Possible Album artwork leaked along with tour info

USB Connector

From RIAB:

UPDATE - 4/3@3:58PM: I was politely asked by Rush's management to remove these images from my site, and I have complied. I thought it a silly move since that essentially confirms that they were official in some capacity, and the images are already out there on the 'net anyways. Oh well.

UPDATE - 4/3@1:21PM: Several of you have pointed out that the clock is reading 9:12 - or 21:12 in military time (9/12 is also Neil Peart's birthday). Also, I believe this is just the cover artwork - not the final cover itself. The actual cover will likely have Rush and Clockwork Angels written on it in some shape or form.

This morning I was sent the possible cover artwork for Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels album and tourbook. They come from a very trusted source which is why I decided to post them, and why I think they are legitimate. The album cover itself depicts the now familiar Clockwork Angels clock of runes over a swirling red cloud. The tourbook cover is what's really interesting though. It depicts a cracked exterior wall along a sidewalk, with the crack revealing some steampunk gears beneath. On the wall written in a graffiti-style are rush, CLOCKWORK ANGELS, a CA logo of sorts and a red fire hydrant. Now here's the real intriguing part; sitting in front of the fire hydrant on the sidewalk is a Dalmation. This is unmistakably a reference to Rush's 1982 Signals album, which celebrates the 30th anniversary since its release this year. Knowing that Rush played Moving Pictures in its entirety on the last tour to celebrate that album's 30th anniversary, this tourbook cover image seems to indirectly reveal that Rush will be doing the same thing with their Signals album on the upcoming Clockwork Angels album. Pure speculation of course, but I wouldn't see any other reason to include the reference on the tourbook cover. We should know soon enough whether these are the official covers, since album artwork typically reveals itself online about 2 months or so before release - which is still scheduled for Tuesday, May 29th.

Source

(MOD EDIT: Removed the images that USB found elsewhere. If RIAB was asked to take them down, then we shouldn't be showing them either.)

To be honest, I think this is bad news. I find the cover is uninspired, as it combines a lot of the art used from the last tour and from the singles and oddly adds in the Signals dog. I know a lot of people will be happy to hear Signals in full, so that's good. However I can't say I'm looking forward to it. The only songs I really like from the album are Subdivisions and Analog Kid. Ah well, what matters is that the album is coming, and that the music will probably kick ass (if the singles are to be any indication).

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 3 2012, 09:04 PM)
From RIAB:

UPDATE - 4/3@3:58PM: I was politely asked by Rush's management to remove these images from my site, and I have complied. I thought it a silly move since that essentially confirms that they were official in some capacity, and the images are already out there on the 'net anyways. Oh well.

UPDATE - 4/3@1:21PM: Several of you have pointed out that the clock is reading 9:12 - or 21:12 in military time (9/12 is also Neil Peart's birthday). Also, I believe this is just the cover artwork - not the final cover itself. The actual cover will likely have Rush and Clockwork Angels written on it in some shape or form.

This morning I was sent the possible cover artwork for Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels album and tourbook. They come from a very trusted source which is why I decided to post them, and why I think they are legitimate. The album cover itself depicts the now familiar Clockwork Angels clock of runes over a swirling red cloud. The tourbook cover is what's really interesting though. It depicts a cracked exterior wall along a sidewalk, with the crack revealing some steampunk gears beneath. On the wall written in a graffiti-style are rush, CLOCKWORK ANGELS, a CA logo of sorts and a red fire hydrant. Now here's the real intriguing part; sitting in front of the fire hydrant on the sidewalk is a Dalmation. This is unmistakably a reference to Rush's 1982 Signals album, which celebrates the 30th anniversary since its release this year. Knowing that Rush played Moving Pictures in its entirety on the last tour to celebrate that album's 30th anniversary, this tourbook cover image seems to indirectly reveal that Rush will be doing the same thing with their Signals album on the upcoming Clockwork Angels album. Pure speculation of course, but I wouldn't see any other reason to include the reference on the tourbook cover. We should know soon enough whether these are the official covers, since album artwork typically reveals itself online about 2 months or so before release - which is still scheduled for Tuesday, May 29th.

Source

(MOD EDIT: Removed the images that USB found elsewhere. If RIAB was asked to take them down, then we shouldn't be showing them either.)

To be honest, I think this is bad news. I find the cover is uninspired, as it combines a lot of the art used from the last tour and from the singles and oddly adds in the Signals dog. I know a lot of people will be happy to hear Signals in full, so that's good. However I can't say I'm looking forward to it. The only songs I really like from the album are Subdivisions and Analog Kid. Ah well, what matters is that the album is coming, and that the music will probably kick ass (if the singles are to be any indication).

Who really cares what a tourbook cover looks like.(signals dog) I think it's cool for the tourbook. I wouldn't even be disappointed if the album cover is that clock with the red clouds in the background. I think that is pretty cool. Any of the clock images I've seen would make a good cover IMO.

I like just about every song on Signals but ESPECIALLY want to see Chemistry live. The Weapon kicks arse as well and Analog Kid goes without saying. Heck...even Countdown could be a spectacle with NASA images and blastoff on the back screens.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 3 2012, 09:12 PM)
From RIAB:

Source

Who really cares what a tourbook cover looks like.(signals dog) I think it's cool for the tourbook. I wouldn't even be disappointed if the album cover is that clock with the red clouds in the background. I think that is pretty cool. Any of the clock images I've seen would make a good cover IMO.

I like just about every song on Signals but ESPECIALLY want to see Chemistry live. The Weapon kicks arse as well and Analog Kid goes without saying. Heck...even Countdown could be a spectacle with NASA images and blastoff on the back screens.

Why wait watch the real thing now:

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

The Signals tour was the best Rush tour,it's the one that should have been videoed. I came away just blown away,the set list just rocked from start to finish.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Apr 4 2012, 10:34 AM)
The Signals tour was the best Rush tour,it's the one that should have been videoed. I came away just blown away,the set list just rocked from start to finish.

+1 (the best I have seen)

I find the prospect of them playeing all of Signals very exciting. It's my "go to" studio album without question, also the album that cementedme as a 2.gif fan. MP and E...SL were great, but it was Signals that did it for me.

Signals was also the first tour I saw them on and as Tas7 stated the setlist was great.

I can't wait.

From RIAB:

Source

This is why it's ultimately bad news for the band when this happens. A couple images, with no context, and the interpretations run wild. A lot of thought goes into the art and presentation, and I'm sure Rush doesn't appreciate the leaked album/tour art. Although, as a fan who actually liked what he saw, I did enjoy the sneek peeks biggrin.gif

And I'll add, I kinda like that there haven't been any album track leaks. RR is keeping a super tight lid on this, and is maybe shooting for a new gold standard- no leaks before an official release. I can imagine they have a special new release safe in their offices tongue.gif Hey, it's only 2 weeks (or less) to go.. almost (and I stress almost) no need to hear a bad sounding leak at this point trink38.gif

QUOTE (tas7 @ Apr 4 2012, 04:34 AM)

The first Rush tour I ever saw and still the very best !

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Apr 4 2012, 05:06 AM)
I find the prospect of them playeing all of Signals very exciting. It's my "go to" studio album without question, also the album that cementedme as a 2.gif fan. MP and E...SL were great, but it was Signals that did it for me.

Signals was also the first tour I saw them on and as Tas7 stated the setlist was great.

I can't wait.

Has the same experience and feel the exact same way! This tour is going to be truly epic. goodpost.gif

Although I would love to hear 2112 in it's entirety, I wonder if it could be done vocally at the same key as the album. We know from previous tours, they now tune down for side 1. Have they done anything else from 2112 since?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 4 2012, 05:53 AM)
Although I would love to hear 2112 in it's entirety, I wonder if it could be done vocally at the same key as the album. We know from previous tours, they now tune down for side 1. Have they done anything else from 2112 since?

They played A Passage to Bangkok on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

If they play Signals entirely then they'll finish off with Countdown! Could you imagine if they followed countdown with Cygnus X-1 and then Hemispheres. If the tour was just Signals, Cygnus X-1, and Hemispheres holy crap that would be freakin awesome.

1022.gif

There's no way in hell they will do all of Signals live.

For starters, Chemistry and Countdown have never been discussed by the band after that era. They're forgotten songs from a distant time. Plus they have such an 80's sound that I cannot imagine them being played today (can you imagine the Geddy of 2012 doing the synth solo in Countdown night after night? No way.) Moving Pictures was a landmark album so it was probably a lot easier to get away with doing the more dated-sounding bits.

Also, Losing It relies way too much on the electric violin to be done properly live without bringing out a 4th member. The whole solo part would be the band playing along to an extensive backing track. It would just feel and look lame.

I love Signals so I'd love to be proved wrong.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 4 2012, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 4 2012, 05:53 AM)

They played A Passage to Bangkok on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

That's right. Thanks!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 4 2012, 09:29 AM)
There's no way in hell they will do all of Signals live.

For starters, Chemistry and Countdown have never been discussed by the band after that era. They're forgotten songs from a distant time. Plus they have such an 80's sound that I cannot imagine them being played today (can you imagine the Geddy of 2012 doing the synth solo in Countdown night after night? No way.)

I don't really buy that argument.

I would say that up until 2004, 'Between The Wheels' was simply a "forgotten song from a distant time", which BTW...contains HEAVY keyboard use.

So much of their catelog can be considered "forgotten" or not discussed by the band...but some songs eventually make their way back (Circumstances, Entre Nous, Presto, etc).

I totally believe that virtually all songs are playable in concert in 2012. It's really all a matter of how much the band wants to play them (Camera Eye anyone?!). Plus, three of the eight songs from Signals (Subdivisions, New World Man, and Digital Man) have already been played since their return in 2002.

Outside of possibly the violin section in Losing It (which I honestly think they can improvise), there isn't one second of Signals that would be considered not-playable in 2012 IMO.

From RIAB:

Source

I don't think it's going to be a Signals anniversary tour at all. This makes no sense from a marketing standpoint. They used the dalmation on the 2003's Spirit Of Radio too. It's more of a metaphor, in my opinion. Remember the RCA logo? The hydrant is also a Rush thing too, and the dog/hydrant is likely their dry humor.

Clockwork might be their swan song, so we should rock out and enjoy every minute.

If anything, 2112 (the title track, not the album) is much more likely to be played all the way through.

Can't wait for the tour!

I still just can't see them playing all of Signals. I could see them featuring a lot of it (like playing 3 or 4 tunes from it in a row) and then also playing all of 2112 (the song). That could kill two birds with one stone and avoid playing certain songs that they would otherwise never play live (for good reason).

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 4 2012, 07:20 AM)
If they play Signals entirely then they'll finish off with Countdown! Could you imagine if they followed countdown with Cygnus X-1 and then Hemispheres. If the tour was just Signals, Cygnus X-1, and Hemispheres holy crap that would be freakin awesome.

1022.gif

Yeah, and nobody would go. Attendance would be a fifth the size of normal if they tried that.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Apr 4 2012, 10:39 AM)
I still just can't see them playing all of Signals. I could see them featuring a lot of it (like playing 3 or 4 tunes from it in a row) and then also playing all of 2112 (the song). That could kill two birds with one stone and avoid playing certain songs that they would otherwise never play live (for good reason).

As someone mentioned earlier, I can't see them playing "Losing it" (you can't replace Ben Mink's violin) and "Countdown" (the boys have been quoted as not liking that song this many years later). I also can't see them playing all of "2112," as IMO, even tuned down it would kill Geddy's voice.