Pro Football weekly's best, worst NFL fans...

Best:

1) Packers

2) Steelers

3) Chiefs

4) Seahawks

5) Bears

6) Saints

7) Raiders

8) Cowboys

Worst:

1) Jaguars

2) Cardinals

3) Dolphins

4) Panthers

5) Raiders

6) Bengals

7) Chargers

8) Eagles

Yes, the Raiders are on both lists. wacko.gif

Buffalo Bills fans should be on the best list. The team hasn't been to the playoffs since 1999 and they still sell out home games here despite how awful the team has been for the last decade.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2011, 04:28 PM)
what does best and worst mean in this context?

I listened to these twice and no criteria was given, just a poll of the staff. Maybe they were given instructions but apparently they didn't bother to inform the viewers/readers.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 5 2011, 08:19 PM)

I listened to these twice and no criteria was given, just a poll of the staff. Maybe they were given instructions but apparently they didn't bother to inform the viewers/readers.

I would rate Broncos fans higher than a lot of them. The most annoying are Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Patriots so they are probably the best fans. They show up in places they don't belong and move to new cities and refuse to adopt the team of their new hometown. I give a Packers fan a particularly hard time at work since she has lived in Tampa most of her life but won't root for the Bucs. when the Bucs won the Super Bowl I told her; "no celebrating."

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2011, 06:50 PM)

I would rate Broncos fans higher than a lot of them. The most annoying are Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Patriots so they are probably the best fans. They show up in places they don't belong and move to new cities and refuse to adopt the team of their new hometown. I give a Packers fan a particularly hard time at work since she has lived in Tampa most of her life but won't root for the Bucs. when the Bucs won the Super Bowl I told her; "no celebrating."

I had a college friend from New Port Richey FL who was a Cowboy fan before the Bucs were formed, became a Buc fan, and then switched allegiances DURING THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF GAME after the 1981 season (the Cowboys won 38-0).

More Cowboy fans are bandwagoners and frontrunners than those of any other team. That's not to say that all Cowboy fans are that way, but there are a lot of them that are.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2011, 08:50 PM)

So if you were to say move to Dallas you would not cheer for Bucs anymore and give your loyalty 100% to Cowboys? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 5 2011, 08:56 PM)

So if you were to say move to Dallas you would not cheer for Bucs anymore and give your loyalty 100% to Cowboys? confused13.gif

I re-read my post a couple of times and can't figure out what you're getting at. My example is that of a person who has lived here "most of her life' and still roots for the Pack. It's her choice and yours of course but I would move on. Example: I was born in St. Louis but have lived here most of my life so I root for the Bucs, rays, Lightning. I still pay attention to the Cardinals baseball team and Blues but I will root for the Tampa teams head to head as I recently did last weekend when the Cardinals came here for a three game series. I guess it's a choice between fully becoming a member of your new community or not. the internet and sports packages on tv make these changes less likely since you can so easily follow the old team.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 5 2011, 08:56 PM)

I re-read my post a couple of times and can't figure out what you're getting at. My example is that of a person who has lived here "most of her life' and still roots for the Pack. It's her choice and yours of course but I would move on. Example: I was born in St. Louis but have lived here most of my life so I root for the Bucs, rays, Lightning. I still pay attention to the Cardinals baseball team and Blues but I will root for the Tampa teams head to head as I recently did last weekend when the Cardinals came here for a three game series. I guess it's a choice between fully becoming a member of your new community or not. the internet and sports packages on tv make these changes less likely since you can so easily follow the old team.

Well I live between Toronto And Detroit but there is absolutely no way I would cheer for the Leafs or the Red Wings. tongue.gif

What I am saying is I don't think anyone should be obligated to cheer for the local team where you live if you are fans of teams from other cities.

I know several people who live and grew up in Toronto who absolutely despise the Leafs but instead are diehard Bruins and Flyers fans.

Personally the only time I cheer "locally" are international competitions like the Olympics and so forth.

For my sports teams I am all over the map...Caps in hockey, Niners in NFL, Tar Heels in North Carolina...the only "local" team I am a fan of are the Jays...but only because I am a fan of the team not where they are from.

Loyalty to my sports team is a big deal to me and I will stay 100% true to my teams regardless of where I reside derision and opposition be damned tongue.gif

In the Stanley Cup Finals I was SO very annoyed with everyone here cheering for Canucks strictly because they were a Canadian team. The fact is there were more Canadians on the Bruins than on Canucks. I just think it is stupid to go by geographical reasons when the make up of the players are spread from all over the place in regards to their origins.

The most annoying are Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and Patriots so they are probably the best fans.  They show up in places they don't belong and move to new cities and refuse to adopt the team of their new hometown. 

Where are places Patriots fans don't belong that we show up?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 8 2011, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 5 2011, 10:27 PM)
I don't like Packer fans.

applaudit.gif

screw both of you!!!

People will always hate winners tongue.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jul 5 2011, 08:15 PM)
Buffalo Bills fans should be on the best list. The team hasn't been to the playoffs since 1999 and they still sell out home games here despite how awful the team has been for the last decade.

goodpost.gif

So in other words, f-cking meaningless... thats what I thought smile.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 5 2011, 10:07 PM)
I guess it's a choice between fully becoming a member of your new community or not. the internet and sports packages on tv make these changes less likely since you can so easily follow the old team.

This is a fascinating point to make.

What does a person have to do to be considered a "good citizen" or "part of the Community"? Is supporting the local pro sports team a requirement? Really?

Is following a sports team THAT important? confused13.gif I don't think so. It's just entertainment. For the vast majority of people who don't go to the games, it's basically just another TV show.

....and judging by the poor attendance at many of these baseball and football stadiums, I'd say that several communities wouldn't care much if their teams packed up and left. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (rollthebones1963 @ Jul 10 2011, 11:23 AM)
by far the worst fans in all sports have to be in philadelphia.phillie fans are rude and inconsiderate,but the eagles drunken idiotic fans make them look like choir boys! hard to imagine worse fans any place else other that philly!

agreed..........Philly fans are up there for sure....

If this means best= most fanatical , I'd put my cashola

on either Denver or K.C. Those fan's go completey

APE-SH*T over their respective teams.

..It's freeking intense.The Pittsburgh crowd is also the

same way...That's the way it should be,imo. If the other

team can't handle the heat..then it's time to get the

frick outta dodge!

Worst fans are probably: oakland or philly.

Edited by go2wrk@95974