What Rush song do you want to hear live?

Pars123

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Jul 27 2011, 11:31 PM)
The Fountain of Lamneth

but I'd like to go back in time for that. I don't think Geddy would be able to sing it well now.

Yes! And "Hemispheres." But again, there's no way Geddy could pull it off.

Gosh! What to choose!

Mystic rhythms

Cygnus x1 books 1 and 2

Earthshine

Between sun and moon

Hope

Fly by night

Fountain of Lambeth

Twilight zone

Xanadu

Prime mover

Turn the page

Anagram

Superconductor

Dreamline

Animate

Resist

Peaceable kingdom

Secret touch

That should be enough to be getting on with!

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 28 2011, 09:34 AM)
In order:

Fountain Of Lamneth
The Necromancer
Hemispheres
A Farewell To Kings

This would be my choice also 1022.gif

Xanadu!!!!!

Other favorites I have not heard live include The Pass, Earthshine, and Prime Mover.

And it would be super fun to hear Dog Years live and watch the audience's reaction. Especially involving the "for every sad son of a bitch" line.

Edited by IChoseFreeWill

Twilight Zone, Different Strings, The Sphere, Chemistry, Countdown, Losing It, Jacob's Ladder and others. Of course I'd like to hear Hemispheres, Farewell To Kings, Cygnus and 2112 in their respective entireties but that ain't gonna happen.

trink38.gif I really love Rush for being thoughtful about bringing back stuff from the vaults as Geddy says. I mean when they brought back Between The Wheels for instance that just blew my mind. Then this past tour with Camera Eye! Songs we never ever thought we'd hear again are performed and it's like this great cream in your pants moment! Having said that I think there's more of that where it came from. I also think it is still possible for those 70's Rush tunes we wanna hear -that are thought to be too high to sing for Geddy - CAN be done.

When I hear Circumstances on Snakes and Arrows live for instance I think of one that definately can be done and that's Something For Nothing. It's basically in the same key as Circumstances so all they would have to do is use the same tuning. It's also been used for 2112. So why not use it for Fountain or Hemispheres title cut or anything that is thought to be too high? This is why we have tools in music like key change and tuning down guitars for. I think with rock in particular the songs become MORE heavy and cool sounding in that tuning anyways. More balls to them you know? A Farwell to Kings, Fly By Night, or how bout BENEATH BETWEEN BEHIND?? HMMM?? :-)

As far as 80's to now omg there's still so many! I've seen Rush every tour since GUP. 25 times! So I've seen a lot of songs performed but any of these listed below I'd love to hear cause they haven't been done ever or in a long time:

Good News First

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Ceiling Unlimited ( they only did it like on the first leg of that tour and they switched it up with Ghost Rider another great one! )

FREEZE ( Part 4 of Fear ) OMG that woudl be a wet dreamer! trink39.gif

as would be NOCTURNE

How It is ..... DEFINATELY!

Peaceable Kingdom

Color of Right ( VERY UNDERATED - GLad to see it mentioned here! )

Limbo

Double Agent

Between Sun And Moon

CUT TO THE CHASE I think is the best choice of ones not yet played from Counterparts! Great song . great solo. Perfect for Ged to sing! YEah do it Rush pretty please with sugar on top? Next tour? common001.gif

Where's My Thing I miss a lot. That was great on RTB tour

The Big Wheel

AVAILABLE LIGHT Another wet dreamer for me! A long shot but hell you never know. Others in this wet dream category for me would be OPEN SECRESTS, EMOTION DETECTOR, KID GLOVES, THE BODY ELECTRIC

Jacobs Ladder of course,

Thinkin of 70's again ... Making Memories , Lessons , Farwell To Kings ( tuned down like 2112, same maybe for Cinderella Man

I know a lot of long shots. But out of all of them Cut to The Chase I think is one of the best possibilities for becoming reality cause as mentioned by another person they brought back a couple from Counterparts on Time Machine Tour.

So whatcha all think? bumper.gif

There's only one song that I will be sad to have missed if they never play it again: Middletown Dreams. If they retire having never played it again, I'll be very, very disappointed.

Anything else, I can live without because I've either crossed it off my wish list (Natural Science, for example) or I just don't really care about seeing it live (i.e. Jacob's Ladder).