Pete Gabriel solo

F*ck yes. He can do little wrong in my eyes. He was very much part of my teenage years, as So was huge at the time. In Your Eyes And Don't Give Up still give me shivers.

But PG3(Melt) is the one. Every track is an absolute classic.

Saw him live a couple of years back, great show. And Tony Levin is the MAN.

Here's a classic for you, it's PG and Kate Bush, covering Roy Harper's beautiful Another Day.....

I used to think he could do no wrong, but then he put out Scratch My Back and when on an orchestral tour. I've had exactly one opportunity to see that guy live in my adult life, and I passed it up because it's not Peter Gabriel if there's no guitars or drums or whatever.

Absolutely love everything up to "So", which in my eyes is one of the greatest albums ever produced by anyone.

My favorite Gabriel songs are And Through The Wire, The Rhythm Of The Heat, Red Rain, That Voice Again, and Digging In The Dirt.

Yep, solo PG is awesome. Up is my favorite, with Security, III/Melt and So being other favorites.

The Secret World Live DVD is too awesome for words; that is arguably my all-time favorite live DVD.

I Grieve should be put in a time capsule for people hundreds of years later to listen to. cool.gif

His is one of the outstanding oeuvres in popular music. I enjoy the dark oddball quality in a lot of his stuff. Never could get into the Passion album though. A big part of what I like about PG is his distinctive voice and lyrics so without that it doesn't hold much appeal for me.

Salisbury Hill is the most perfectly executed odd-signatured pop song ever.

Along with the aforementioned, Mercy Street is a fav of mine from "So", which is a pretty near to perfect album.

He's great, I really wish he'd go on a proper tour though, it has been many years since he has done so in the states. I caught the orchestra thing he did last June which was fun, but I have yet to see him do a plugged in show.

I get a once a month video notification from him on Facebook on what's going on with him and life. He does these everytime there is a full moon. Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 13 2011, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 13 2011, 11:09 AM)
I like PG solo more than in Genesis.  ph34r.gif

Say it loud! Say it proud! trink39.gif

indeed

broadcast your lousy taste so we know who needs the most help! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 14 2011, 02:59 PM)
Salisbury Hill is the most perfectly executed odd-signatured pop song ever.

Along with the aforementioned, Mercy Street is a fav of mine from "So", which is a pretty near to perfect album.

Yes!

I used to think something was wrong with my copy because I would get almost dizzy listening to it because of the back and forth in Solsbury Hill.... I even made a post about it:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60080

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Aug 14 2011, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 14 2011, 03:37 PM)
I get a once a month video notification from him on Facebook on what's going on with him and life. He does these everytime there is a full moon.

That's pretty cool, how do I sign up for this thing?

Just add him on your Facebook account. He only does it once a month. He calls his fans "lunatics", in jest, because of the full moon notifications.

To tell the truth, i pretty much enjoy the entire genesis package. Ant's solo career, pre-prog genesis, prog genesis, post genesis, peter's solo career, steve's solo career, mike's solo career and mike and the mechanics, banks' solo career, phil's solo career, and brand x... And all other little projects...

I'm a genesis slut unsure.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 16 2011, 05:38 AM)
To tell the truth, i pretty much enjoy the entire genesis package. Ant's solo career, pre-prog genesis, prog genesis, post genesis, peter's solo career, steve's solo career, mike's solo career and mike and the mechanics, banks' solo career, phil's solo career, and brand x... And all other little projects...

I'm a genesis slut unsure.gif

There are worse sluts to be.