Geddy must be really bad live now!!

reani14

Jeez guys Geddy sounds fine

Sure he isn't hitting the insanely high notes but he still keeps a tune and is able to sing the songs pretty well.

The whole band is still playing great and they are actually writing really hard rocking songs. So I don't get the complaining, they sound great!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Analog_Bro @ Nov 16 2011, 11:40 PM)

Sure he isn't hitting the insanely high notes but he still keeps a tune and is able to sing the songs pretty well.

The whole band is still playing great and they are actually writing really hard rocking songs. So I don't get the complaining, they sound great!

cant stop playing this DVD

QUOTE (reani14 @ Nov 14 2011, 04:59 PM)
I was conversing with a fair number of chums recently and, I say, they were rather taken with Geddy's vocal renderings on the most recent Time Machine concert footage on Comcast. They all found Geddy's voice quite fetching and understood the lyrics quite clearly. They inquired that since it was a rock and roll concert shouldn't the chap scream?

How wonderful!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 17 2011, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Nov 14 2011, 04:59 PM)
I was conversing with a fair number of chums recently and, I say, they were rather taken with Geddy's vocal renderings on the most recent Time Machine concert footage on Comcast. They all found Geddy's voice quite fetching and understood the lyrics quite clearly. They inquired that since it was a rock and roll concert shouldn't the chap scream?

How wonderful!

We're getting through to the lad, by george! Wonderful indeed, Mr. Tamas!

QUOTE (Analog_Bro @ Nov 16 2011, 11:40 PM)

Yep.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Nov 16 2011, 02:41 PM)
There are actually trolls on this forum now?? It used to be such a safe place for Rush fans! fists crying.gif

Sorry, but when was the last time you were here?

The situation's gotten significantly better since I first arrived. yes.gif Seems to be on a bit of a downward slide now but it's nowhere near as bad as it was other times in the past twelve months.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 16 2011, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (angel in my armor @ Nov 16 2011, 08:45 AM)
Here's something for all the Geddy basher's to ponder.....would you rather Rush just fold up and retire to Florida to never play again??...
These guys are not young and they don't sound,look or move like they did when they were 20...but then again either do I.We should all be thankful for the fact that they are still making music for us. beathorse.gif

At some point, yes. I don't want the band going out there at age 70 or 80, with Geddy barely able to hold a note, just because some fans want to see them literally die on stage rather than retire.

You know what they should have done? Studio only. I know they like touring and I don't hold it against them and I'll still show up - but if the alternative was, say, no tours with a new studio album once a year... I'd take the new material.

These are creative guys and the recording process is light years ahead of what it used to be; it's easier than ever before. They could spend a month every year recording a new album and spend 11 months playing golf and making notes for the next album, and that would be awesome.

In the past 15 years we got 3 studio releases and a covers EP. There was the late 90's break due to Neil's tragedy, and that's understandable. But beyond that... I really don't like that we haven't seen more material. I would have liked to see them go on a limited touring schedule after R30.

After he reads this post, don't be surprised if Rushgoober asks you to marry him. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I wouldn't ask him to marry me, but I'd buy him dinner for that post. wink.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Nov 17 2011, 08:59 AM)
He's a much more refined singer now even though he can't scream like he used to. To say he can't sing any more is a huge injustice to geddy, the band, management, and its fans... rage.gif

sorry man, i just don't see that being the case in any way. if you take that as an injustice to you, it's not meant that way. just a personal observation IMHO, and obviously i'm not the only one who thinks his voice has been going for awhile...

I thought about making a thread in which all us tin-ears who love the way Geddy sings live in 2011 and thank the fortunes every day that Rush is still what they are could support each other in our sad delusions, but I know there's no way that the people who want the band to either retire or become a studio-only band would stand for it.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 17 2011, 11:11 PM)
I thought about making a thread in which all us tin-ears who love the way Geddy sings live in 2011 and thank the fortunes every day that Rush is still what they are could support each other in our sad delusions, but I know there's no way that the people who want the band to either retire or become a studio-only band would stand for it.

goodpost.gif

On there last two live DVD's he's voice sound so bad but i was on the snake and time machine tour and he's voice sounded wonderful so whats the problem with the recordings?

I much prefer listening bootleg version than there official live DVD's...

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 17 2011, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 17 2011, 11:11 PM)

goodpost.gif

+1

The boys are going to give it their all until there is no more left!

If the Rolling Bones can still tour than the sky's the limit for RUSH!

At the end of the day who gives a fukk. These guys have it made.

Just check out the new Guitar Aficionado.

Geddy and Alex could just retire and drink wine together for the rest of their lives.

They have it good. Luckily they still have the fire and passion to perform for us and themselves!

When they announce their final concert, I will be there no matter where it is.

Toronto probably.

Then it's off to the Orbit Room for more drinks!

trink39.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2011, 04:00 PM)
He's a much more refined singer now even though he can't scream like he used to. To say he can't sing any more is a huge injustice to geddy, the band, management, and its fans... rage.gif

sorry man, i just don't see that being the case in any way. if you take that as an injustice to you, it's not meant that way. just a personal observation IMHO, and obviously i'm not the only one who thinks his voice has been going for awhile...

Not everyone's voice can age like wine like that hobbit Jon Anderson. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2011, 03:00 PM)

it's a fact.....not really an opinion. I get a kick out of the people who claim he is singing better than ever. yeah.....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 19 2011, 11:42 AM)

it's a fact.....not really an opinion. I get a kick out of the people who claim he is singing better than ever. yeah.....

Just because he can't sing like he used to means he's worse. Get your 'fact-opinion' logic straight.

I still think he can sing pretty good. Personally sometimes I wish he wouldn't warp some of the lines to the way he wants, but other times it's perfect. I think we can all agree his voice has CHANGED, but to say it's better or worse is opinion, because his voice is like an instrument in the band, and if a band member chooses to use a different instrument or effect, some people will like it, and some people won't.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 19 2011, 10:49 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 19 2011, 11:42 AM)

Just because he can't sing like he used to means he's worse. Get your 'fact-opinion' logic straight.

I still think he can sing pretty good. Personally sometimes I wish he wouldn't warp some of the lines to the way he wants, but other times it's perfect. I think we can all agree his voice has CHANGED, but to say it's better or worse is opinion, because his voice is like an instrument in the band, and if a band member chooses to use a different instrument or effect, some people will like it, and some people won't.

I'm talking about regularly singing out of key and straining live. Listen to him 30 years ago, was he singing as bad? nope.....not even close.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 19 2011, 12:42 PM)

I disagree that it's a FACT that Geddy can't sing anymore. It's a fact that he can't sing the way he used to, but that doesn't mean he can't still sing well. I wouldn't say that he is "better than ever," but I love his mature voice and know many people who share that opinion.

I think that a lot of long-time Rush fans have a negative opinion of his singing now more because he doesn't sing the way he used to than because he's not still a good singer. I think for the most part he's done a fine job of adjusting his singing style to his aging voice and that when he's on top of it he sounds great but that sometimes he gets into trouble because he gets caught up in the performance and forgets that he can't go for it the way he would have done it when he was younger and had more range. I can forgive that passion even at the price of the occasional wince.

(Ooh, deja-vu!)

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 19 2011, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Nov 19 2011, 12:42 PM)

I disagree that it's a FACT that Geddy can't sing anymore. It's a fact that he can't sing the way he used to, but that doesn't mean he can't still sing well. I wouldn't say that he is "better than ever," but I love his mature voice and know many people who share that opinion.

I think that a lot of long-time Rush fans have a negative opinion of his singing now more because he doesn't sing the way he used to than because he's not still a good singer. I think for the most part he's done a fine job of adjusting his singing style to his aging voice and that when he's on top of it he sounds great but that sometimes he gets into trouble because he gets caught up in the performance and forgets that he can't go for it the way he would have done it when he was younger and had more range. I can forgive that passion even at the price of the occasional wince.

(Ooh, deja-vu!)

I'm talking about live,.....