i'm going to go postal

hughes&kettner

if freaking Guns and Roses gets into the rock n roll hall of fame, before RUSH...i know the RR HOF is a joke and we all see the irony of the BEST rock band ever not being inducted, but guns and roses?? how about the cure??and who the bloddy hell are: he small faces? (they even changed their name to just: "the faces"... wtf.gif

i have never been so proud to be a cleveland native when they announced the time machine tour filming- but this new set of inductees for the rock hall makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 27 2011, 10:15 AM)
if freaking Guns and Roses gets into the rock n roll hall of fame, before RUSH...i know the RR HOF is a joke and we all see the irony of the BEST rock band ever not being inducted, but guns and roses?? how about the cure??and who the bloddy hell are: he small faces? (they even changed their name to just: "the faces"... wtf.gif
i have never been so proud to be a cleveland native when they announced the time machine tour filming- but this new set of inductees for the rock hall makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif
goodpost.gif

The Small Faces were superb. To quote Allmusic, "the best English band never to hit it big in America".

Everyone should own at least one compilation and Odgen's Nut Gone Flake.

Band members:

Steve Marriott - later of Humble Pie.

Ronnie Lane - subsequently of The Faces and Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance. He also recorded the superb Rough Mix with Pete Townsend.

Kenney Jones - joined The Who after Keith passed away.

Ian Maclagan - The Faces, solo artist and sessioner extraordinaire, he's played with Springsteen, Dylan, Jackson Browne and loads more.

Fully deserving of their place in the RRHOF, not that it matters, that their body of work is still appreciated by thousands of people is reward in itself.

Once again the RRHOF Nominating Committee takes a big steaming dump on Rush, Yes, The Moody Blues, King Crimson, ELP, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull and progressive rock in general; i.e. bands that deserve to be in more than most groups already inducted.

What a pathetic group of f*cking losers.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 07:15 AM)
Once again the RRHOF Nominating Committee takes a big steaming dump on Rush, Yes, The Moody Blues, King Crimson, ELP, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull and progressive rock in general; i.e. bands that deserve to be in more than most groups already inducted.

What a pathetic group of f*cking losers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/ThumbsUp.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 27 2011, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 27 2011, 08:10 AM)
The best way to show your disapproval of the RRHOF is to ignore them.

yes.gif

Oh yes, they're hanging out in Ohio shaking in their boots because we're IGNORING them. What a great idea.

The problem with self-righteous people, like those on the nominating committee who continue to ignore great music (that's actually ROCK and ROLL), is that no matter what you do or don't do, you're barely a blip on their radar screen. They just assume they're right and fly home to their Beverly Hills mansions thinking they're God's gift to the earth.

They don't know that they have shitty taste in music, and no matter what you do, they'll still shit over people with good taste. Ignore them, fine, but I'd rather throw a good healthy F*CK YOU at them from time to time. They won't care, but at least it helps me feel good...

... and F*CK them!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 27 2011, 10:14 AM)
In my very humble opinion, yes. I still adore Rush with every fibre of my being, but The Small Faces should have been in this hallowed hall from the start.

But, the RRHOF is a crock of shit, so it's really not that important.

Agreed on both points

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 01:18 PM)

yes.gif

Oh yes, they're hanging out in Ohio shaking in their boots because we're IGNORING them. What a great idea.

The problem with self-righteous people, like those on the nominating committee who continue to ignore great music (that's actually ROCK and ROLL), is that no matter what you do or don't do, you're barely a blip on their radar screen. They just assume they're right and fly home to their Beverly Hills mansions thinking they're God's gift to the earth.

They don't know that they have shitty taste in music, and no matter what you do, they'll still shit over people with good taste. Ignore them, fine, but I'd rather throw a good healthy F*CK YOU at them from time to time. They won't care, but at least it helps me feel good...

... and F*CK them!

Alrighty then..... cool.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 27 2011, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 01:18 PM)

yes.gif

... and F*CK them!

Alrighty then..... cool.gif

And did I happen to mention F*CK YOU! to the RRHOF Nominating Committee? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

Now Rush should be in period. But the Small Faces and the Faces for that matter were great rock & roll bands and deserve to be in more than a lot of the current members. And they should be in ahead of Rush as they were around a lot sooner. What took so long for them to get in? They should have been in years ago - just ahead of Rush.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 27 2011, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Sep 27 2011, 10:15 AM)
if freaking Guns and Roses gets into the rock n roll hall of fame, before RUSH...i know the RR HOF is a joke and we all see the irony of the BEST rock band ever not being inducted, but guns and roses??  how about the cure??and who the bloddy hell are:  he small faces? (they even changed their name to just: "the faces"... wtf.gif
i have never been so proud to be a cleveland native when they announced the time machine tour filming- but this new set of inductees for the rock hall makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif
goodpost.gif

The Small Faces were superb. To quote Allmusic, "the best English band never to hit it big in America".

Everyone should own at least one compilation and Odgen's Nut Gone Flake.

Band members:

Steve Marriott - later of Humble Pie.

Ronnie Lane - subsequently of The Faces and Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance. He also recorded the superb Rough Mix with Pete Townsend.

Kenney Jones - joined The Who after Keith passed away.

Ian Maclagan - The Faces, solo artist and sessioner extraordinaire, he's played with Springsteen, Dylan, Jackson Browne and loads more.

Fully deserving of their place in the RRHOF, not that it matters, that their body of work is still appreciated by thousands of people is reward in itself.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 12:18 PM)

yes.gif

... and F*CK them!

If nobody ever visited that piss stain of a museum, yes, it would bother those elitist f*cks.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 27 2011, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 27 2011, 12:18 PM)

yes.gif

... and F*CK them!

If nobody ever visited that piss stain of a museum, yes, it would bother those elitist f*cks.

And THAT'S the key here.....do NOT step foot in the place or spend one red cent until Rush and the other deserving bands get in.

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Sep 27 2011, 03:43 PM)
Donna Summer... 5 grammy awards, 17 nominations and she got her chops by singing backup for Three Dog Night, what is the complaint?

Kiss -100 million albums sold

Iron Maiden -80 million albums sold

Rush -35 million albums sold

Deep Purple 40 million albums sold

There ya have it..........