I Love KISS!

rushgoober

I have been on a Kiss listening blitz for a few days now. Dynasty gets a lot of shit but there is some good tunes on that one

Hard Times

Save Your Love

X-Ray Eyes

Magic Touch

I Hated I Was Made For Loving You when it came out. Now i get drunk and Dance biggrin.gif

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a huge fan around the time Destroyer came out. I think the first album I bought of theirs was Alive...and I still have the original album with the insert still intact. I had my room wallpapered with their posters. I loved them up through Love Gun and then got into much more "serious" music (as you say) like Jethro Tull and RUSH.

I went through a period of utter hatred of the band (around 10th grade) but over the years I've had times of nostalgia where I'll go back and put on some KISS and "rock out", though it doesn't happen often. I've gotten over my own bias toward them and can appreciate them for what they are (were). I will agree that Ace is (no pun intended) out of this world as a guitar player.

BTW, I still have all those old posters, puzzles, belt buckles, games, Circus Magazines, etc. squirreled away in a dark dry place in my house wink.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Nov 26 2011, 07:47 PM)
Anyone else remember KISS meet the Phantom. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Looking back on it now, it's soooooooo cheesy I'm embarrassed to have loved it so much. laugh.gif

I remember that movie! Yeah, cheesy as hell but I loved it!! That was way back before the day of VCRs and I only saw it once, when they aired it on national TV. I've seen it since...it does not hold up tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 28 2011, 11:40 AM)
I have been on a Kiss listening blitz for a few days now. Dynasty gets a lot of shit but there is some good tunes on that one
Hard Times
Save Your Love
X-Ray Eyes
Magic Touch
I Hated I Was Made For Loving You when it came out. Now i get drunk and Dance biggrin.gif

What about 2000 Man? I know it's a cover, but it's a still a great song. 1287.gif

Hard Times
Save Your Love
X-Ray Eyes
Magic Touch

Dynasty is good yes it is! 1022.gif

It was cool back in the day to diss this album for the disco overtones. Since disco doesn't really exist anymore in that form and there really isn't that much "disco" on the album anyway, I find it impossible to even pretend to go into Dynasty Dissing Mode. I always thought it was good myself.

Same goes for The Elder and Unmasked, just insert "pop" and "concept album" instead.

At the end of the day all these albums have good songs and that's what it most often comes down to in the end with any album, has it got good songs...

QUOTE (tjtull @ Nov 28 2011, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Nov 26 2011, 07:47 PM)
Anyone else remember KISS meet the Phantom.  I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Looking back on it now, it's soooooooo cheesy I'm embarrassed to have loved it so much.  laugh.gif

I remember that movie! Yeah, cheesy as hell but I loved it!! That was way back before the day of VCRs and I only saw it once, when they aired it on national TV. I've seen it since...it does not hold up tongue.gif

Yeah I remember it too, that was when KISS were truly at the pinnacle of their success...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Nov 28 2011, 11:50 AM)
Hard Times
Save Your Love
X-Ray Eyes
Magic Touch

What about 2000 Man? I know it's a cover, but it's a still a great song. 1287.gif

Meh, it's o.k. I did crank it on New Years Eve in 1999 biggrin.gif

I read Ace's autobiography and it was pretty good. He's great these days and is supposedly getting rave show reviews. I could deal with eric karr, hell, he was underrated as a drummer. And Eric Singer is badass. However, without ace it's just not the real deal.

I've just posted this somewhere else but I think it needs to be posted here:

Dressed to Kill is totally underrated! Loads of gems on this album! Rock Bottom, Love Her All I Can, She, C'Mon and Love Me, Room Service, Ladies in Waiting and of course Rock and Roll all Nite!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 28 2011, 05:32 PM)

Dressed to Kill is totally underrated! Loads of gems on this album! Rock Bottom, Love Her All I Can, She, C'Mon and Love Me, Room Service, Ladies in Waiting and of course Rock and Roll all Nite!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Same with Hotter Than Hell

Goin Blind

Mainline

Strange Ways

That's f-n Metal

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Nov 28 2011, 05:45 PM)

1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Same with Hotter Than Hell

Goin Blind

Mainline

Strange Ways

That's f-n Metal

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Yeah I was listening to that the other day!

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 28 2011, 06:32 PM)

Love that album. Their best! 1022.gif

Edited by ucsteve667

I can't believe that Thanksgiving Day was the 20 year anniversary of Eric Carr's death. I remember hearing the news of his death on my way home from college my freshman year. I was crushed. Personally, his death impacted me more than Freddie Mercury's.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Nov 29 2011, 09:34 AM)
I can't believe that Thanksgiving Day was the 20 year anniversary of Eric Carr's death. I remember hearing the news of his death on my way home from college my freshman year. I was crushed. Personally, his death impacted me more than Freddie Mercury's.

?!!?

I bought that in burbank, california on vinyl while visiting my grandparents. I still remember listening to it on his oldschool stereo, which is basically a wooden cabinet that was so big and heavy you would surely leave it for the next guy who buys your house.

It wasn't just about the makeup. Those are some kickass jams!!! trink39.gif (thanks for the nemory,duck!!

Edited by the masked drummer

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Nov 29 2011, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Nov 29 2011, 09:34 AM)
I can't believe that Thanksgiving Day was the 20 year anniversary of Eric Carr's death.  I remember hearing the news of his death on my way home from college my freshman year.  I was crushed.  Personally, his death impacted me more than Freddie Mercury's.

?!!?

I didntrealize he was so good til I saw kiss in 1985 at cobo hall in detroit (where alive! Was partially recorded). The opening of the giant wooden doors got delayed for sound check and fans nearly broke them down.He did a solo that was... remarkable to say the least. RIP Eric!

I hate KISS......!

they used to be my favorite band but I grew out of it.

I was 9.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 29 2011, 11:26 PM)
I hate KISS......!

I was 9.

I don't grow out of music I like.

You sound like a guy I went to high school with. In 1984 we were both big Maiden fans and picked up Powerslave and loved it. Bonded over music. A few years later I bumped into him and it was around the time of another Maiden record and since I had that memory I asked him if he'd picked it up and his reply was "nah, man, I grew out of that metal stuff."

Lame and pretentious.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Nov 30 2011, 06:23 AM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 29 2011, 11:26 PM)
I hate KISS......!

I was 9.

I don't grow out of music I like.

You sound like a guy I went to high school with. In 1984 we were both big Maiden fans and picked up Powerslave and loved it. Bonded over music. A few years later I bumped into him and it was around the time of another Maiden record and since I had that memory I asked him if he'd picked it up and his reply was "nah, man, I grew out of that metal stuff."

Lame and pretentious.

Honestly, for the most part I grew out of metal. I used to be REALLY into it when I was a young teen. Then I found genres I liked better that I hadn't known about or wasn't ready for previously, and I kind of dropped out. I still love Kiss, I'll still occasionally put on Screaming for Vengeance and a couple of other albums, but otherwise I did legitimately grow out of it. I don't mean that to put anything down, but sometimes people really do just move on, or have a natural progression or evolution of tastes.