last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Ant-Man-71.jpg

Better than I thought it would be! Excellent performances all around. Evangaline Lilly was brilliant, and Michael Douglas was even better.

As it was a Paul Rudd film, there were lots of laughs....perhaps too many. In a superhero film, there is always that balance of serious drama and comedy that few directors achieve. The dialogue was pretty sharp overall. Perhaps a bit too much time was spent on setting up Rudd's character of Scott Lang and how he became Ant Man, but it didn't detract from the film.

Good show! I was entertained quite a bit! I give it a 7/10. :ebert:

Just watched it myself, and was equally surprised!

Good to hear! Not a big Rudd fan but l'll definitely watch this when it eventually hits these shores.

As a longtime Marvel comics fan, I'm curious what they do with Hank Pym.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Ant-Man-71.jpg

Better than I thought it would be! Excellent performances all around. Evangaline Lilly was brilliant, and Michael Douglas was even better.

As it was a Paul Rudd film, there were lots of laughs....perhaps too many. In a superhero film, there is always that balance of serious drama and comedy that few directors achieve. The dialogue was pretty sharp overall. Perhaps a bit too much time was spent on setting up Rudd's character of Scott Lang and how he became Ant Man, but it didn't detract from the film.

Good show! I was entertained quite a bit! I give it a 7/10. :ebert:

Just watched it myself, and was equally surprised!

Good to hear! Not a big Rudd fan but l'll definitely watch this when it eventually hits these shores.

As a longtime Marvel comics fan, I'm curious what they do with Hank Pym.

I'll be watching it pretty soon as well.

Not much time wasted in setup. It is go from the beginning, forget going for more Slurpee's or Instagram breaks.

Max_Mad_Fury_Road_Newest_Poster.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fcs0qnX.jpg

I started watching The Man Who Knew Too Much as well but I found that to be tedious cloak and dagger nonsense. A film that was a remake of Hitchcock's own film from 20 years before, and was only made so Hitchcock could fulfill his contract with Paramount The most notable thing about the film is the Doris Day song Que Sera Sera which so eclipsed the film that most people don't even realise that the song was from this film. Anyway I turned it off after an hour.

Meanwhile I have to say that I find Rear Window to be very boring. It's literally about as interesting as looking out of a real window and very similar, but you wouldn't normally spend 2 hours looking out a window. Most of the time nothing is happening except a bunch of everyday low key activities. And after all that the ending is weak.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

I started watching The Man Who Knew Too Much as well but I found that to be tedious cloak and dagger nonsense. A film that was a remake of Hitchcock's own film from 20 years before, and was only made so Hitchcock could fulfill his contract with Paramount The most notable thing about the film is the Doris Day song Que Sera Sera which so eclipsed the film that most people don't even realise that the song was from this film. Anyway I turned it off after an hour.

Meanwhile I have to say that I find Rear Window to be very boring. It's literally about as interesting as looking out of a real window and very similar, but you wouldn't normally spend 2 hours looking out a window. Most of the time nothing is happening except a bunch of everyday low key activities. And after all that the ending is weak.

I like Rear Window but I can see why someone might not. It was quite unique at the time it was released.

I like Rear Window but I can see why someone might not. It was quite unique at the time it was released.

Aye.

The Woody Allen one he did was good. And Haul Pass was not that bad...but I see your point.

Well, if he were to be in a good movie, it'd be one done by a real director and storyteller like Woody Allen...which I didn't see unfortunately.

Don't know about Hall Pass.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

This one sucked:

Wendellbaker.jpg

Can't think of a single Owen Wilson movie that I liked or even thought was okay.

Not even Zoolander?

• Like 1

This one sucked:

Wendellbaker.jpg

Can't think of a single Owen Wilson movie that I liked or even thought was okay.

Not even Zoolander?

Nope. Not even Zoolander. I was told it was hilarious so I watched it. But yeah, did nothing for me. Same with Starsky & Hutch: was told it was hilarious and I couldn't get a laugh out of it. Just can't get into it. Not a big fan of Ben Stiller either BUT there are a few Stiller flicks that I thought were at least good OR ok like Reality Bites, There's Something About Mary [was "ok" but didn't think it was the greatness that most of my friends did], Walter Mitty.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Insomnia.

Early Chris Nolan flick sandwiched between Memento and Batman Begins starring Al Pacino, Robin Williams, and Hilary Swank. Everyone here does well (with Pacino not becoming a lampoon of himself which can sometimes happen) and there were enough thrills and suspenseful moments to keep me on board for the whole ride. Not a classic by any means but it's still worth a viewing.

Grade: B

• Like 3

Quiz Show.

'94 flick from Robert Redford starring John Turturro and Ralph Fiennes. Occassionally seems a bit off balance with its indecision about being a comedy or drama...so it tries to be both, abruptly at times. Still though, I'm not sure why this was a box office bomb. (It scored 96% on RottenTomatoes). Turturro is quality in this and it's hard to dislike Fiennes' character even though we probably should. Smart with good performances.

Grade: B+

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3