looks like it didn't happen

quantex

who was the source of this rumor to begin with??? And oh yeah...didn't someone on here claim to KNOW someone who was going to this...ahem "listening party"...?

Right

http://hotdamncharlotteann.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/no-farting-kenny-jones-radio.jpg

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 27 2012, 08:30 PM)
who was the source of this rumor to begin with??? And oh yeah...didn't someone on here claim to KNOW someone who was going to this...ahem "listening party"...?

Right
http://hotdamncharlotteann.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/no-farting-kenny-jones-radio.jpg

Ed from RIAB was the source of the rumor. Somebody at Counterparts posted one of their friends from NY POst was invited. I read it wrong at first and thought it was one of Ed's friends.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 27 2012, 08:44 PM)
Was it confirmed somewhere that it didn't actually happen, or are you just guessing/assuming it didn't because you haven't heard any official word yet that it DID happen? confused13.gif

That's what I was just going to post goober. Is there a source that said it didn't happen? I just went to RIAB because I thought maybe they posted something.

Edited by presto123

Was it confirmed somewhere that it didn't actually happen, or are you just guessing/assuming it didn't because you haven't heard any official word yet that it DID happen? confused13.gif

goodpost.gif

I'm not sure what kind of official word people were expecting to hear about this. The alleged event wasn't open to the public, so it's not like there was any real reason to have news coverage/official announcements surrounding it. It seems likely that one of the journalists in attendance would have posted something online, but just because that hasn't happened doesn't give me reason to think the event was cancelled/fictional.

If we don't get an announcement or song sample by Friday, as it's rumored that we will, then maybe we can start to worry about yet another delay. Maybe.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 27 2012, 06:51 PM)

That's what I was just going to post goober. Is there a source that said it didn't happen? I just went to RIAB because I thought maybe they posted something.

Basically, I think that no one, including RIAB, knows pretty much anything for sure at this point. It's all just rumor and speculation. If the band announces something officially on their site, then maybe that's info we can depend on (maybe because if you listened to the band, the album was supposed to come out a long time ago originally).

The only really dependable info we're going to come across is if suddenly a legitimate review pops up somewhere online from someone who was at this supposed mythical event reviewing the album. That, or the album magically appears.

Honestly, it's kind of getting ridiculous at this point. There's building up hype, and then there's annoying your fan base. Does anyone outside of only hardcore Rush fans even know or care that an album is impending? I doubt it. So far, NOT the best marketing job I've ever seen...

Edited by rushgoober

Another thought:

I know if this thing did happen, it like JUST happened, but you would think there would be at least one tweet or blog or mention somewhere online that someone had actually heard the album and it was great or good or whatever. Unless these people were somehow sworn to secrecy to even mention that the event existed or that they attended, which seems a little silly, maybe it didn't truly happen after all?

I mean, how long does it take for someone to jump online and just say they were there and it was cool? Maybe the OP is correct.

Of course all I can do is the same thing everyone can do, which is to wildly speculate in the face of the stunning lack of official information. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Mar 27 2012, 08:58 PM)

goodpost.gif

I'm not sure what kind of official word people were expecting to hear about this. The alleged event wasn't open to the public, so it's not like there was any real reason to have news coverage/official announcements surrounding it. It seems likely that one of the journalists in attendance would have posted something online, but just because that hasn't happened doesn't give me reason to think the event was cancelled/fictional.

If we don't get an announcement or song sample by Friday, as it's rumored that we will, then maybe we can start to worry about yet another delay. Maybe.

It's interesting that the fact that there was supposed to be a listening party leaked, but there's no leak from the part itself.

Edit: There's news! This was just posted in the comments section at RIAB. Great review!

#17 - Posted 3/27/12 @9:00PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe

I have just returned from the listening party today and it was quite a lovely affair. Mrs. Saddlewaithe played a stunning version of "Moonlight Sonata" while the rest of us sipped some wonderfully fragrant imported tea from Ceylon.

We had so hoped that Mssrs. Lee, Lifeson and Peart would attend the festivities to strum a few lines of their new acetate record on Cousin Ethel's old Grammophone, but alas, 'twas not meant to be.

What a disappointment!

But all was not lost, as late in the day, who should appear but Mr. Gordon Smith, straight off the boat from Persia. He offered a delightful rendering of a traditional "mystical song" (if I recall the title correctly), though it had a wee bit more rhythm than some were prepared for. Perhaps it would have sounded more appropriate on the harpsichord.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Mar 27 2012, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Mar 27 2012, 08:58 PM)

goodpost.gif

It's interesting that the fact that there was supposed to be a listening party leaked, but there's no leak from the part itself.

Edit: There's news! This was just posted in the comments section at RIAB. Great review!

#17 - Posted 3/27/12 @9:00PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe

I have just returned from the listening party today and it was quite a lovely affair. Mrs. Saddlewaithe played a stunning version of "Moonlight Sonata" while the rest of us sipped some wonderfully fragrant imported tea from Ceylon.

We had so hoped that Mssrs. Lee, Lifeson and Peart would attend the festivities to strum a few lines of their new acetate record on Cousin Ethel's old Grammophone, but alas, 'twas not meant to be.

What a disappointment!

But all was not lost, as late in the day, who should appear but Mr. Gordon Smith, straight off the boat from Persia. He offered a delightful rendering of a traditional "mystical song" (if I recall the title correctly), though it had a wee bit more rhythm than some were prepared for. Perhaps it would have sounded more appropriate on the harpsichord.

Well at least that something! Now we just need to track down:

1-2-bucklemyshoe

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think I would be better off to stay off these boards for a couple months. I've been looking forward to reviews and maybe a single every since they announced this. Shame on me I guess. Better not to believe anything until it comes from the band's website. Edited by presto123

facepalm.gif

Seriously? It's been a few friggin' hours so far.

Whether it happened or not, who cares! I'm itching to hear about the album too...big time!

But have we heard that this for sure didn't happen?!

Let's take a deep breath and relax a bit. Patience good people...it's coming...

It's tough to know anything for sure, unless it's officially announced via press release, on Road Runner or Rush's site.

Personally, I can't see a new tune being released this Friday. Typically, rock radio stations would make mention of it... Particularly a station like Q107 in Toronto. They've not made mention of anything ( that I've heard ) so until I see something more concrete, I'll assume no news is just that.... no news.

I had received a voicemail from an insider durig the listening party, but I couldn't hear anything. He also sent this cell phone picture of the listenng party.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/cone_of_silence12.jpg

This very well may explain everything.

I was kind of hopeful that they wouldn't play the Olympics. It just doesn't seem to fit the band... But hey, that's just my opinion.

As for the listening party... Not sure what to make of it other than to say the neither the band, Roadrunner or anyone else had a official announcement or press release that anyone of us has seen, so in hindsight, seems like it may have been a rumor. Part of me is hoping that some sort confirmation, one way or the other, comes out today. I suspect RIAB will provide that.

btw, I'm wondering if simply putting a call into RR records would clarify one way or the other.

Edited by Phantom

QUOTE (druid13 @ Mar 27 2012, 08:26 PM)

Listening party...yeah right.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Mar 28 2012, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Mar 28 2012, 06:33 AM)

btw, I'm wondering if simply putting a call into RR records would clarify one way or the other.

I sent an email smile.gif

Ditto

Unless it comes from Rush I dont even pay attention to this stuff. What anyone says on fan sites like RIAB doesn't mean anything to me. Way too often stuff they say ends up false anyway. Edited by trenken