last movie you watched

sonicjams

John Carter! Fan-freakin'-tastic!

Death Wish

Yeah, I'm on a Bronson kick.

That's the first time I've seen this film all the way through. I've only ever seen the first half before, or the second half, or the half right in the middle, or 20 minutes here or half an hour there, all on TV...

The score is pretty good by Herbie Hancock...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 4 2012, 06:00 AM)
Red Sun...

Must be the only ever western featuring an American Lipka Tatar, a Japanese guy playing a samurai, a Frenchman and a Swiss tart.

Jesus that sounds like balls. It's like the characters in some story I imagined when I was playing with G.I.JOE figures at age 10. Hell, even the name "Lipka Tatar" sounds like one of Destro's or Zartan's henchmen.

Braveheart.

Haven't seen it in 12 years at least, wow forgot what a good movie that was.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 4 2012, 09:53 PM)
Death Wish

Yeah, I'm on a Bronson kick.

That's the first time I've seen this film all the way through. I've only ever seen the first half before, or the second half, or the half right in the middle, or 20 minutes here or half an hour there, all on TV...

The score is pretty good by Herbie Hancock...

trink36.gif

Well, guess why I watched Death Wish 2 a few times fellow drinker... trink38.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2012, 07:24 AM)
Act Of Valor

Great movie, huh?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 4 2012, 05:12 AM)
Red Sun...

Must be the only ever western featuring an American Lipka Tatar, a Japanese guy playing a samurai, a Frenchman and a Swiss tart.

Jesus that sounds like balls. It's like the characters in some story I imagined when I was playing with G.I.JOE figures at age 10. Hell, even the name "Lipka Tatar" sounds like one of Destro's or Zartan's henchmen.

Here's the film and it was pretty good, kind of like a poor man's Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I hadn't seen it for about 20 odd years.

http://i2.listal.com/image/138304/936full-red-sun-poster.jpg

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2012, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 4 2012, 09:39 AM)
Act Of Valor

Great movie, huh?

Yes better than I thought. So glad it wasn't the typical action flick

I know, right? What a compelling story. And how about Senior Chief? My favorite scene was when he interrogated Christo (Crisco?) laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 4 2012, 05:06 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 4 2012, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 4 2012, 09:39 AM)
Act Of Valor

Great movie, huh?

Yes better than I thought. So glad it wasn't the typical action flick

I know, right? What a compelling story. And how about Senior Chief? My favorite scene was when he interrogated Christo (Crisco?) laugh.gif

Using one's family to make one talk can be quite the leverage yes.gif

Lucky for Crisco (Cristo) compared to what he made Morales go thru.

Sorry for any spoilers

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 5 2012, 05:38 AM)
Red Sun...

Here's the film and it was pretty good, kind of like a poor man's Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I hadn't seen it for about 20 odd years.

Is Ursula nude in it? She should be.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2012, 01:53 AM)
Red Sun...

Well near enough, her boobs get a bit of air... biggrin.gif

Just seen...

Death Wish II

Never seen it before, but I know the music, a pal of mine had the Jimmy Page soundtrack album back in the day...

Paul Kersey must be the unluckiest guy in the world, wherever he goes in the country his family get raped and murdered, and his daughter must be hated by God, raped, beaten up, kidnapped twice and killed within four years. And every mugger featured must be the dumbest muggers on earth picking on a guy who looks like Charles Bronson...

spit6ph.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 5 2012, 05:51 PM)
Red Sun...

Just seen...

Death Wish II

Never seen it before, but I know the music, a pal of mine had the Jimmy Page soundtrack album back in the day...

Paul Kersey must be the unluckiest guy in the world, wherever he goes in the country his family get raped and murdered, and his daughter must be hated by God, raped, beaten up, kidnapped twice and killed within four years. And every mugger featured must be the dumbest muggers on earth picking on a guy who looks like Charles Bronson...

spit6ph.gif

Wasn't Lawrence Fishburne one of the gang members? I think he was wearing some funky shades in it.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2012, 04:00 AM)
Red Sun...

Just seen...

Death Wish II

spit6ph.gif

Wasn't Lawrence Fishburne one of the gang members? I think he was wearing some funky shades in it.

Yeah that was him, back when he was still acting like a street kid hoodlum, before he discovered the Matrix and became...Morpheus... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 5 2012, 06:14 PM)
Red Sun...

Just seen...

Death Wish II

spit6ph.gif

Yeah that was him, back when he was still acting like a street kid hoodlum, before he discovered the Matrix and became...Morpheus... ph34r.gif

Not a big fan of that Matrix shit. Go watch Fishburne in Cadence (starring Charlie Sheen + Martin Sheen; directed by Martin too). A different kind of military movie.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2012, 04:25 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 5 2012, 06:14 PM)
Red Sun...

Just seen...

Death Wish II

spit6ph.gif

Not a big fan of that Matrix shit. Go watch Fishburne in Cadence (starring Charlie Sheen + Martin Sheen; directed by Martin too). A different kind of military movie.

He was quite good in Event Horizon, ever see that? It's kind of a cross between Alien and the Abyss...