HEADLONG FLIGHT New RUSH Tune

jmdyyz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 1 2012, 12:46 AM)
Don't get your hopes up. Be prepared to wait until the 19th. That way you won't be disapointed when it doesn't happen earlier. If it does, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Yeah! What he said!

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 30 2012, 08:49 PM)
The recent info on RIAB answers alot of the questions on the secrecy as well as maybe a hint this could be the last from RUSH. I say the last because it says on RIAB they are going to do a major promo campaign to the likes of which RUSH fans have never seen. With possible late night TV appearances coming...Colbert and Stewart maybe? Letterman? And even though I am not a huge Saturday Night Live fan anymore, it would be so cool to hear them play 2 songs on live TV! They could play Headlong Flight AND a classic!!! And sometimes, SNL will allow legendary bands 3 songs! THREE songs on live TV!!!! That would be amazing! (BTW, all those talk shows are just me hoping)

Since they are doing all this promo for CA maybe it's just them trying to maximize profit (obviously), maybe they think this album is absolutely amazing (probably). Or maybe this is the last album and they want to go out with a bang (maybe, but I hope not!). Or most likely a little of all three. Hopefully not their last, though. I bet they honestly don't know. Since VT, they put out an album then tour, then take a long break and reassess to see if they feel like doing it again. I read the following little blurb regarding Rush winning the Governor General's Award from Neil on RIAB:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/07...firms-Fall-tour

"We are especially appreciative for the presentation of this lifetime achievement award now - while we are still active (Too active, our families might say!)" said Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart in an emailed statement, noting that the band was putting the finishing touches on its 20th studio album, "Clockwork Angels," with a fall tour planned."

Then here is the part that talks about the huge PR campaign from RIAB:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/30...ndom-Rush-stuff

"The other information to come out of Tuesday's Lunch and Listen was that Roadrunner would be launching a huge PR campaign for the album over the coming weeks/months, unlike anything Rush fans have seen before. Along those lines, I'm already aware of at least 3 major rock magazines (Classic Rock, MOJO, etc.) that will be running cover features on the band/album over the next few months, and there's also talk of some late-night TV appearances. Also, reader jupeguyowensound let me know that The Fan 590 in Toronto had Humble (from the Humble and Fred podcast) on this morning and he mentioned that he had just interviewed Alex Lifeson a couple of days ago. This probably means that the guys have started hitting the interview circuit, so be on the lookout."

Regardless if this is the last or just another, I am so excited to get some new RUSH. I agree with the comments that it's too hard to judge what the song or album will sound like from little blurbs. Because one thing we are all aware of, one person can think Caress of Steel is a masterpiece while another thinks it's garbage. So the same is true with Headlong Flight.

I think the best thing is all the responses so far are positive and DIFFERENT. So each person is hearing something they like but the explanations come out from "80 to 91 in a blender " to "It ROCKS 74-77 era!" To me, that is exciting because people are hearing different things and having different takes on the same song.

So maybe, just maybe, we may all, fans of old material, fans of mid material and fans of newer material (or fans like me who like it all!) might be happy with it!

Regardless, I just can't wait and I take back everything I said about waiting to hear the album when it's released. I will take it one song at a time if I get the chance!

Oh and on the 5.5 min edit for radio. At first I was like, come on...it's RUSH, just play the whole damn thing! Don't cut out the part we all really want to hear! But know I'm kinda looking at it like some have said, once we hear the edited version, we will have the album version to look forward to!

Did I mention I can't wait!!!!

2.gif

PARF reading your post just got me too excited for the single and release! Thanks for getting all the good info in your post there and I too am excited from reading those tweets. I told myself I wouldnt read too into reviews of the single but them all being positive was awesome! Its going to be a great summer! trink39.gif th1245.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Apr 1 2012, 11:49 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 30 2012, 08:49 PM)
The recent info on RIAB answers alot of the questions on the secrecy as well as maybe a hint this could be the last from RUSH.  I say the last because it says on RIAB they are going to do a major promo campaign to the likes of which RUSH fans have never seen.  With possible late night TV appearances coming...Colbert and Stewart maybe?  Letterman?  And even though I am not a huge Saturday Night Live fan anymore, it would be so cool to hear them play 2 songs on live TV!  They could play Headlong Flight AND a classic!!!  And sometimes, SNL will allow legendary bands 3 songs!  THREE songs on live TV!!!!  That would be amazing!  (BTW, all those talk shows are just me hoping)

Since they are doing all this promo for CA maybe it's just them trying to maximize profit (obviously), maybe they think this album is absolutely amazing (probably).  Or maybe this is the last album and they want to go out with a bang (maybe, but I hope not!).  Or most likely a little of all three.  Hopefully not their last, though.  I bet they honestly don't know.  Since VT, they put out an album then tour, then take a long break and reassess to see if they feel like doing it again.  I read the following little blurb regarding Rush winning the Governor General's Award from Neil on RIAB:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/07...firms-Fall-tour

"We are especially appreciative for the presentation of this lifetime achievement award now - while we are still active (Too active, our families might say!)" said Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart in an emailed statement, noting that the band was putting the finishing touches on its 20th studio album, "Clockwork Angels," with a fall tour planned."

Then here is the part that talks about the huge PR campaign from RIAB:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/30...ndom-Rush-stuff

"The other information to come out of Tuesday's Lunch and Listen was that Roadrunner would be launching a huge PR campaign for the album over the coming weeks/months, unlike anything Rush fans have seen before. Along those lines, I'm already aware of at least 3 major rock magazines (Classic Rock, MOJO, etc.) that will be running cover features on the band/album over the next few months, and there's also talk of some late-night TV appearances. Also, reader jupeguyowensound let me know that The Fan 590 in Toronto had Humble (from the Humble and Fred podcast) on this morning and he mentioned that he had just interviewed Alex Lifeson a couple of days ago. This probably means that the guys have started hitting the interview circuit, so be on the lookout."

Regardless if this is the last or just another, I am so excited to get some new RUSH.  I agree with the comments that it's too hard to judge what the song or album will sound like from little blurbs.  Because one thing we are all aware of, one person can think Caress of Steel is a masterpiece while another thinks it's garbage.  So the same is true with Headlong Flight.

I think the best thing is all the responses so far are positive and DIFFERENT.  So each person is hearing something they like but the explanations come out from "80 to 91 in a blender " to "It ROCKS 74-77 era!"  To me, that is exciting because people are hearing different things and having different takes on the same song. 

So maybe, just maybe, we may all, fans of old material, fans of mid material and fans of newer material (or fans like me who like it all!) might be happy with it!

Regardless, I just can't wait and I take back everything I said about waiting to hear the album when it's released.  I will take it one song at a time if I get the chance! 

Oh and on the 5.5 min edit for radio.  At first I was like, come on...it's RUSH, just play the whole damn thing!  Don't cut out the part we all really want to hear!  But know I'm kinda looking at it like some have said, once we hear the edited version, we will have the album version to look forward to!

Did I mention I can't wait!!!!

2.gif

PARF reading your post just got me too excited for the single and release! Thanks for getting all the good info in your post there and I too am excited from reading those tweets. I told myself I wouldnt read too into reviews of the single but them all being positive was awesome! Its going to be a great summer! trink39.gif th1245.gif cool10.gif

Yeah the great things is no-one has tweeted or said ...It Sucks!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Not really news but a Roadrunner guy (his Twitter is linked to from the Roadrunner homepage) just posted:

"About to hear a brand new Rush song..."

Followed by:

"Oh boy, I get to hear a second new Rush track!"

Then:

"Make that three new Rush tracks I get to hear. What a bonanza."

After the first tweet, someone tweeted him "sure is long" as he hadn't given his view on the song, over 10 minutes after the initial tweet. He replied "7:25!", so we have one song length, probably Headlong Flight!

2.gif

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 3 2012, 03:42 PM)
Not really news but a Roadrunner guy (his Twitter is linked to from the Roadrunner homepage) just posted:

Followed by:

Then:

After the first tweet, someone tweeted him "sure is long" as he hadn't given his view on the song, over 10 minutes after the initial tweet. He replied "7:25!", so we have one song length, probably Headlong Flight!

2.gif

Yeah, just saw that on my Twitter...

Here's his title...

Jeremy Rosen

@rrusa

"I'm the Director Digital Platforms & Emerging Tech for Roadrunner Records."

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 3 2012, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 3 2012, 03:42 PM)

Followed by:

Then:

2.gif

Yeah, just saw that on my Twitter...

Here's his title...

Jeremy Rosen

@rrusa

"I'm the Director Digital Platforms & Emerging Tech for Roadrunner Records."

What do the other's Sound like? WHAT??????

confused13.gif