Terra nova

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 26 2011, 10:25 PM)
We watched, it was ok... about what I expected. I like their reasoning on how they could go back in time and not mess everything up in the future. wacko.gif

oh really so they DID take that into account. I tried to DVR it, but it fooled me into thinking I was gonna get it, but American Pickers AND 2 and a half men got dvr'ed

how'd they explain it away?

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 26 2011, 09:45 PM)
I watched it....

I thought, "This has great potential!"

It was horrid in my opinion. Cool idea, lousy production. No character development whatsoever. A weird storyline. Lousy writing. This had such great potential. I do not see this lasting.

Yeah, gotta agree there.

Bob, they found a fracture in time and sent a probe in. They never got a signal from the probe so they knew they were on a different timeline altogether. As such, they were safe and would not affect the development of the human race.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 26 2011, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 26 2011, 09:45 PM)
I watched it....

I thought, "This has great potential!"

It was horrid in my opinion.  Cool idea, lousy production.  No character development whatsoever.  A weird storyline.  Lousy writing.  This had such great potential.  I do not see this lasting.

Yeah, gotta agree there.

Bob, they found a fracture in time and sent a probe in. They never got a signal from the probe so they knew they were on a different timeline altogether. As such, they were safe and would not affect the development of the human race.

or the development of a fanbase or their show either..lol

OK clever....hmmm damn clever I still wish I'd had a chance to see it though

real sucker for sci fi here.

There was potential - kinda like Lost or something, but Lost did a great job of grabbing you right away. The Event turned me off immediately, but I might watch this one for a couple more weeks... just to see if it gets better.

God, what a waste of two hours! Cliched hackneyed crap.

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 28 2011, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2011, 05:31 PM)

Wow..you stayed the whole time?? tongue.gif

laugh.gif Call me optimistic. I kept hoping that it'd get better. I was intrigued by the stuff scribbled on the rocks and thought they were gonna go with a "crash-landed/stranded aliens" plot point which might have been cool.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2011, 12:27 PM)

laugh.gif Call me optimistic. I kept hoping that it'd get better. I was intrigued by the stuff scribbled on the rocks and thought they were gonna go with a "crash-landed/stranded aliens" plot point which might have been cool.

Yeah - I agree. That's why I will probably watch for a week or 2 just to see if it gets any better. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty terrible, but I'm willing to give it a another look or 2.

One show I liked that got cut short was Flash Forward.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2011, 01:27 PM)

I don't know why but I get immediately turned off when there's a family with little kids and then you throw in the "teenage son pissed at his father" cliche and I just can't stand it.

QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 28 2011, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 28 2011, 01:27 PM)

I don't know why but I get immediately turned off when there's a family with little kids and then you throw in the "teenage son pissed at his father" cliche and I just can't stand it.

Yep, me too, it's been done to death.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 28 2011, 06:47 PM)
Damn, it starts here this week and I thought it might be good.

I'll give it a miss. Thanks for saving my time!

Now that old man Tony R has finally deigned to give his views on the subject I can lay the matter to rest, breathe a sigh of relief and finally get some sleep at night again...

tongue.gif

It's entertaining, but really, really stupid. It's a Sci-Fi fan's Jersey Shore.

It lost me completely when the kids went to swim in the river. There's no way in hell that they'd ever be able to do that without dying by way of either parasites, bacteria, or the large, hungry things that lived in the water at the time.

Realistically, they shouldn't even be able to walk around outside the compound without suits lest they be devoured by huge insects (the mosquitoes alone would have killed people).

This show should be "Walking With Dinosaurs" with people trying to survive in it.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 5 2011, 08:04 AM)
I watched it again on Monday and it was even worse. Add the previews for next week in and I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Angry Birds!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 5 2011, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 5 2011, 08:04 AM)
I watched it again on Monday and it was even worse. Add the previews for next week in and I'm pretty sure I'm done.

Angry Birds!

LOL!

What drew me to Lost, and is drawing me away from this show is in Lost, there was amazing character development, and they didn't face a problem and solve it every episode. Terra Nova is a Lost wanna-be show that reads like McGyver. One problem, one solution each show.... just doesn't work with the concept.

Hell, I can even let go of reality and enjoy the show knowing the bugs and bacterias and crap would be no match for these sick, weak people traveling back in time if the rest of it was good.