Rush Signs with Roadrunner Records

Jag2112

"The first release from Rush through this deal will be various live configurations, recorded during their highly successful Time Machine tour that wrapped earlier this summer. Details of the release will be revealed in the coming weeks."

Hmm... what does "various live configurations" mean?

I'm not really familiar with Roadrunner as I'm not a metal fan. But if the move is a good thing for the Boyz then I'm pleased for them. It won't matter as far as my buying their music.

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Sep 1 2011, 04:02 PM)
a guy that my dad works with said he heard on the radio that they were releasing a live album recorded in 79' (permanent waves or moving pictures tour.

Hello everybody!

My first post here...

I'm Alessandro from Rome, Italy.

I'm curious about this rumor about a new CD live from 1979. Since there's a forthcoming live album from 1974, will they be from the same publisher (ABC, I think)?

Thank you

Alex

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 2 2011, 05:49 AM)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW LIVE ALBUM. FOR MY CAR. YES. YESSSSSSSS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smile.gif

Wow, your car is a Rush Fan. wink.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Sep 2 2011, 08:34 AM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Sep 1 2011, 04:02 PM)
a guy that my dad works with said he heard on the radio that they were releasing a live album recorded in 79' (permanent waves or moving pictures tour.

Hello everybody!

My first post here...

I'm Alessandro from Rome, Italy.

I'm curious about this rumor about a new CD live from 1979. Since there's a forthcoming live album from 1974, will they be from the same publisher (ABC, I think)?

Thank you

Alex

Ciao Alexmai!

Welcome to TRF!! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Sep 1 2011, 05:02 PM)

sounds legit.

To be honest, at this point in the guys career, I don't think they would have signed a deal that didn't allow them almost total freedom. Any stipulation regarding the number of albums they must release will easily be filled with Live Releases and "Best Of" releases.

In other words, I don't expect any major changes.

I wonder if any of the delays in recording CA were due to their label change. Did they want to wait until this deal was done before they continued? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 4 2011, 07:08 PM)
I wonder if any of the delays in recording CA were due to their label change. Did they want to wait until this deal was done before they continued? confused13.gif

They owe CA to their current label. It's part of their contract.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 4 2011, 08:06 PM)
From what I understand roadrunner records is part of Atlantic, so tgats not a big deal. I'm curious to see if we do get a bunch of live recordings from past tours. Geddy did mention they record most of there concerts and have been for a long time.

According to RIAB, Warner Bros owns both Atlantic and Roadrunner.