Nightwish

physics23

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I saw this on Facebook. It's awful, but she said she has fantastic chances.

Scary thing to have to go through though.

37 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They will release an album next year but they won't be touring for it. I wonder if losing Marco was too big of a blow and Tuomas may be thinking about ending the band.

https://www.nightwish.com/news/nightwish-new-album-coming-out-2024

Plus doesn't Floor have a solo album out?  Thats another sign of things changing.  I thought I saw a video that was released for a song she did for a solo album.

59 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Plus doesn't Floor have a solo album out?  Thats another sign of things changing.  I thought I saw a video that was released for a song she did for a solo album.

The album is out. It's more mellow and pop oriented but all the songs got some really catchy melodies. Not much to it musically. The songs are carried by Floor's vocals. At 38 minutes, I find it an enjoyable and easy listen. Tuomas and Troy also have a folk rock band called Auri with Tuomas's wife on lead vocals. I think saying this far out that they won't be touring is a telling sign that their future is very much up in the air.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The album is out. It's more mellow and pop oriented but all the songs got some really catchy melodies. Not much to it musically. The songs are carried by Floor's vocals. At 38 minutes, I find it an enjoyable and easy listen. Tuomas and Troy also have a folk rock band called Auri with Tuomas's wife on lead vocals. I think saying this far out that they won't be touring is a telling sign that their future is very much up in the air.

I will have to check out Floors album.  I also had no idea that Troy and Thomas had a side project.  Thomas's wife on vocals?  That sounds....interesting.  More music I will have to check out.  Did not know about it.  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

They will release an album next year but they won't be touring for it. I wonder if losing Marco was too big of a blow and Tuomas may be thinking about ending the band.

https://www.nightwish.com/news/nightwish-new-album-coming-out-2024

Doesn't help that he's going on tour with Tarja.

Something has changed within Nightwish, and it's not the lineup. It's the vibe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

will how messed up the band sounds i can only think the new album will be a shit show.

And Human nature was no prize anyway.

Mick

I'm not sure what to expect. Nightwish Remain one of my top favourite bands, but at this point it feels more nostalgia than what it is they are currently.

• Like 2