Clockwork Angels

FeelingUnlimited

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 27 2011, 01:12 AM)
QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 27 2011, 12:55 AM)
You know you're in the wrong when not a single person agrees with or defends you.

In what what way "Goober" please "enlighten" me. I'm sure Jesus is watching and frowning upon Peart...

Fine, Terrapin. We all get it. Save the religious talk for SOCN.

If you ever get in, of course. I wouldn't let you in based on what I've seen of your posting and attitude so far.

What?

Are you kidding me? That goober thing initiated the religious tone to the thread. I simply responded.

HE brought religion into the discussion, appertaining specifically, to his dislike of BU2B due to his religious persuasion.

If he is unable to accept comments based upon his highly emotive statements, then he needs to grow up.

Simple as that...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 08:30 PM)
You know you're in the wrong when not a single person agrees with or defends you.

In what what way "Goober" please "enlighten" me. I'm sure Jesus is watching and frowning upon Peart...

If you ever get in, of course. I wouldn't let you in based on what I've seen of your posting and attitude so far.

What?

Are you kidding me? That goober thing initiated the religious tone to the thread. I simply responded.

HE brought religion into the discussion, appertaining specifically, to his dislike of BU2B due to his religious persuasion.

If he is unable to accept comments based upon his highly emotive statements, then he needs to grow up.

Simple as that...

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction a reaction that completely blows the initial action out of proportion and destroys any chance of having a civil discussion.

I dub thee: Law of Terrapin.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:33 PM)
Great, a thread that was once discussing Clockwork Angels in a civil matter is going off the rails on a crazy train. Shame, where's 73 with water to put out this flame?

http://www.glogster.com/media/5/25/95/5/25950591.jpg

Nice rhyme, by the way.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 07:30 PM)
Oh dear, We really have have some religious nuts here that are ACTUALLY offended by Peart's lyrics...

How hilarious!

Pretty much sums it up really. Your "faith" is so weak that lyrics from a musician you will never meet can cause SO much vitriol and an irrational, almost deranged sense of defensiveness...

Peart states that he is "Faithless" and then the brainwashed cattle start posting en masse.

Keep it coming, loving the entertainment!

Here's one: "A terrapin walks into a church full of "Believers"...

Terrapin, welcome to the board.

You're new here (or, maybe not so new), so here are the ground rules as far as religious discussion: Discussion of politics and religion is not permitted outside of Sense O'Clock News, our politics section. Any discussion of Neil's lyrics in the Rush section that pertain to religion should focus on his lyrics, not about YOUR personal religious beliefs.

So, now you know. So far you seem to be getting off on telling people their beliefs are wrong, and if that's why you joined here -- to bash the religious folk -- you might want to rethink that.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 08:35 PM)
Great, a thread that was once discussing Clockwork Angels in a civil matter is going off the rails on a crazy train. Shame, where's 73 with water to put out this flame?

Nice rhyme, by the way.

Haha, completely unintentional. It's funny how things work out like that.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 26 2011, 09:33 PM)

Where was I? Dunno, no one brought this thread to my attention. I happened to stumble on it just now.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 27 2011, 01:35 AM)

Nice rhyme, by the way.

"Law"

No law here... Just trying to get my head around certain religious ideals...

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 26 2011, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 08:35 PM)

Nice rhyme, by the way.

Haha, completely unintentional. It's funny how things work out like that.

Could it be some kind of intervention?!?!?! unsure.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 26 2011, 05:29 PM)
QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 04:55 PM)

Like Galileo ?

Are you implying that not a single person ever agreed with Galileo?

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys that therefore no one agrees with him ?

There's been no planes flying into the New York skyline therefore the Patriot Act must be working.

eyesre4.gif

As a man of faith myself (I'm a devout Atheist) I have no issue with Peart's lyrics.

trink39.gif

Terrapin keeps saying "we" when referring to stuff no one has even backed him on. Whether anyone agrees with him or not is another issue. Publicly no one has laughed at me or mocked me but Terrapin has determined that everyone has.

Get it?

I missed the part where he said that "everyone" has mocked you.

It's obviously just as presumptious as saying that "no one" agrees with him just because they haven't posted as such.

Oh well, let the beathorse.gif continue

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 09:39 PM)

Nice rhyme, by the way.

"Law"

Good luck with that.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 06:30 PM)

What?

Simple as that...

eyesre4.gif

anyway, in more important news, bacon is delicious. yes.gif drool1.gif

http://blogchef.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/crispy_bacon_1.jpg

QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 09:41 PM)

Like Galileo ?

Are you saying that because Terrapin is an argument with a couple of other guys that therefore no one agrees with him ?

There's been no planes flying into the New York skyline therefore the Patriot Act must be working.

eyesre4.gif

As a man of faith myself (I'm a devout Atheist) I have no issue with Peart's lyrics.

trink39.gif

Terrapin keeps saying "we" when referring to stuff no one has even backed him on. Whether anyone agrees with him or not is another issue. Publicly no one has laughed at me or mocked me but Terrapin has determined that everyone has.

Get it?

It's obviously just as presumptious as saying that "no one" agrees with him just because they haven't posted as such.

"Hey Tick,

Please, supply us with more of these laugh-a-minute "Lyrics"

We've laughed at your previous contribution for several days now and we're getting bored. Please provide us with your latest installment of comedy rhymes!

I'm sure God loves your Lyrics and he wants us all to have a good laugh!"

Seems like that should make it clearer for ya.

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 26 2011, 08:39 PM)

Nice rhyme, by the way.

"Law"

You mean in spite of your obvious inability to?

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 26 2011, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (toscanobarga @ Sep 26 2011, 09:41 PM)

Like Galileo ?

eyesre4.gif

trink39.gif

Get it?

"Hey Tick,

Please, supply us with more of these laugh-a-minute "Lyrics"

We've laughed at your previous contribution for several days now and we're getting bored. Please provide us with your latest installment of comedy rhymes!

I'm sure God loves your Lyrics and he wants us all to have a good laugh!"

Seems like that should make it clearer for ya.

You got "everyone is mocking you" out of that ?

Maybe you should get him to answer who the "we" and "us all" are before making the massive leap of logic that he was alluding to "everyone".

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:39 PM)

Where was I? Dunno, no one brought this thread to my attention. I happened to stumble on it just now.

Yeah, you stumbled onto it at about the same time I did. I'm surprised no one reported it beforehand.

ok, sorry, not to belabor the point, but maybe if we all just got together and shared some yummy bacon, all our other petty differences would fall away and the world would be a much happier place.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2900000/epic-bacon-delicious-bacon-2972780-600-449.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uSfjomtgdy4/TTOt3RXspzI/AAAAAAAAIDw/qz3bc0YlmKE/s1600/bacon+world+peace.jpg

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:56 PM)

Yeah, you stumbled onto it at about the same time I did. I'm surprised no one reported it beforehand.

Who on earth would want to get rid of their evening entertainment?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 26 2011, 09:37 PM)
Oh dear, We really have have some religious nuts here that are ACTUALLY offended by Peart's lyrics...

How hilarious!

Pretty much sums it up really. Your "faith" is so weak that lyrics from a musician you will never meet can cause SO much vitriol and an irrational, almost deranged sense of defensiveness...

Peart states that he is "Faithless" and then the brainwashed cattle start posting en masse.

You're new here (or, maybe not so new), so here are the ground rules as far as religious discussion: Discussion of politics and religion is not permitted outside of Sense O'Clock News, our politics section. Any discussion of Neil's lyrics in the Rush section that pertain to religion should focus on his lyrics, not about YOUR personal religious beliefs.

So, now you know. So far you seem to be getting off on telling people their beliefs are wrong, and if that's why you joined here -- to bash the religious folk -- you might want to rethink that.

Bump for Terrapin. Even though he's been here since '07, he's got less than 50 posts and probably doesn't know the deal, and my little post there may have gotten buried right after I posted it.

I'm closing this for 10 minutes to stop the bleeding a bit, then I'll reopen it.

In the meantime, everyone go get a drink and relax.

EDIT: I saw Terrapin was in the act of posting, and I wanted to see what he had to say (fun!), so I reopened it.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 26 2011, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:56 PM)

Who on earth would want to get rid of their evening entertainment?

laugh.gif

exactly! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2011, 01:37 AM)

How hilarious!

No, 100-0-01010-000 or whatever you call yourself, I do not "Get Off" as you so eloquently put it, on "Bashing" the religious beliefs of others.

Perhaps you "Get Off" as a cyber control freak?

I have simply responded to the arrogance of various posters, regarding Pearts views on religion, appertaining specifically to degrading posts/comments that have initiated my comments and personal opinions...

You really need to read through them, 101001001--010, as your reply was an obvious, knee-jerk reaction.

You have my email address, please get in touch...