One band rush can't beat live these day's!1

reani14

....................u2 rocked philly last night.................... nobody has more stage and money than these guys.. Blast away, but i dont think rush can outstage these billionaires.. I like rush better. but u2 holds the edge..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

Good one. I needed a good laugh tonight wink.gif

Rush doesn't have to outstage them. U2 has a huge stage show to make up for lack of good material. Rush doesn't have to go "all out" with their stage show since the music is what matters most live.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 15 2011, 07:59 PM)

Rush doesn't have to outstage them. U2 has a huge stage show to make up for lack of good material. Rush doesn't have to go "all out" with their stage show since the music is what matters most live.

post of the year

I just wish rush played smaller venues

QUOTE (sonictheplumber @ Jul 15 2011, 08:00 PM)
z7shysterical.gif  z7shysterical.gif

post of the year

I just wish rush played smaller venues

there's a few very good reasons why they never will

ironically, much like current U2, they wouldn't be able to cut it without the security blanket of the 'big show'

they'd be the first to tell you so, too

U2 sounds like they are compensating for something. You know what people say when they see someone with a nice sports car. Yup. Small willy.

So just because they have a big bright stage doesn't mean their music is top notch. I'm certain that if Rush were to play in a giant dumpster, it would still be 1,000,000 times better than U2 musically.

Edited by King Whompus

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jul 16 2011, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 15 2011, 05:27 PM)
but u2 holds the edge..

...You don't say.

Ha! I was going to comment on that, too!

But, yeah, some bands seem to need the 'bells and whistles', to entertain the concert-goers rather than play music for them. I think there's a difference. I don't need a blazing forest of pyros and lighting effects up the wazoo to enjoy my favourite bands play live; that is, of course, considering that they can play live well.

And Rush can play live well.

As an aside, at the Rush concert I went to recently, a ten-year-old boy in front of me was simply enthralled with Alex's shredding during 'Working Man'. He was mesmerized, just staring at Alex in awe, with hands clutching his head in amazement. He certainly didn't need any stage effects to be able to enjoy that concert!

Long live musicianship!

AlexFinal.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 16 2011, 01:51 AM)
QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Jul 16 2011, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 15 2011, 05:27 PM)
but u2 holds the edge..

...You don't say.

Ha! I was going to comment on that, too!

But, yeah, some bands seem to need the 'bells and whistles', to entertain the concert-goers rather than play music for them. I think there's a difference. I don't need a blazing forest of pyros and lighting effects up the wazoo to enjoy my favourite bands play live; that is, of course, considering that they can play live well.

And Rush can play live well.

As an aside, at the Rush concert I went to recently, a ten-year-old boy in front of me was simply enthralled with Alex's shredding during 'Working Man'. He was mesmerized, just staring at Alex in awe, with hands clutching his head in amazement. He certainly didn't need any stage effects to be able to enjoy that concert!

Long live musicianship!

AlexFinal.gif

Much like I was in awe when Black Sabbath played a Medley that includes my favorite Sabbath song ever "Symptom of the Universe" in 2005.

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 15 2011, 06:27 PM)
....................u2 rocked philly last night.................... nobody has more stage and money than these guys.. Blast away, but i dont think rush can outstage these billionaires.. I like rush better. but u2 holds the edge..

U2 in an arena, maybe. For all the special effects, the current U2 stadium tour has been rather "meh"

goodpost.gif trink39.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 15 2011, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 15 2011, 06:27 PM)
...i dont think rush can outstage these billionaires...

you know what's awesome. though?

music isn't a contest

trink39.gif

holy shit ghostworks actually posted something I can agree with

STOP THE PRESSES ALERT THE MEDIA!!

how ironic to see U2 spend millions of dollars on a big stage set when their leader want to save the world from injustice... confused13.gif Edited by RUDT