last movie you watched

sonicjams

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 12 2012, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 12 2012, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2012, 05:46 PM)
http://www.filmwerk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ghostrider.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l_ebzp4jK98/T02f_b35KvI/AAAAAAAABV8/DBy0vglGlic/s1600/Ghost-Rider-Spirit-of-Vengeance-2012-Movie-Poster1-600x889.jpeg

The first one was pretty good, enjoyable, despite many flaws. The Ghost Rider character shines through.

The second one is pure shite, crap story, bad effects, terrible photography, abysmal acting from Cage who has totally lost any acting ability he ever had, his "crazy" outbursts in this are embarrassing. This film makes the first one look like a masterpiece. Anyone who comes across the Ghost Rider character for the first time through this film would probably think it's from some bottom feeding douche comic that folded long ago. A shambles.

I can't bring myself to watch that 2nd one after I thought the 1st one was shit on toast. Cage is an awful choice for Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. I would've gone with the dude that played Jesus in Gibson's The Passion of Christ. He was also the terrorist in Deja Vu. Shit, get someone good! Cage is a lampoon these days!

I enjoyed the first one in spite of Cage. Cage seemed to play Johnny as Elvis doing Evil Kenevil and there was no chemistry at all between Cage and Eva Mendes, the supposed tragic lost lovers. Peter Fonda was pretty good as the devil (it should be Mephisto) and Blackheart was portrayed reasonably and at least the Ghost Rider effects looked pretty good.

trink38.gif

Hey and JB, if you hated the first one don't even think about bothering with the second one, it's absolutely shit. It'll make you mad enough to throw something at the screen. Cage is worse than ever! The effects stink, it's like a cheap straight to DVD B movie, except that makes it sound too good. The story is pathetic, it's directed like a blind man did it. I hope they don't do any more sequels after seeing that. If ever a franchise needed an immediate reboot this is it.

That was spot on about the Cage/Elvis/Evil Knievel bit. laugh.gif

Mendes-the only good thing about her in GR was her cleavage

Fonda-it's hard for him to NOT look cool anyway

The Blackheart kid-yeah, he's decent

the special effects-not total shit at least but it was definitely approaching the video game realm

GR2 will never make it to theaters here and I won't rent it when it's available.

Looking back on bad superhero films, even the Dolph Lundgren Punisher film was better than GR imho.

Another thing about Ghost Rider in GR2, the flames had this dirty black smoke effect that made him look like some kind of demon gas guzzler or a walking oil rig.

I did notice Eva's cleavage! And I think you're right! cool10.gif

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/03/spider-man-3-poster.jpg

Watching this film now I realise something; they totally got the casting mixed up. Franco should have been Parker, he's not freaky enough to be Harry, but looks much more like Parker than Toby. Maguire meanwhile is definitely freaky and geeky enough to play Harry, and way too weird-looking to be Parker. And MJ should have been played by the chick they picked to play Gwen Stacey, Bryce Dallas Howard, who is actually a redhead in reality.

At least they got Jonah Jameson right...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 02:50 PM)
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/03/spider-man-3-poster.jpg

Watching this film now I realise something; they totally got the casting mixed up. Franco should have been Parker, he's not freaky enough to be Harry, but looks much more like Parker than Toby. Maguire meanwhile is definitely freaky and geeky enough to play Harry, and way too weird-looking to be Parker. And MJ should have been played by the chick they picked to play Gwen Stacey, Bryce Dallas Howard, who is actually a redhead in reality.

At least they got Jonah Jameson right...

I think Franco originally tried out for Parker but lost out to Maguire. I liked Tobey as Parker...Franco, though a good actor, doesn't seem like a science geek bookworm that regularly gets picked on.

The worst casting in the entire series was That 70s dude playing Eddie Brock. He's not slimey or backstabbing enough for Brock...he's that 70s dude!

Jameson, Doc Ock, and The Green Goblin were perfectly cast.

Oh that's where he's from. I forgot all about that. And yeah he's about as Eddie Brock as Ya_Big_Tree is. In fact she's waaaay more Eddie Brock than he is!

Of the Raimi villains I think Willem Dafoe as the Goblin is the best, and maybe the Doc Ock guy. The Sandman guy looked the part, but they tried to make him into a boring good guy. Topher Grace as Venom is like Peewee Herman as the Juggernaut.

In Spider-man 3 they were too ambitious, the Sandman should have been saved for another film. They should have got a guy-in-suit bad guy like the Shocker who didn't need a big origin sequence or back story and just featured him in two action scenes, one to introduce him and two for the Church sequence Venom/Brock transformation/spidey battle. And that should have all happened by halfway through. That way Venom wouldn't have been shoved at the back of the film like an afterthought.

And what's with the boring dialogue for Spidey in the action scenes in these films? Spidey always talked trash in the comics but in these films Maguire just grunts and squeals. And his mask must be made of sugar paper, it's ripped to shreds every time in about 30 seconds. Obviously a device to let Maguire do the acting instead of Spidey's mask and a stuntman...

THE AVENGER's last night at the cheap seat theater.

First of all--Robert Downey Jr. will get an oscar one day...that guy sucks in every scene he's in, while not detracting from those around him.

It only had one cuss word, and it wasn't that bad.

My seven year old freaked out. what was cool for me was thinking back to when i collected Marvel comics and how far their movies have come. Yeah the origins are rebooted but who cares--great entertainment!!!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 13 2012, 12:18 PM)

First of all--Robert Downey Jr. will get an oscar one day...

He got close with his Chaplin performance. He was up against Clint Eastwood and eventual winner Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman).

First of all--Robert Downey Jr. will get an oscar one day...that guy sucks in every scene he's in

This can be read two ways:

"That guy SUCKS in every scene!"

or

"That guy SUCKS-IN every scene!"

laugh.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 13 2012, 02:16 PM)

He got close with his Chaplin performance. He was up against Clint Eastwood and eventual winner Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman).

He'll probably get one for an average performance in a future film, because the academy feel they owe him one...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 02:26 PM)
First of all--Robert Downey Jr. will get an oscar one day...that guy sucks in every scene he's in

or

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Had to read that a few times myself! Praise? Derision? Sarcasm?

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Aug 13 2012, 02:16 PM)

He'll probably get one for an average performance in a future film, because the academy feel they owe him one...

yes.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 13 2012, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 02:26 PM)

or

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Had to read that a few times myself! Praise? Derision? Sarcasm?

tongue.gif

I wasn't sure if he was dissing Downey jr or what...

I like him myself, just to clear that up...

cool.gif biggrin.gif

http://crazyyetwise.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/black-swan-poster-2010.jpg

Now I love Natalie and all but after seeing this film I think it's time for her to reach out and get help! She's MAD! Mad as a pack of laughing hyenas that have just recently been banned from laughing and they've just found out that ban is being enforced by the local lion prides...

ohmy.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 02:15 AM)

Now I love Natalie and all but after seeing this film I think it's time for her to reach out and get help! She's MAD! Mad as a pack of laughing hyenas that have just recently been banned from laughing and they've just found out that ban is being enforced by the local lion prides...

ohmy.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif

Love this movie. I thought her acting was impeccable. Plus Cunis is too hot!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 14 2012, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 02:15 AM)

ohmy.gif  wacko.gif  biggrin.gif

Love this movie. I thought her acting was impeccable. Plus Cunis is too hot!

Yeah I like Natalie, she's hot and she's good!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 14 2012, 01:34 AM)
The French Connection with Gene Hackman. Thinking about it now, that guy's 82 now...

Hackman rules in the French Connection!

In fact Hackman ALWAYS rules!

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

notworthy.gif Gene Hackman! notworthy.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 14 2012, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2012, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 14 2012, 01:34 AM)
The French Connection with Gene Hackman. Thinking about it now, that guy's 82 now...

Hackman rules in the French Connection!

In fact Hackman ALWAYS rules!

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

notworthy.gif Gene Hackman! notworthy.gif

He's my all time favorite actor.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 13 2012, 05:32 PM)
Oh that's where he's from. I forgot all about that. And yeah he's about as Eddie Brock as Ya_Big_Tree is. In fact she's waaaay more Eddie Brock than he is!

Of the Raimi villains I think Willem Dafoe as the Goblin is the best, and maybe the Doc Ock guy. The Sandman guy looked the part, but they tried to make him into a boring good guy. Topher Grace as Venom is like Peewee Herman as the Juggernaut.

In Spider-man 3 they were too ambitious, the Sandman should have been saved for another film. They should have got a guy-in-suit bad guy like the Shocker who didn't need a big origin sequence or back story and just featured him in two action scenes, one to introduce him and two for the Church sequence Venom/Brock transformation/spidey battle. And that should have all happened by halfway through. That way Venom wouldn't have been shoved at the back of the film like an afterthought.

And what's with the boring dialogue for Spidey in the action scenes in these films? Spidey always talked trash in the comics but in these films Maguire just grunts and squeals. And his mask must be made of sugar paper, it's ripped to shreds every time in about 30 seconds. Obviously a device to let Maguire do the acting instead of Spidey's mask and a stuntman...

Interestingly, I thought the same thing (2 scene villain-in-suit bit). One could've easily been done in the OPENING part wherein you go straight to the action. Visually, Hydro Man as the villain-in-suit could've been exciting...I imagine it would've been similar to Sandman's fx. But yeah, much more Venom and none of That 70's Topher guy.

The Green Lantern on HBO while on vacation last week! Kinda out there like the Matrix series, but what a cliffhanger/surprise ending at the end in between the ending credits...did anyone see it?? Spoiler Alert.......

The wait for the follow-up sequel is going to kill me now......

fists crying.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!