Rush in the rush forum

MMCXII

I come on here to read about my favorite band and the top two threads are just some wingnut trying to get a rise out of everyone with religious bullshit.

He's doing a good job too. Are the mods on holidays?

No, one of the threads already got locked. I agree with RUSH in the RUSH forum...BUT it is fun sometimes to watch threads like the two you are referring to run their course. You don't have to read them.

I do agree with you, but some people have to spread the word, albeit a crazy word in the RUSH section and when they do, it can be fun to watch the chaos unfold!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 27 2011, 05:08 AM)
No, one of the threads already got locked. I agree with RUSH in the RUSH forum...BUT it is fun sometimes to watch threads like the two you are referring to run their course. You don't have to read them.

I do agree with you, but some people have to spread the word, albeit a crazy word in the RUSH section and when they do, it can be fun to watch the chaos unfold!

Now that's what I am talk'n about.

Are you not entertained?

QUOTE (GoToMan @ Dec 27 2011, 06:18 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 27 2011, 05:08 AM)
No, one of the threads already got locked.  I agree with RUSH in the RUSH forum...BUT it is fun sometimes to watch threads like the two you are referring to run their course.  You don't have to read them.

Now that's what I am talk'n about.

Are you not entertained?

Oh GOD HELP ME...the wacko.gif agreed with me! Does that make me...um...fing.gif?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Please pray for me gotoman!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 27 2011, 03:55 AM)
I come on here to read about my favorite band and the top two threads are just some wingnut trying to get a rise out of everyone with religious bullshit.

I think the mods here do a great job maintaining a presence and quashing problems without dictating matters priests-of-Syrinx style. But as for the antics you're referring to, yeah, I could do without them as well.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 27 2011, 04:55 AM)

sorry, but I get intrigued by the de-evolution of mankind sometimes

No, the mods aren't on holiday. Of course we're watching this GoTo guy. One of his threads was closed just before you posted this thread. Another was closed just now.

We like to let things progress so we can get a clearer picture of what we're dealing with. Is this guy for real (in his mind), or just a troll? Once we see what the deal is, we issue a warning. Which we just did.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2011, 07:37 AM)

No, the mods aren't on holiday. Of course we're watching this GoTo guy. One of his threads was closed just before you posted this thread. Another was closed just now.

We like to let things progress so we can get a clearer picture of what we're dealing with. Is this guy for real (in his mind), or just a troll? Once we see what the deal is, we issue a warning. Which we just did.

I for one thought that you handled this appropriately. But I think part of the blame goes to those who responded to his trolling/insanity. Just because someone posts idiocy doesn't mean a response is necessary, especially when it feeds the trolling/insanity. It doesn't need to devolve into an attack on believers, when this person is likely not a believer, just someone who uses Scripture to troll.

Just let the drivel fall off the front page, never to be heard from again.

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 27 2011, 07:50 AM)

I for one thought that you handled this appropriately. But I think part of the blame goes to those who responded to his trolling/insanity. Just because someone posts idiocy doesn't mean a response is necessary, especially when it feeds the trolling/insanity. It doesn't need to devolve into an attack on believers, when this person is likely not a believer, just someone who uses Scripture to troll.

Welcome to the internet! You must be new here! tongue.gif

No, seriously. That will never happen.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 27 2011, 07:57 AM)

Welcome to the internet! You must be new here! tongue.gif

No, seriously. That will never happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xB4dbdNSXY

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2011, 09:37 AM)

I am afraid to post because the last two threads got locked right after my posts! unsure.gif

But seriously, the mods do an excellent job and I am not trying to suck up. They let arguments get settled within the thread, which I can attest to from first hand experience, and step in when need be. I could never be a mod of a serious (SOCN) or major (RUSH) section because I'd let my own opinions cloud my judgement and probably lock or delete too many threads. At least they let people express themselves and even the threads that get heated, can lead to something good, again, I can personally attest to that.

And, unless I am not aware, the mods don't get paid and donate their time to keep us in a environment in which we can share our thoughts and opinions. One of the funniest places on the internet to "comment" is the Huffington Post or Huff Post as they are going by now. They literally have mods read the posts BEFORE they get posted and still have a "report" button, which is hilarious to me. I'd much rather have it be policed by us with the report button than have every comment or thread pre-screened.

So IMO, keep up the good work mods. (please just let one other person post after me before you lock a thread in the future!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif )

Good job 1001001.

I knew it would get handled but this sort of thing is a huge pet peeve of mine. These people that use religion to get their own twisted ideas across. it hurts all the people that use the religion properly, to guide themselves on a spiritual path through life.

So wrong

QUOTE (Oracle @ Dec 27 2011, 10:34 PM)
People here have yet to see the power of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm glad for that.

Are you being sarcastic, or are you actually preaching? Because as a member of SOCN, I know you know the deal on that sort of thing out here on the rest of the board.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2011, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Dec 27 2011, 01:10 PM)
I think the mods do an awesome job monitoring the site. They just like watching bullsh*t threads crash and burn on their own for sh*ts and giggles.

biggrin.gif

I'm glad they don't get closed right away. While the mods/admins do like the rules to be respected, they also appreciate good entertainment value when they see it. wink.gif

my initial reaction was annoyance, but I had fun posting pics of similar nuts. Edited by ucsteve667

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2011, 10:49 PM)
People here have yet to see the power of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm glad for that.

Are you being sarcastic, or are you actually preaching? Because as a member of SOCN, I know you know the deal on that sort of thing out here on the rest of the board.

Nah, I'm being sarcastic. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Oracle @ Dec 27 2011, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2011, 10:49 PM)

Nah, I'm being sarcastic. tongue.gif

Oh, well that's okay then. tongue.gif