'The Avengers' assemble in a brand-new trailer!

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 23 2011, 10:55 PM)
I'd like Marvel to do a thousand films of each if they're good. I mean, hell, if James Bond can get that many films then so can (or deserve to have at least) any number of superheroes.

Oh, agreed - I'm just doubtful they can keep up the quality over a dozen, 15, 20 flicks. But yeah, if they did two or three films a year and they were good, I'd be a happy guy.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 24 2011, 07:41 PM)
Where'd you read about the 3 new characters in Avengers 2? I don't think they'd bring in the very cool Panther. I think many would think his powers are too similar to Cap's. Wonder Man would just be a super-strong man (but still weaker than Thor). If anything they would (or should) bring in Giant-Man and Wasp (for the size contrast)...or they'd do Ant-Man & Wasp (simply because it'd be 2 little people contrasting against regular-sized folks). The third could be some another long-time Avenger that's unlike the others: The Vision.

Ohhh... Vision and Scarlet Witch. They could do a number with those two, and as far as costuming goes, Wanda's a no-brainer. They'd have every male with a pulse in the theater at least once.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 25 2011, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 24 2011, 07:41 PM)
Where'd you read about the 3 new characters in Avengers 2? I don't think they'd bring in the very cool Panther. I think many would think his powers are too similar to Cap's. Wonder Man would just be a super-strong man (but still weaker than Thor). If anything they would (or should) bring in Giant-Man and Wasp (for the size contrast)...or they'd do Ant-Man & Wasp (simply because it'd be 2 little people contrasting against regular-sized folks). The third could be some another long-time Avenger that's unlike the others: The Vision.

Ohhh... Vision and Scarlet Witch. They could do a number with those two, and as far as costuming goes, Wanda's a no-brainer. They'd have every male with a pulse in the theater at least once.

As much as Vision and Scarlet Witch seem to go hand-in-hand, personally I could do without SW's (mutant) magic in a live-action Avengers film. I think Thor & his hammer is enough magic. Any more sorcery and the flick would be in the Harry Potter realm...which I could do without. I do think that a non-comic audience would be able to deal with a super-android that is Vision.

A film specifically about magic ala Dr. Strange is something else though. That I would be okay with.

duck-san, I can't imagine a Guardians film taking off. Marvel has had MANY plans in the past that never even came close to happening. A Human Torch tv show and an Iron Man tv show had been proposed as far back as the 80s.

As far as Herc or Sentry being possible new Avengers in the 2nd film, don't see that happening either. They wouldn't want Herc since he'd be another god (Thor's enough). And Sentry is too relatively new.

I wouldn't want her as one of those new Avengers in the 2nd film, but I could see her being put in due to her (likely) dynamic appearance on film & she's been around long enough: Tigra.

Oh yeah, I think I said in another thread way back but if they ever did a solo Ant-Man flick I think the way to do it would be as a comedy ala Pixar's The Incredibles. I mean, shit, how seriously can anyone take Ant-Man anyways? If he were to send a billion ants on Doctor Doom and his castle, jackshit would happen. So, they might as well milk Ant-Man for any comedic value he has. Oh, I'd go with the Scott Lang Ant-Man for that kind of flick, not Henry Pym.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

True about her being a mutant of course, but she hasn't been a member of the X-Men or even a solid supporting character in their corner of the universe. She's nearly always been an Avengers character. Quicksilver, on the other hand, spent enough time with X-Factor and as an Avenger that I think he can be counted for both. It's a longshot (Oh! Longshot! nah) but I wouldn't necessarily rule her out based solely on being Magneto's daughter.

Herc... not as long as they have Thor. Sentry... too relatively new, like Johnny said, but also too relatively lame. His story was pretty convoluted and tied up in larger Marvel Universe stuff, it might be hard to get him into an Avengers flick. Tigra... absolutely, that could work. Thinking of the work on Avatar, they could totally do a kick-ass looking Tigra.

Ant-Man as a comedy, yes (and agreed - with Scott, not Henry). I think audiences today wouldn't be able to take Ant-Man too seriously.

My prediction for Avengers 2... Ultron. If you do Ultron you can bring in Pym (not as Ant-Man necessarily), you can bring in Vision and that would be awesome - plus he's one of the team's oldest foes.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 25 2011, 09:36 PM)
True about her being a mutant of course, but she hasn't been a member of the X-Men or even a solid supporting character in their corner of the universe. She's nearly always been an Avengers character. Quicksilver, on the other hand, spent enough time with X-Factor and as an Avenger that I think he can be counted for both. It's a longshot (Oh! Longshot! nah) but I wouldn't necessarily rule her out based solely on being Magneto's daughter.

Herc... not as long as they have Thor. Sentry... too relatively new, like Johnny said, but also too relatively lame. His story was pretty convoluted and tied up in larger Marvel Universe stuff, it might be hard to get him into an Avengers flick. Tigra... absolutely, that could work. Thinking of the work on Avatar, they could totally do a kick-ass looking Tigra.

Ant-Man as a comedy, yes (and agreed - with Scott, not Henry). I think audiences today wouldn't be able to take Ant-Man too seriously.

My prediction for Avengers 2... Ultron. If you do Ultron you can bring in Pym (not as Ant-Man necessarily), you can bring in Vision and that would be awesome - plus he's one of the team's oldest foes.

Ultron was my prediction for Avengers 1 before the Thor and Cap movies came out. But knowing what happened in those 2 flicks now, I don't see Ultron being the villain this time. And yeah, by bringing him in would likely mean Vision & Pym.

But before we get all jacked up, we still have to see Avengers 1 no matter how many plans and phases the Marvel head honchos may boast about. Avengers 2 is a long long way away.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 25 2011, 05:55 AM)
duck-san, I can't imagine a Guardians film taking off. Marvel has had MANY plans in the past that never even came close to happening. A Human Torch tv show and an Iron Man tv show had been proposed as far back as the 80s.

As far as Herc or Sentry being possible new Avengers in the 2nd film, don't see that happening either. They wouldn't want Herc since he'd be another god (Thor's enough). And Sentry is too relatively new.

I wouldn't want her as one of those new Avengers in the 2nd film, but I could see her being put in due to her (likely) dynamic appearance on film & she's been around long enough: Tigra.

Oh yeah, I think I said in another thread way back but if they ever did a solo Ant-Man flick I think the way to do it would be as a comedy ala Pixar's The Incredibles. I mean, shit, how seriously can anyone take Ant-Man anyways? If he were to send a billion ants on Doctor Doom and his castle, jackshit would happen. So, they might as well milk Ant-Man for any comedic value he has. Oh, I'd go with the Scott Lang Ant-Man for that kind of flick, not Henry Pym.

I always hated Ant Man. His power is he can make himself smaller. Smaller = weaker, good plan!

And controlling insects? Against super villains? Maybe it'd work against normal people but surely would be just a pest to the kind of bad guys the Avengers face...

I don't like Giant Man either, his power is he can grow big? So he's a big guy with no other powers. That's weak. In fact growing to that huge size would likely make him weaker not stronger asit's unnatural for the human body design. All the guy did was grab people like the HULK and get smacked around anyway.

I like Hank Pym as a character but I only want to see him in an Avengers film if he's Yellowjacket. Or maybe just plain old Hank Pym, because his real power is his scientific genius. He'd need to be in if Ultron was going to feature.

The Inhumans is another one mentioned.

They need to do a proper Silver Surfer film and feature Galactus done properly. If they ever get a Surfer film series going ala Spider-Man, most of these characters need to be in there: Thanos, Terrax the Tamer, Morg the Executioner, Firelord, Mephisto, The Living Tribunal, Tyrant, Adam Warlock, Jack of Hearts, Quasar, Drax the Destroyer, Frankie Ray, The Fallen One, Lady Death, Air-Walker, Nebula, Stranger, Grandmaster, The Watcher, Oblivion, Eternity, Infinity, In-Betweener, Shaper of Worlds, Ego the Living Planet, The Collector, Mentor and many more!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2011, 04:20 AM)
I don't like Giant Man either, his power is he can grow big? So he's a big guy with no other powers. That's weak. In fact growing to that huge size would likely make him weaker not stronger asit's unnatural for the human body design. All the guy did was grab people like the HULK and get smacked around anyway.

Well, that's kind of the point of Giant-Man: his strength was only proportionate to his size. So yeah, he was never that powerful which was all part of his sense of inferiority (hence the original switch from Ant-Man to Giant Man). That's why he's one of the better flawed heroes----> He kept tweaking his costume/persona, building shit, f***ing up, etc.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 25 2011, 09:55 PM)

Well, that's kind of the point of Giant-Man: his strength was only proportionate to his size. So yeah, he was never that powerful which was all part of his sense of inferiority (hence the original switch from Ant-Man to Giant Man). That's why he's one of the better flawed heroes----> He kept tweaking his costume/persona, building shit, f***ing up, etc.

He always bored me as Giant Man...

Hank was much more interesting when he was Yellowjacket...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2011, 03:15 PM)

Well yeah, he got better as his character was developed. Creating Ultron and Vision also helped him to be a cooler character.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 26 2011, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 26 2011, 03:15 PM)

Well yeah, he got better as his character was developed. Creating Ultron and Vision also helped him to be a cooler character.

I used to have the issue where Pym first created Ultron. I think I was 13, maybe 14. Anyway, cool memory.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 11 2011, 06:12 PM)
I'm interested in it, despite not liking the Hulk movies and Thor.

I can see where you're coming from, although I didn't hate Thor. It wasn't stellar, but it was enjoyable enough.

The Hulk movies had great elements, but overall, not wonderful...sad, because the action in the first one rocked, and Ed Norton mad a great Banner in the second.

Meh.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 11 2011, 10:31 AM)
I gotta say, I'm a little burnt out on superhero movies...but...this...looks...GOOD!

I'm a lot burned out, and this looks way too busy for me. Too much action literally puts me to sleep.

Now, off to finally watch the Rise of the Apes movie I rented today...