Nightwish

physics23

So according to early reports from the Finnish press listen today, the first disc is diverse and full of world music inspired songs, and heavy, with a huge focus on Emppu's guitar. Apparently, I can't tell exactly as Google translate is awkward, it appears the first disc, Human, lacks the orchestra we know and love.

The second disc, Nature, is it seems a 35 minute instrumental, with all the orchestra we could possibly want. I look forward to English reports, but that's what it looks to be. And the response from the audience was apparently overwhelmingly positive.

First single, Noise, is a highly rated song.

Can't wait!

I hope that translation is off because I would say no thank you to a 35 minute instrumental from pretty much any band. Seems like a waste of Floor's vocal talent as well.

"So, Tuomas, you have the most talented singer in the world. Her performances both live and in the studio have been meet with high praise by fans. What do you have planned next for Nightwish?"

"A 35 minute instrumental actually"

The interviewer looks at Tuomas dumbfounded and slowly gets up and walks away lol.

That's kinda rock n roll though

Oh, I don't know. The idea kind of interests me. Looking forward to it.

Same. As good as Floor is, I'm a much bigger fan of Nightwish because of Tuomas as a songwriter. The selling point for fans is the music, not Floor.

I can't wait to hear this!

• Like 1

I hope that translation is off because I would say no thank you to a 35 minute instrumental from pretty much any band. Seems like a waste of Floor's vocal talent”

That’s pretty much how I felt about Endless Forms Most Beautiful, with the exception of a few songs. Most of the album I felt had some great moments musically, but where they took those same moments left me dumbfounded at times. A couple of the songs, like Greatest Show on Earth, did grow on me after a while, however. And I really feel like they didn’t use Floor to her full potential on that album either. I hope Tuomas doesn’t make that same mistake with Hvman : Natvre.

Nightwish is still my favorite band after all of these years. But I’m just not as excited for this album as I have been in the past. I dunno. Maybe I’m kinda jaded after my disappointment with EFMB?

I’m actually OK with the second disc being a 35 minute long orchestral track, if true, because I’ve always wanted to hear what Tuomas could do if he were composing for a film. I liked his solo album, but I’m curious to hear what he can do if he’s utilizing the talents of Emppu, Marco, and Kai as his backing band for the score.

Edited by kazzman
  • Like 1

I hope that translation is off because I would say no thank you to a 35 minute instrumental from pretty much any band. Seems like a waste of Floor's vocal talent”

That’s pretty much how I felt about Endless Forms Most Beautiful, with the exception of a few songs. Most of the album I felt had some great moments musically, but where they took those same moments left me dumbfounded at times. A couple of the songs, like Greatest Show on Earth, did grow on me after a while, however. And I really feel like they didn’t use Floor to her full potential on that album either. I hope Tuomas doesn’t make that same mistake with Hvman : Natvre.

Nightwish is still my favorite band after all of these years. But I’m just not as excited for this album as I have been in the past. I dunno. Maybe I’m kinda jaded after my disappointment with EFMB?

I’m actually OK with the second disc being a 35 minute long orchestral track, if true, because I’ve always wanted to hear what Tuomas could do if he were composing for a film. I liked his solo album, but I’m curious to hear what he can do if he’s utilizing the talents of Emppu, Marco, and Kai as his backing band for the score.

At this point, Nightwish are my favourite band. Gosh I'm excited, but I don't really care what the albums like, if it's terrible it won't taint their past work.

But I think it will be another great album.

EFMB is my second favourite album of all time.

• Like 1

I think Floor's voice might get used better on this album. It's like how Annette played it more safe on DPP but then opened it up a little more on Imaginerum. I've read in interviews that Tuomas allows Floor to do vocally what she thinks fits best. If they used Floor vocally to her full potential right away then that really leaves her with nowhere new to go on future albums. It's probably best that she just does what's best for the song instead of being "hey, look what I can do!" all the time.

• Like 1

I think Floor's voice might get used better on this album. It's like how Annette played it more safe on DPP but then opened it up a little more on Imaginerum. I've read in interviews that Tuomas allows Floor to do vocally what she thinks fits best. If they used Floor vocally to her full potential right away then that really leaves her with nowhere new to go on future albums. It's probably best that she just does what's best for the song instead of being "hey, look what I can do!" all the time.

That’s fair. And I fully respect those decisions as a songwriter. I think part of it for me was the excitement that “the old Nightwish is back” when Floor came into the fold full time so I had already set the bar incredibly high for myself.

That’s fair. And I fully respect those decisions as a songwriter. I think part of it for me was the excitement that “the old Nightwish is back” when Floor came into the fold full time so I had already set the bar incredibly high for myself.

I think it was a frustratingly foolish mistake for so many fans to assume "the old Nightwish was back".

Nightwish don't look backwards, they move forwards. There is no need to repeat what's already been done.

• Like 1

New article from the press reveal, in English, including an interview with Floor and Marko and a very brief clip of lead single, Noise.

https://www.impe.fi/...ftMJ0vlUTn9GIN4

Already read! Fuels my excitement even further

New article from the press reveal, in English, including an interview with Floor and Marko and a very brief clip of lead single, Noise.

Nice review. It sounds like what they've done for the last couple albums. Branching out their sound but ultimately still sounding like Nightwish. That 34 minute instrumental might be something nice to put on in the background at work or while doing things around the house.

• Like 1

Nice review. It sounds like what they've done for the last couple albums. Branching out their sound but ultimately still sounding like Nightwish. That 34 minute instrumental might be something nice to put on in the background at work or while doing things around the house.

Exactly, and the first disc sounds like it's going to be insane vocally!

The new single has leaked.

I'm going to say, I love it. It has killer vocals, a less melodic, but very forceful chorus, terrific lyrics, the song sounds like the band is working together, the orchestral elements are background. The second half of the song is HUGE and the vocals...Floor uses all elements of her range, and it's stunning.

Getting serious After Forever vibes, you can tell she's practiced and rehearsed this melody to capture the best of her talent (Tuomas leaves her a lot of creative freedom). The band though...gosh...I love it.

Good to see you here again? Its been a while.

The new Nightwish video is powerful. Not sure how to embed it:

There is some real social commentary going on here, and I love it

The new Nightwish video is powerful. Not sure how to embed it:

There is some real social commentary going on here, and I love it

Take the "s" out of the "https" in the link and the video will embed. It's been that way on this site for a long time. I'm not much of a computer guy, so I have no clue why that is?

As for the song, I like it. Just like many people I spend a lot of time on my phone but it's usually when I'm posting on here or just sitting around doing nothing. When I am out doing something, I don't have it out for the most part.

I think the final scene in the video is very powerful. The person was born and lived enslaved to their device and never saw the beauty of the world that was just right there in front of them.

I can almost hear Tuomas saying: "No, Emppu, you will not play a guitar solo. Restrain that man!!" :LOL:

I think I'll probably like the song more when I hear it in context on the album.

I feel this way with all their lead singles. I was underwhelmed by Elan, but the album ended up my second favourite album of all time. I thought Storytime was great but nothing DPP didn't already do extremely well. Imaginaerum ended up quite unlike anything else they have ever done.

Eva was the first released song from DPP and that ended up not representing the album at all.

New single Harvest is out, and I absolutely love it. It's their folk side again, with Troy upfront. Really beautiful, the drumming stands out especially.

New single Harvest is out, and I absolutely love it. It's their folk side again, with Troy upfront. Really beautiful, the drumming stands out especially.

After Noise being basically stock Nightwish this was refreshing. folk......toto like drum vibe.

i love it.

Mick