Leave That Thing Alone Live

earth2112shine

Just watched Leave That Thing Alone on the new Blu Ray.

Geddy plays an AMAZING solo then apologies for it.

Just love it, tell you wot, if I was that talented I wouldn't be apologising biggrin.gif

I think it just a shame we don't get a few more solo's like that from Geddy.

Best bass player in the world for me, solo on man, solo on !! 1022.gif

QUOTE (earth2112shine @ Nov 16 2011, 07:26 AM)

Just love it, tell you wot, if I was that talented I wouldn't be apologising biggrin.gif

my guess is he was being ironic, what do you reckon? eh.gif

I thought the apology was pretty funny. The tone Geddy says it in is like "Yeah, we're awesome, sorry, but I'm sure you didn't mind." and I was looking at the TV in awe that they actually did that.

It was style, it was awesome, WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT DURING THE ENTIRE LEG OF THE TOUR?!

QUOTE (Strangiato @ Nov 16 2011, 10:00 PM)
Something funny he said when they were playing at MSG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...xgkbW5ec#t=318s

Not sure if he said it at the other shows

"thank you for allowing us to indulge ourselves in that fashion", nice smile.gif

he said something similar on the S&A tour after mal-nar I think..

Geddy is a bass playing monster in this concert!!

I'm just watching this video right now for the first time and had to stop after Spirit of the radio to post here..

holy fukk Geddy's on fire with that bass!!! I don't even remember him being that good when I saw him in Toronto.. wow!

and I just realized, the apology is because it's an instrumental, an indugence...

because there's no singing, it's like they're leaving the audience out of it. hence, the apology..

anyways, all three of the guys are AMAZING in 'Spirit of radio' during the jam part. and I don't care what you say, Geddy Lee sang the high part WAY better than he should have at his age, the guy should be stone cold mute by now, fukk.

DAMN we're lucky these guys are still doing it!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by MMCXII

Is this edited out of the CD? I was listening to it today and didn't catch it. Weird, because he does talk before Faithless.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:31 PM)

Is this edited out of the CD? I was listening to it today and didn't catch it. Weird, because he does talk before Faithless.

I didn't catch it on the CD either.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 17 2011, 02:17 AM)
I thought the apology was pretty funny. The tone Geddy says it in is like "Yeah, we're awesome, sorry, but I'm sure you didn't mind." and I was looking at the TV in awe that they actually did that.

It was style, it was awesome, WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT DURING THE ENTIRE LEG OF THE TOUR?!

That's funny coz he did when we saw them in Birmingham. He played his ass off! I remember Gilby talking about it afterwards.

I was looking forward to that bit when I saw the DVD earlier today... I wasn't disappointed! Excellent job, Geddy! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Nov 18 2011, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 17 2011, 02:17 AM)

That's funny coz he did when we saw them in Birmingham. He played his ass off! I remember Gilby talking about it afterwards.

I was looking forward to that bit when I saw the DVD earlier today... I wasn't disappointed! Excellent job, Geddy! applaudit.gif

I looked up a youtube video of it, apparently they did it. It wasn't very extensive though and no apology, just a bow. Anyways, it wasn't anywhere near as awesome as what he did on the DVD.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 16 2011, 08:17 PM)

I certainly didn't mind while watching the movie, both in theatres and after the DVD was released. It was one of my favorite parts in the film. There's no bassist like Geddy. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif wub.gif

"Yes, we apologize for that bit of indulgence there. We just can't help ourselves."

You can indulge all you want, Geddy. You're just that awesome. Slappa dat bass! wink.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Nov 19 2011, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 16 2011, 08:17 PM)

I certainly didn't mind while watching the movie, both in theatres and after the DVD was released. It was one of my favorite parts in the film. There's no bassist like Geddy. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif wub.gif

"Yes, we apologize for that bit of indulgence there. We just can't help ourselves."

You can indulge all you want, Geddy. You're just that awesome. Slappa dat bass! wink.gif

Agreed on all counts! Witnessing that mad bass work on Leave That Thing Alone up close in Pittsburgh in 2010 almost made me spontaneously combust. My whole section started chanting "Ged-dy! Ged-dy! Ged-dy! Ged-dy!" I don't think he even bothered to apologise that night laugh.gif

Agreed, that solo is absolutely stunning. I can't get enough of it. The whole DVD has some of the most ferocious playing I've ever seen from them, it's incredible. I think Geddy's humble enough that the apology for doing something like that is probably genuine (he says it during Mal Nar too). But I wish he'd do it more!