the clip. My initial reaction is:

biggrin.gif + tongue.gif + yes.gif + cheer.gif + common001.gif + new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif + applaudit.gif

Great artwork!! Super music!! The drum work sounds tremendous!! Geddy's bass work is awesome!! Alex is just ripping it up!! Wow oh wow! It does make me think of an updated 2112 / By-Tor / Bastille Day. The song titles sound great!! Makes me think that the entire thing is 1 giant concept and that perhaps they will play the entire album live.

The I noticed the release date has been pushed back. My reaction to that is:

no.gif + angry.gif + wtf.gif + b_sigh.gif

Still, for $19 it makes me also think their is more to come. Won't complain about that!!

Overall I am not about to complain!! This is great!!!

Got to go listen to it again!!

common001.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 11 2012, 04:29 PM)
I love the red cloud cover but does anybody think the blue ocean would have made a great cover?

An astronomical theme with ancient planetary symbols would have been sublime, but it does have a semi-cosmological scientific feeling to it, which works for the group..

Edited by GeminiRising79

all it says on the trailer is clockwork angels, leading one to maybe speculate that the track could be of the same name, but riab sayin its headlong flight and people who heard HF describing a similar bastille day kinda sound so who knows

if anyone can provide conclusive evidence for one or the other id like to hear it, so far havent heard any, even from riab.

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Apr 11 2012, 07:36 PM)
all it says on the trailer is clockwork angels, leading one to maybe speculate that the track could be of the same name, but riab sayin its headlong flight and people who heard HF describing a similar bastille day kinda sound so who knows

if anyone can provide conclusive evidence for one or the other id like to hear it, so far havent heard any, even from riab.

maybe that bastille day-like riff IS headlong flight...i just think there are bits of other songs in there..."album trailer"...no language in any of the press or in the title of the video explicitly indicating that the clip is headlong flight...if it was, why wouldn't there be?

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 11 2012, 07:37 PM)
Big one in case someone wants it.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Big.jpg

I know, right? I dig that cover, and that band shot.. presumably by the late great Andrew M is a masterpiece. Pratt looks like Father Knows Best laugh.gif Lovely band shot. Fabulous couch. Thanks for posting that dr. It's been hard finding this band shot in a larger size. trink39.gif

edited to say, oops- i meant to quote lerxt

Edited by Lerxster

QUOTE (gedfan @ Apr 11 2012, 07:41 PM)

maybe that bastille day-like riff IS headlong flight...i just think there are bits of other songs in there..."album trailer"...no language in any of the press or in the title of the video explicitly indicating that the clip is headlong flight...if it was, why wouldn't there be?

Maybe someone who's heard Headlong Flight can comment. Ahem smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 11 2012, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (gedfan @ Apr 11 2012, 07:41 PM)

Maybe someone who's heard Headlong Flight can comment. Ahem smile.gif

maybe so popcorn.gif

http://archives.rickresource.com/oldattachments/68915.jpg

Regarding Richard Chycki's tweet about Geddy using a Precision Bass instead of his usual Jazz Bass....I think he might be referring to the one in the middle of the picture and not the teardrop bass.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 11 2012, 07:37 PM)
Big one in case someone wants it.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Big.jpg

Hmm... I think that cover is growing on me. smile.gif I like it a lot more in the large version.

BTW, CA could be Rush's "Runes" album, a la Led Zeppelin IV/Runes/Zoso. They should have used those twelve runes as the album title. tongue.gif