last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/We_Bought_a_Zoo/We_Bought_a_Zoo.jpg

Damon is one of the few positive points I can take away from this flick. But it's not enough. It's not as bad as the epic 2005 garbage "Elizabethtown" but it's still not good. It's slow with characters I don't care about. Seems like a waste of Damon and Johansson.

Grade: D

I actually really liked this, but I didn't really it was a Crowe film!

Definitely not one of the GREAT director's finer endeavours. I find his downturn to be a really sad thing. Jerry Maguire remains one of my all time favourite movies, and that, at least, will cement him as one of the best director's of all time. Truly adore it.

Yeah, Jerry Maguire is highly enjoyable. I must've seen it half a dozen times.

Crowe is probably in my top 3 directors (after Kubrick and the Coen bros) so I agree with your downturn comment. I assumed "We Bought..." was going to be a comeback from "Elizabethtown" because THAT was so awful AND Damon & Johansson are pretty reliable.

I like it! I know a lot of families who enjoy it, so maybe we just aren't the right crowd?!

http://www.tribute.ca/tribute_objects/images/movies/We_Bought_a_Zoo/We_Bought_a_Zoo.jpg

Damon is one of the few positive points I can take away from this flick. But it's not enough. It's not as bad as the epic 2005 garbage "Elizabethtown" but it's still not good. It's slow with characters I don't care about. Seems like a waste of Damon and Johansson.

Definitely not one of the GREAT director's finer endeavours. I find his downturn to be a really sad thing. Jerry Maguire remains one of my all time favourite movies, and that, at least, will cement him as one of the best director's of all time. Truly adore it.

Crowe is probably in my top 3 directors (after Kubrick and the Coen bros) so I agree with your downturn comment. I assumed "We Bought..." was going to be a comeback from "Elizabethtown" because THAT was so awful AND Damon & Johansson are pretty reliable.

I like it! I know a lot of families who enjoy it, so maybe we just aren't the right crowd?!

There were a few scenes in Zoo that I thought were done quite well though...like towards the end where he's telling them how he met their mum. And then there's the scene with him looking at those pics on the computer and starts crying. Aside from those two and Damon, I'm hard pressed to think of anything else I liked. I think his kids cancel each other out: the little girl is super cute but I didn't like the son. :)

• Like 1

There were a few scenes in Zoo that I thought were done quite well though...like towards the end where he's telling them how he met their mum. And then there's the scene with him looking at those pics on the computer and starts crying. Aside from those two and Damon, I'm hard pressed to think of anything else I liked. I think his kids cancel each other out: the little girl is super cute but I didn't like the son. :)

I might rewatch this to see how I feel about it. I thought it was a nice little film, but again I watched it thinking it was the work of a nobody, not Crowe!

Never would have guessed.

• Like 1

I might rewatch this to see how I feel about it. I thought it was a nice little film, but again I watched it thinking it was the work of a nobody, not Crowe!

To me it seemed like a mostly weak job of someone imitating Crowe. There's a scene where the son & Damon are sitting on the floor talking and getting along which looks EXACTLY like a scene in Vanilla Sky with Cruise & Russell doing the same thing.

• Like 1

To me it seemed like a mostly weak job of someone imitating Crowe. There's a scene where the son & Damon are sitting on the floor talking and getting along which looks EXACTLY like a scene in Vanilla Sky with Cruise & Russell doing the same thing.

I need to watch that again as well haha

• Like 1

Ah man I love Vanilla Sky. That got better with each viewing. And I think I finally understand everything now. Haha!

Crowe had a GREAT string going on there with Say Anything, Singles, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous, and Vanilla Sky. And no way have I forgotten Fast Times at Ridgemont High made YEARS earlier.

• Like 1

Ah man I love Vanilla Sky. That got better with each viewing. And I think I finally understand everything now. Haha!

Crowe had a GREAT string going on there with Say Anything, Singles, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous, and Vanilla Sky. And no way have I forgotten Fast Times at Ridgemont High made YEARS earlier.

One day I will have to marathon his movies (skipping Elizabethtown...Kirsten Dunst really killed all the momentum she had been building for years with that dreadfully dire performance).

http://www.crankycritic.com/archive/posters/ragingbull.jpg

http://www.hyjoo.com/img/18464332.jpg

Saw these two the other day BEFORE yesterday's "We Bought A Zoo". Couldn't have been much more jarring a transition. Surprisingly, I'd never seen Raging Bull before. It's not my favorite Scorcese flick but a classic nonetheless.

Munich was generally good but slightly dragged towards the end.

• Like 3

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/1401/23386/12698064/4/copy-of-1074488.jpg?height=696&width=470

Despite Eva Green's nudity & vicious bitchiness AND Jessica Alba's extra pumps & humps in those onstage dances, this movie disappoints. No surprises and it's all been done before in the first Sin City flick.

Walk down an alley in Sin City 2 and you're likely to fall asleep. Damn shame.

• Like 1

One day I will have to marathon his movies (skipping Elizabethtown...Kirsten Dunst really killed all the momentum she had been building for years with that dreadfully dire performance).

Apparently Crowe released a film this year called "Aloha". I had never heard of it. It has Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, and Bill Murray among others. Sounds like a more than capable cast but it got negative reviews and lost money. RottenTomatoes gave it 19%. That's even worse than "Elizabethtown" which got 28%!

http://s2.dmcdn.net/Hgc5h/x240-tl-.jpg

This 1932 horror/drama was surprisingly disturbing. I felt that most of the film was a rather sweet look at life in an early-20th Century circus, until the final fifteen minutes, which was so brilliantly staged and wonderfully acted by all, that I was left chilled right to the bone. Possibly the best horror film I have ever seen, the fact it is over 80 years old has not at all diminished its impact. 10/10

220px-It1927clarabow.jpg

So I watched this again. Released in 1927, the comedy still holds up, and the acting surprised me: none of it was melodramatic, the comedy rarely, if ever, lingered on the slapstick, and the cast was perfect. Clara Bow astonishes me. A 1920's screen siren still has the ability to really stand up as a sexy, feisty and still very modern heroine. I loved this, and it is stands tall as a romantic comedy, and it is superior to all the major hits in the genre of the last ten years! 10/10

• Like 1

Once Upon A Time in The West

Moved stuff around the house today. Discovered I have this on DVD! I don't remember buying it, but I did so I must watch it!

• Like 1