Paul Stanley Hated Caress Of Steel

HereAgain

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Oct 24 2011, 04:30 PM)
Paul probably didn't like it because it wasn't "commercial" enough!

Kiss was nothing more than a marketing ploy! In fact Gene is STILL marketing crap with their logo's and likenesses!

I had a friend play me Alive once and I thought it was a joke!

All that posing they did and the breathing fire and crazieness didn't lend well to a "live" album!

Marketing ploys aside, Kiss is FUN! I love 1970s Kiss. Simple, riff-ladened rock and roll!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HereAgain @ Oct 13 2011, 11:30 PM)
I think it's hilarious how Rush showed Paul Stanley the early tapes of Caress and he just couldn't get into it. Is this why Kiss attempted The Elder?

It's a dark album, that's for sure, A far cry from the dressed to kill album. Not very accessible, that's for sure. I can see why Paul Stanley was turned off by it. At least Paul told the truth that he didn't like it. That, I can respect...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 14 2011, 05:40 AM)
I don't blame him. The only songs I got initially were Bastille Day and Lakeside Park. It took me many, many years to grow to love Fountain. The remaining two songs I still don't like. It's definitely their weakest album from 1974-1987, but it's still 3/5ths of a great album.

Completely agree with the Goober on this!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Oct 24 2011, 03:30 PM)

Kiss was nothing more than a marketing ploy! In fact Gene is STILL marketing crap with their logo's and likenesses!

All that posing they did and the breathing fire and crazieness didn't lend well to a "live" album!

Kiss and their album Alive ! failed miserably.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 24 2011, 04:38 PM)

Kiss was nothing more than a marketing ploy!  In fact Gene is STILL marketing crap with their logo's and likenesses!

eyesre4.gif

Actually, I was surprised to learn that their label Casablanca was about to dump them as the 1st three LPs didn't sell well. Alive was made to be a double LP to fulfill their obligation to Casablanca in haste and move on.

It was my first exposure to hard rock guitars at the age of 10 when it came out. I love it to this day.

Diff'rent stokes I guess.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 24 2011, 04:38 PM)

eyesre4.gif

4M copies in the USA alone (and worldwide maybe other 4M), according to RIAA... epic fail laugh.gif

Edited by Alexmai