Storm Corrosion

Gompers

QUOTE (adace1 @ Mar 8 2012, 08:09 PM)
I wonder when we're gonna get a sample of this. I seriously can't wait.

goodpost.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 8 2012, 08:09 PM)
I'm surprised how little attention this project is getting. Their were 3 songs and short samples of every track released for Grace For Drowning before its release and we don't even a single sample.

Probably because they aren't going to tour for it. Requires less hype.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Mar 8 2012, 08:33 PM)
I'm surprised how little attention this project is getting. Their were 3 songs and short samples of every track released for Grace For Drowning before its release and we don't even a single sample.

Good point, but they still want to sell albums. I'd think they'd do a little more promotion to get people more enthusiastic. Just one 30 second sample would be enough.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 8 2012, 08:36 PM)

Good point, but they still want to sell albums. I'd think they'd do a little more promotion to get people more enthusiastic. Just one 30 second sample would be enough.

I think they pretty much know who will be interested. Not too many outside their mutual fan-base will buy it.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Mar 8 2012, 08:41 PM)

I think they pretty much know who will be interested. Not too many outside their mutual fan-base will buy it.

True. I know I'll buy it!

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 8 2012, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (tjtull @ Mar 8 2012, 08:41 PM)

True. I know I'll buy it!

trink39.gif me too, I'm all over it!!

I also think the lack of samples or preview songs has a lot to do with both SW and MA's affinity with the way music releases were back in the 70s--people rarely heard anything (besides maybe a single) from new albums until they were released. I know--what a foreign concept in the internet age!!!

I just want to know when I can preorder the vinyl.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Mar 8 2012, 10:19 PM)
I also think the lack of samples or preview songs has a lot to do with both SW and MA's affinity with the way music releases were back in the 70s--people rarely heard anything (besides maybe a single) from new albums until they were released. I know--what a foreign concept in the internet age!!!

I just want to know when I can preorder the vinyl.

Good thinking goodpost.gif

I cannot wait for this. I am expecting something insane, and I'm almost positive it will be album of the year.

I've been trying to pre-order for 30 minutes! I tried doing it by registering, but it takes me back to the register page. Then, I tried to buy as a guest. Same thing! Grrrrr.... comp26.gif It won't take me to the page to pay for the damn thing and finalize the order.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 9 2012, 08:08 PM)
Love the cover!
http://starsdie.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/storm-corrosion-large.jpg

goodpost.gif

This reminds me of something I'd see in an art museum in NYC. I'm really digging the cover art. Any idea who's responsible for the work? Definitely can't be Lasse Hoile. Maybe it was done by Travis Smith? Looks more like an Opeth cover than any Steven Wilson related cover art for sure.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Mar 9 2012, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 9 2012, 08:08 PM)
Love the cover!
http://starsdie.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/storm-corrosion-large.jpg

goodpost.gif

This reminds me of something I'd see in an art museum in NYC. I'm really digging the cover art. Any idea who's responsible for the work? Definitely can't be Lasse Hoile. Maybe it was done by Travis Smith? Looks more like an Opeth cover than any Steven Wilson related cover art for sure.

There's no mention of an album artist anywhere. I thought it was Travis Smith as well but I'm only familiar with his covers for Opeth.