Storm Corrosion

Gompers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing they're not going to release any samples becuase they want people to actually buy it without expecting what it's gonna sound like even though they described how it sounds. I dunno, that's my guess, but I could be wrong.

It's unfortunate that the album's pushed back to May 7th, but a lot of anticipated records are coming out in May like the new Rush album among others, so that could be a reason for the delay, or maybe they want to avoid a pressing error that'll cause further delays which have plagued a lot of Steven's recent releases as of late (ex. the No-Man live CD/Vinyl/Blu-Ray)

I really haven't been paying much attention to the news about this new project. I guess I'll just have to order the CD to hear what it's all about, eh?

Here's a new video interview, although only Mikael talks and that it's about the release and touring of Heritage. The only significance of the video is that there's a brief snippet of audio which has to be from the album. The sample was pretty orchestral.

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-video...storm-corrosion

If anyone is contemplating preordering the vinyl edition, you better make up your mind real soon cause copies are going away real fast! Just preordered mine, and went with the CD/BluRay/Vinyl combo.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Mar 30 2012, 06:50 AM)
If anyone is contemplating preordering the vinyl edition, you better make up your mind real soon cause copies are going away real fast! Just preordered mine, and went with the CD/BluRay/Vinyl combo.

Already ordered biggrin.gif

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 30 2012, 08:13 AM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Mar 30 2012, 06:50 AM)

All ready ordered biggrin.gif

+1 trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 30 2012, 07:35 PM)
So is anyone else pissing their pants waiting for this?

It's not out till May 7...

It's a way off yet boyo...

trink36.gif

Well even then I is pissin myself.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/st...xclusive-video/

Part 2 of the Storm Corrosion interview that was on the Guitar World website. Even though this part of the interview still had nothing to do with the project itself, I found this quote by Steven to be interesting yet a bit alarming regarding his solo project and what it means for the future of PT.

"Arguably it could be the most important thing I will do now for the rest of my career."

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 30 2012, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 30 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 30 2012, 07:35 PM)
So is anyone else pissing their pants waiting for this?

It's not out till May 7...

It's a way off yet boyo...

trink36.gif

Well even then I is pissin myself.

Aye...

1022.gif

trink38.gif

I hope I like it more than either one of the last two SW solo records. They're fine and all, but it's nothing too exciting to me. While it's different tonally, it's a return to that atmospheric and ambient era of PT. Just not my thing. My favorite two cuts on Grace For Drowing are Postcard and No Part Of Me, so that gives you a sense of what I enjoy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:15 PM)
Look what I found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR2rLhgd_mk
Edited by Gompers