pre-order on amazon

RUSHFREAK101

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Mar 10 2012, 01:02 PM)
Now the Amazon listing release date is removed, and the Best Buy listing is gone completely. Hopefully an official announcement is imminent.

Here's your announcement

"The new album has been cancelled! Neil had second thoughts and decided it wasn't preachy enough. Geddy also decided he regrets not adding in the "ooooo"s and "ahhhhh"s. Alex wants to remove the autotune from Ged's voice for an overall "elderly" sound."

rofl3.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Revizx @ Mar 11 2012, 06:43 PM)
I hope this gets a vinyl release.

At this rate, i hope it gets Released !

Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 11 2012, 09:06 PM)
This stuff usually gets announced on Mondays when websites have more traffic. So I'd hope tomorrow we get something official.

Your Hope is Lost wink.gif

You gotta love this comment on the Amazon page already!:

"I can't believe Rush is getting another new album. They just got one last year. I cannot wait until the concert. I hope Rush is coming to Cleveland! They probably are because that was the first place they settled in after they moved from Canada. Go Rush! "

They're GETTING a new album? Wow..who's GIVING it to them?

And who GAVE them the one last year? LAST year? WTF?

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 13 2012, 01:14 PM)
Neil "tweeted" this yesterday:

"It is nice to be at the finish line with the album but the mixing process has been maddening"

I don't think the real Neil has a twitter account. That is fake Neil.

The fact that there has been no news on Rush.com since Feb. 7 is very disturbing. I have a feeling that the loss of Andrew McNaughton has affected the band more than we think. It kinda feels like the whole show is shut down right now.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 13 2012, 01:26 PM)
The fact that there has been no news on Rush.com since Feb. 7 is very disturbing. I have a feeling that the loss of Andrew McNaughton has affected the band more than we think. It kinda feels like the whole show is shut down right now.

I disagree. These guys are old school, and aren't from the generation of musicians that feel like they have to post every little detail of production along the way. Where other bands are posting what the singer had for lunch during rehearsals of songs that won't even make the final cut, Rush prefers to make a record, put it out, and tour. That's it. The site gets updated periodically, and going a month without an update is nothing to be concerned about.

And let's not read too much into the passing of a friend... Neil lost his whole family, that's a show-stopper. But these guys are pushing 60 - they've lost many, many friends along the way because by the time you get to that age, it's a fact of life. No doubt they were hit hard by it (as Neil wrote), but to think that it shut down the band is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

[edit]Ludicrous might be too strong a word - I mean no disrespect. I firmly believe that Andrew's passing has not shut down the band in any way.[/edit]

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 02:36 PM)

I disagree. These guys are old school, and aren't from the generation of musicians that feel like they have to post every little detail of production along the way. Where other bands are posting what the singer had for lunch during rehearsals of songs that won't even make the final cut, Rush prefers to make a record, put it out, and tour. That's it. The site gets updated periodically, and going a month without an update is nothing to be concerned about.

And let's not read too much into the passing of a friend... Neil lost his whole family, that's a show-stopper. But these guys are pushing 60 - they've lost many, many friends along the way because by the time you get to that age, it's a fact of life. No doubt they were hit hard by it (as Neil wrote), but to think that it shut down the band is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

[edit]Ludicrous might be too strong a word - I mean no disrespect. I firmly believe that Andrew's passing has not shut down the band in any way.[/edit]

I've said it too many times to count on here Rush is the most secretive band and it can be frustrating for sure. I posted that......Would It Kill Somebody To Throw Us A Bone............thread months ago and I'm still waiting confused13.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 13 2012, 02:47 PM)

I've said it too many times to count on here Rush is the most secretive band and it can be frustrating for sure. I posted that......Would It Kill Somebody To Throw Us A Bone............thread months ago and I'm still waiting confused13.gif

We call them secretive out of one side of our mouths and acknowledge that they are a business out of the other.

Rush are VERY media savvy. Neil is a post-a-holic on his site. Ged and Alex were mugging for every cable interview under the sun three months ago and as I look back, they have been very consistent about web updates.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this at all. We have an album that is WAY overdue, release dates being pulled and a band unwilling to update its fanbase through any media source.

I absolutely think that now is the time to panic.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 13 2012, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 13 2012, 02:47 PM)

We call them secretive out of one side of our mouths and acknowledge that they are a business out of the other.

Rush are VERY media savvy. Neil is a post-a-holic on his site. Ged and Alex were mugging for every cable interview under the sun three months ago and as I look back, they have been very consistent about web updates.

I don't think I'm reading too much into this at all. We have an album that is WAY overdue, release dates being pulled and a band unwilling to update its fanbase through any media source.

You know maybe they juist want the mix to be perfect and they are just tweeking a few more things!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:36 PM)

I have to agree. I can't imagine they would screw the pooch on a new album and tour just because Andrew passed.

QUOTE (Khan @ Mar 13 2012, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:36 PM)

I have to agree. I can't imagine they would screw the pooch on a new album and tour just because Andrew passed.

goodpost.gif The lack of news is disturbing dont get me wrong, but I have full faith that it will come out AROUND May and they will be touring sometime in the fall. I just hope they come somewhere in Colorado unsure.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 13 2012, 01:53 PM)

Mmm. Okay. What's the most valuable company around these days? The company that has billions in the bank, the one making massive profits quarter after quarter, year after year. Apple. What's the most secretive company in the history of everything ever? Damn right it's Apple laugh.gif

Being in business and being secretive are not mutually exclusive. We've just been trained to think they are by companies so desperate for attention that they tried to make news for insignificant things over the years. Apple does a couple of events a year, not much in between, and look where they are now.

Not that Rush is the Apple of the music business, but come on... panic? Really? That's the reaction to not having a post up at Rush.com in about a month? OMG the sky is falling, it's time to panic?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM)

Mmm. Okay. What's the most valuable company around these days? The company that has billions in the bank, the one making massive profits quarter after quarter, year after year. Apple. What's the most secretive company in the history of everything ever? Damn right it's Apple laugh.gif

Being in business and being secretive are not mutually exclusive. We've just been trained to think they are by companies so desperate for attention that they tried to make news for insignificant things over the years. Apple does a couple of events a year, not much in between, and look where they are now.

Not that Rush is the Apple of the music business, but come on... panic? Really? That's the reaction to not having a post up at Rush.com in about a month? OMG the sky is falling, it's time to panic?

goodpost.gif

Just a sign of the times. With today's instant gratification with iPhones, iTouch, iPad, smart phones, text messaging, etc.... people have instant access to anything or anyone.

To be in "panic mode" sounds absolutely crazy to me. What ever happened to patience? Is this really the only thing going on in your life to focus on? People need to relax.

As Mr. Incredible said... "We'll get there... when we get there!!!"

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 13 2012, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 13 2012, 03:38 PM)

goodpost.gif

Just a sign of the times. With today's instant gratification with iPhones, iTouch, iPad, smart phones, text messaging, etc.... people have instant access to anything or anyone.

To be in "panic mode" sounds absolutely crazy to me. What ever happened to patience? Is this really the only thing going on in your life to focus on? People need to relax.

As Mr. Incredible said... "We'll get there... when we get there!!!"

goodpost.gif

I want CA to come out as much as anyone, but seriously, it will come out. So let's say it gets pushed back to July. Is it really that big of a deal? Again, I am tired of waiting and excited as all-get-out for CA, but we are on the cusp of this thing being released. What is the big deal of waiting a little longer.

Let's say they release it in May and the mixing is bad like on VT. The amount of threads and posts ripping RUSH for "rushing" the album out without fixing the problems would overload TRF and probably crash the servers!

So for the love of RUSH, just relax and have some patience. It's not like we don't have 19 studio albums, 2 songs of CA and numerous live albums and DVDs to tide us over. Again, I am as excited as anyone for CA to come out but it's time to "panic"? Really? confused13.gif

Edited for bad grammar

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 13 2012, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Mar 13 2012, 01:14 PM)
Neil "tweeted" this yesterday:

"It is nice to be at the finish line with the album but the mixing process has been maddening"

I don't think the real Neil has a twitter account. That is fake Neil.

I thought someone mentioned somewhere on this site that that Twitter account was Neil's "official" account? Oh well. Doesn't really matter...

Edited by savagegrace26

Just a little perspective here:

Snakes & Arrows was announced officially (with the clip of Far Cry) around mid-February 2007 (according to the digging I did in the Power Windows news archives) and the album was released on May 1st. If CA is coming out on the 29th (and as much as phantom preorder dates should be taken with a grain of salt, I don't think Amazon would just put up a date without some kind of ballpark confirmation from the label), that's almost a month later in the year than S&A. So an announcement around mid-March in that case seems reasonable.

Maybe not time to panic.

Edited by thizzellewashington

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Mar 13 2012, 05:25 PM)
Just a little perspective here:

Snakes & Arrows was announced officially (with the clip of Far Cry) around mid-February 2007 (according to the digging I did in the Power Windows news archives) and the album was released on May 1st. If CA is coming out on the 29th (and as much as phantom preorder dates should be taken with a grain of salt, I don't think Amazon would just put up a date without some kind of ballpark confirmation from the label), that's almost a month later in the year than S&A. So an announcement around mid-March in that case seems reasonable.

Maybe not time to panic.

Well....we are at mid March now. The clock is ticking 1022.gif 2.gif