Fish

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 23 2011, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Aug 22 2011, 06:15 PM)
I can't think of any fish I've had that I don't like, and I like just about any recipe. One of my weirder faves is broiled fish topped with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.

Same here. Except for the cheese part. I really dislike fish and cheese together.

My favorites are mahi mahi and salmon.

I like to keep my fish on the plain side. Just a little lemon squeezed on top is all I need! But I will eat and try any dish.

Janie, it's in your destiny to dine with me one day trink39.gif . Mahi mahi and salmon are my favorites too yes.gif yes.gif . A buddy of mine that used to live in Seattle (btw) used to make the best grilled salmon. It was so damn good that it catapulted grilled salmon into my Top 5 favorite dishes [which is no small task in my constantly hungry belly and long list of great foods]

We MUST dine one day JB. I am strongly considering planning a food tour vacation. I would love it if you could come with!

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 11:21 PM)
I can't think of any fish I've had that I don't like, and I like just about any recipe. One of my weirder faves is broiled fish topped with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.

Same here. Except for the cheese part. I really dislike fish and cheese together.

I like to keep my fish on the plain side. Just a little lemon squeezed on top is all I need! But I will eat and try any dish.

Janie, it's in your destiny to dine with me one day trink39.gif . Mahi mahi and salmon are my favorites too yes.gif yes.gif . A buddy of mine that used to live in Seattle (btw) used to make the best grilled salmon. It was so damn good that it catapulted grilled salmon into my Top 5 favorite dishes [which is no small task in my constantly hungry belly and long list of great foods]

We MUST dine one day JB. I am strongly considering planning a food tour vacation. I would love it if you could come with!

Your own sort of Eat Pray Love?

I love your new avatar BTW it's hilarious! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 24 2011, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 23 2011, 11:21 PM)

YBT, you're a nut! smile.gif

"food tour vacation" = if at all possible, HELL YES 1022.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 24 2011, 12:35 AM)

My wife made me watch that one once. Just gawd awful. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 24 2011, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 24 2011, 12:35 AM)

My wife made me watch that one once. Just gawd awful. 062802puke_prv.gif

I knew to steer clear of the movie just from all the hype about the book.

Today, barely seared ahi.

and...

As a result of starting life in England, deep fried cod wrapped in newspaper, with chips and plenty of malt vinegar.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 22 2011, 10:59 AM)
I like orange roughy, tilapia and tuna steak.

They had a fish called Swai onsale at the store the other day. It's a catfish breed, extremely mild like tilapia and holds up well to the grill. I marinated it for about a half hour in a little olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and fajita seasoning.
Oiled the grate on the grill and threw on the fish. Cooked in a couple minutes and was very good served over basamati rice with a fresh (homemade!!) mango salsa.

Hell, I'm from Maine.

I love fish

Gimme anything