Is The Naked Guy On The Cover Of "Hemispheres"

RUSHHEAD666

Thanks to the "Reverse Starman" Thread I started thinking about why Rush are obsessed with naked men.

Obviously the Starman dies at the end of "2112," so could the naked dude on the cover of "Hemispheres" be his brother? laugh.gif

By the way, which naked man is on the cover of "Exit Stage Left?"

Is it the STARMAN or his brother Joe?

wacko.gif

Don't ask me why, but I always thought the nudie on the Hemispheres cover was meant to be based on Hugh Syme.

Christ, I don't know why I put that down - just read it somewhere, I think...

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jan 16 2012, 04:25 AM)
Don't ask me why, but I always thought the nudie on the Hemispheres cover was meant to be based on Hugh Syme.

Christ, I don't know why I put that down - just read it somewhere, I think...

ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif

If that's true, Mr. Syme must look quite nice walking away.... wink.gif

The naked man's identity is not important.

What matters most is if he's a Sensitive Naked Man.....

This is a bit embarrassing, but when I was first exposed to Rush, Hemispheres was one of two albums that I was introduced to, and with my very limited knowledge of the band, assumed that the naked man on the album cover was the singer of the band, some guy named Geddy. ph34r.gif It took me a bit of time to realize that this was, in fact, incorrect. Geddy had much more hair at the time than the guy on the cover, so it couldn't have been him! laugh.gif

I know much more about the band today, but I still giggle to myself about how I'd simply assumed that the naked man was Geddy. I mean, can you imagine if Rush had actually done that? wink.gif

It took me a bit of time to realize that this was, in fact, incorrect. Geddy had much more hair at the time than the guy on the cover

Yea I hear Ged's back and butt are much hairier!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Jan 16 2012, 10:22 AM)
Naked Starman?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0llV5RzxzAk/S_GxU6E7NsI/AAAAAAAABG8/4v93aWMm208/s1600/starman.jpg?
confused13.gif

Come to think of it, Jeff Bridges did have a butt shot in that movie, didn't he? The mystery is solved, I think. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

That's classic!!! Good one!!!

Cheers to John Carpenter! trink39.gif

I heard naked 2112Guy dates PermWaves chick.

They had to put a "chick" exposing some leg on Permanent Waves, because people were wondering about the band's obsession with men's asses. Permanent Waves probably stopped rumors.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 16 2012, 08:12 PM)
The one on 2112 was Alex (guitarist), Neil on hemi (logical Apollo of the band), ESL is Geddy (band frontman/singer)

wink.gif

Neil never got to proof Hemis cover art and was,his words, "horrified" when he saw it

Yea Hemispheres is a strange cover, even if the guy wasn't nude, it would be odd. Rush has some cool covers, but they have the odd one from time to time and that is certainly one of 'em. I don't know if Hugh was going for some sort of Hipgnosis-styled cover or what, but I can see why Neil was 'horrified'.

Power Windows is another odd cover.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jan 16 2012, 06:32 PM)
I heard naked 2112Guy dates PermWaves chick.

If true, geeky dude on the PoW cover could not possibly be thier love child.

Perhaps we should look to the videos for further clues... bolt.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Jan 17 2012, 06:19 AM)
Neil never got to proof Hemis cover art and was,his words, "horrified" when he saw it

Yea Hemispheres is a strange cover, even if the guy wasn't nude, it would be odd. Rush has some cool covers, but they have the odd one from time to time and that is certainly one of 'em. I don't know if Hugh was going for some sort of Hipgnosis-styled cover or what, but I can see why Neil was 'horrified'.

Power Windows is another odd cover.

"Power Windows is another odd cover. "

What's odd about the Power Windows cover? I like it. It looks pretty normal to me.

What's odd about the Power Windows cover? I like it. It looks pretty normal to me.

I dunno, just strikes me a certain way... I guess because when I first got into Rush, I had never seen that cover, or most of any of their covers, because it was a friend in HS who made me a mix tape (ah, the days of mix tapes!) and The Big Money and Mystic Rhythms were on that mix tape. I guess in my mind I built up an image of what the album cover would look like before I saw it and then when I did, I guess it just wasn't what I expected. Strange sounding I know, but over all these years, it still just seems odd for that sound. It just looked to me like it should have been the cover of a different album I guess! tongue.gif