Coming up on 3 years.

Godot

trink39.gif

2.gif is heart.gif

Don't feel bad, I'll be at a sprightly year and three months December 2nd! Every one of those days has been better for having them in it, and the feelings of my first show come right back every time I watch them...like waking from the dead. I've also loved meeting and hearing from all the people who know more of where I'm coming from than even I do yet! Still, I think if you asked anyone in town who knows me, they'd say, "Oh, the girl who likes Rush"! I'm just glad it happened before it's too late to see them anymore, but then, it happened BECAUSE I went to a show.

bncegrn.gif Happy Rushversary! bncegrn.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

Can't believe how many newer Rush fans there are. Sometimes I wish I could go back to when I didn't know every song in the catalog like the back of my hand. I was probably learning most of the catalog on drums before some of you were born. LOL(around 85-89)

Well happy 3rd year trink39.gif

I'm one of those decades fans- 30 years! I'm pretty sure it was right abouts 1981 since MP was still their current album. Signals was my first new Rush release. I still remember going to Sound Warehouse in Tulsa OK to get it. Strange how I still have that visual of picking up the LP... Oh yeah, the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.. old.gif tongue.gif

But seriously, I know what you mean by Rush always being there for you. It's one of the few constants in my adult life. Always around, and never letting me down. Like was said in that recent rolling stone article: "It's true that Rush doesn't mean today what it did in '76 or even '96. It may mean more." True! It does mean more.. they do mean more, to me.

trink38.gif 2.gif

I bought 2112 on vinyl after hearing it at a friend of a friend's house and being blown away. I was already 19 years old then. I of course had already heard "In The Mood", "Fly By Night", "Working Man", etc. too on the radio. God I'm old. Regardless though, there is always room on the Rush fanwagon!! We're all here now and that's what matters. Edited by driventotheedge

Congratulations on your 3 yrs trink39.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Nov 18 2011, 05:40 AM)
I bought 2112 on vinyl after hearing it at a friend of a friend's house and being blown away. I was already 19 years old then. I of course had already heard "In The Mood", "Fly By Night", "Working Man", etc. too on the radio. God I'm old. Regardless though, there is always room on the Rush fanwagon!! We're all here now and that's what matters.

2112 is also what "blew me Away" --- was very familiar with MP & ESL,

a friend & rush fan walked me step by step through 2112, ( I was also 19 )

Spent next 2 yrs exploring their back catalog, this was ' 81, ' 82

Just couldn't get enough !! Still CAN'T !! yes.gif

653.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 21 2011, 02:57 AM)
1976 for me. It actually doesn't seem that long ago....

you make me feel like a kid (I didn't join The Rush Backstage Fan Club until 1982)

and you're right - in some ways, it doesn't feel that long ago

thanks, pal trink39.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 21 2011, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Nov 21 2011, 02:57 AM)
1976 for me. It actually doesn't seem that long ago....

you make me feel like a kid (I didn't join The Rush Backstage Fan Club until 1982)

and you're right - in some ways, it doesn't feel that long ago

Well, it was!!! tongue.gif

I wasn't even 10 when I started getting into Rush...then, Peart had a mustache, Lifeson was thin, and Geddy sang high. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif