last movie you watched

sonicjams

Monsters University

It wasn't exactly a bad movie, I would go as far as saying it was very good! But it wasn't great. I found much to love, but it felt more like a pretty good Dreamworks film than a classic Pixar!

I did enjoy it, but I don't think Pixar will ever have a franchise to truly rival Toy Story (unless they can build onto The Incredibles with an equally brilliant sequel/prequel). Looking forward to any new ideas coming up next!

Monsters University

It wasn't exactly a bad movie, I would go as far as saying it was very good! But it wasn't great. I found much to love, but it felt more like a pretty good Dreamworks film than a classic Pixar!

I did enjoy it, but I don't think Pixar will ever have a franchise to truly rival Toy Story (unless they can build onto The Incredibles with an equally brilliant sequel/prequel). Looking forward to any new ideas coming up next!

I was going to rent this. Do you think it's as good as the first one?

I saw that the other week. It says there Beowulf meets Predator but it's more like Planet of the Apes meets the Vikings meets Predator.

I haven't seen the Vikings, but yeah, I agree with you. :cheers:

Monsters University

Definitely worth a rent. I wouldn't say it is as good as the original, but as a prequel it worked fine. But it didn't feel necessary, and without a strong human element such as Boo from the original, it felt a little empty emotionally.

Mike Wasowski still ranks as one of my favourite Pixar creations! Give it a go...I liked it, I didn't love it.

Monsters University

Definitely worth a rent. I wouldn't say it is as good as the original, but as a prequel it worked fine. But it didn't feel necessary, and without a strong human element such as Boo from the original, it felt a little empty emotionally.

Mike Wasowski still ranks as one of my favourite Pixar creations! Give it a go...I liked it, I didn't love it.

Okay, thanks. I just didn't want to waste my time if it was a steaming pile of you know what. :LOL:

I think one of my favorite parts of the first movie was Boo saying Mike Wasowski! :LOL:

Edited by EagleMoon

Two films today, the first being Pocahontas, which will forever rank as one of my all time favourite movies. Glorious art design, memorable (and mature) characters, complex (especially for a Disney film) politics, moving romance, well choreographed fight scenes, soaring, majestic score and an absolutely stonking set of songs (all of them are gems!). I watched the extended cut with the bonus song If I Never Knew You, and I wouldn't have the film in any other way! Absolute beast of a movie, and for me is one of the major highlights of the Disney revival. Despite being ranked as the first Disney disappointment of the nineties, I beg to differ. After another underrated classic (The Hunchback Of Notre Dame) came the shameful and ugly Hercules. Pocahontas deserves to be recognised as one of the finest family films of all time...

And the second: Casablanca.

I began sceptical, but by the end I was completely enthralled and even though I felt very tired and couldn't keep my eyes open, I just had to watch it to the end!

I have to say, I think modern directors could do with looking back to these classics and examine what makes them so enduring. I am sick of all these perfectly produced, big budget and shallow dramas and comedies that promise so much, and yet offer so very little. Especially when a film as ropey and mundanely produced as Casablanca thrives, not through artifice (this is a humble looking movie), but through itsfascinating dialogue and timeless characters. And i would also add that the cast was close to perfection as well. This film made no effort to be entertaining, and yet it ended up being exactly that!

I am looking forward to other old time classics. I have The Philadelphia Story on order...looking forward to that!

• Like 2

I have to say, I think modern directors could do with looking back to these classics and examine what makes them so enduring. I am sick of all these perfectly produced, big budget and shallow dramas and comedies that promise so much, and yet offer so very little. Especially when a film as ropey and mundanely produced as Casablanca thrives, not through artifice (this is a humble looking movie), but through itsfascinating dialogue and timeless characters. And i would also add that the cast was close to perfection as well. This film made no effort to be entertaining, and yet it ended up being exactly that!

I am looking forward to other old time classics. I have The Philadelphia Story on order...looking forward to that!

I much prefer older movies. the pacing is better, the editing is better (use of longer shots), the dialogue less reliant on profanity or sarcasm. The intent seems to be more about telling a story, as opposed to being edgy by reflecting the most base of human interactions. The modern approach to films strikes me as incredibly lazy.
  • Like 2

I much prefer older movies. the pacing is better, the editing is better (use of longer shots), the dialogue less reliant on profanity or sarcasm. The intent seems to be more about telling a story, as opposed to being edgy by reflecting the most base of human interactions. The modern approach to films strikes me as incredibly lazy.

I'm so stuck on the classic channel you have no idea.

• Like 1