UFO: THE CHRYSALIS YEARS BOX SET VOLUME I AND II!

RUSHHEAD666

Out Of The Five Chrysalis UFO Albums With Michael On Guitar, Which LP Is Your Favorite?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Out Of The Five Chrysalis UFO Albums With Michael On Guitar, Which LP Is Your Favorite?

• "Phenomenon" 1974
    • "Force It" 1975
    • "No Heavy Petting" 1976
    • "Lights Out" 1977
    • "Obsession" 1978

There is a new Chrysalis UFO Box Set out which has the first five studio albums in it. There are also a bunch of unreleased singles and stuff. "Strangers In The Night" is also in this box set but the 1979 live masterpiece does NOT count in this poll.

This poll is simply based on five of the greatest albums ever released by a band!

It's amazing how there isn't one bad song on these five albums. To think that they released one of these every year.

Bands these days can't do that.

Damn we are blessed.

At this moment in my life I honestly can't choose which one of these albums I love the most.

I love all five.

I'm thinking "Force It" or perhaps "Lights Out" but I can't decide tonight.

I'm "Too Hot To Handle!"

I need to cool down man.

Adios.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Love all of these albums so it's very difficult to vote. I'll go with 'Obsession' just because of 'Born To Lose' and 'Cherry'.

Lights Out

The Schenker era of UFO is some of the most incredible stuff out there. You can't go wrong with any of it. I saw them opening for Ozzy on the Speak of the Devil tour and went nuts buying up their catalog. When I bought Lights Out I think I played the LP non stop for about 1 month. Love to Love is one of my all time favorite songs by anyone. Such a heavy beginning to a ballad.

Dude this thread is so made for me!! These are all among my favorite albums of all time! I'm sure I play at least something off of each of these every day!!

I went with 'Force it' because my favorite song right now is 'out in the street', but really I have just as much love for the other albums!

Schenker is the man of course, but Pete Way doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Same goes for mogg!

1022.gif UFO 1022.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 28 2012, 11:49 AM)
Pete Way doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves.

goodpost.gif It's a shame what he has become

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 28 2012, 09:49 AM)
Dude this thread is so made for me!! These are all among my favorite albums of all time! I'm sure I play at least something off of each of these every day!!

I went with 'Force it' because my favorite song right now is 'out in the street', but really I have just as much love for the other albums!

Schenker is the man of course, but Pete Way doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Same goes for mogg!

1022.gif UFO 1022.gif

Cheers! trink39.gif

Pete Way is underrated.

I've always loved the Waysted record called "VICES."

Good stuff!

UFO RULES!!!

I saw UFO with Vinnie Moore on The Visitor Tour and I thought they kicked fukking ass!!!!

Nothing touches the Michael catalog. I like Paul Chapman though. Atomic Tommy not so much.

We could probably type about UFO forever!!!

1022.gif

Wow, nice timing.

Actually, I've only just started listening to UFO.

I got Force It last week, and Phenomenon and No Heavy Petting came yesterday.

Too early to tell yet which my favourite is, but I'm loving them and it shouldn't be too long before I get the other two and the live one.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Mar 28 2012, 09:49 AM)

1022.gif UFO 1022.gif

Cheers! trink39.gif

Pete Way is underrated.

I've always loved the Waysted record called "VICES."

Good stuff!

UFO RULES!!!

I saw UFO with Vinnie Moore on The Visitor Tour and I thought they kicked fukking ass!!!!

Nothing touches the Michael catalog. I like Paul Chapman though. Atomic Tommy not so much.

We could probably type about UFO forever!!!

1022.gif

I've tried to get into waysted in the past but they didn't do too much for me. Maybe I was too busy following Schenker and didn't give them a chance!

I'll have to check out 'vices' maybe

Thanks for the thread man! 1022.gif

Wow! I'm blasting "Phenomenon" tonight! It made me search for this thread.

It's interesting to note that I forgot to vote in my very own poll.

After hearing "Rock Bottom" I might just have to pick the "Phenomenon" album.

There are no bad UFO songs with Michael Schenker.

Even the "Walk On Water" reunion album is EPIC!

UFO RULES!