"Roll The Bones" Gets The Gold CD Remaster Job!

RUSHHEAD666

Being addicted to the 24 Karat gold cd I was surfing the Audio Fidelity Web page today and I just found out that "Roll The Bones" is getting the gold remaster treatment.

Are you audiophiles excited? Will this version actually sound better than the basic aluminum disc remaster?

I'm hoping this version will give the record more warmth meaning more bass.

What do you think?

I'm buying.

Check it out:

http://www.audiofidelity.net/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with my original, non-remastered version of RTB. I really can't ask for much more. However, I'm waiting for something to be done with VT.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 25 2011, 01:17 PM)
Of all the albums they could have chosen.....  confused13.gif

According to the info on the website, here's why:

"Roll The Bones," Rush's fourteenth studio album, released in 1991, is a fantastic blend of tempos, ideas, and musical explorations. The album marks further transition from the band's 1980s style to their sound in the 1990s - it still has Rush's dark mystique but it is a more pop-oriented album. There are four popular radio staples, "Bravado," "Ghost Of A Chance," "Roll the Bones" and "Dreamline" with the former reaching #1 on the US Mainstream Rock chart, while "Where's My Thing" was Grammy nominated for Best Rock Instrumental.

The band reunited with producer Rupert Hine for his second Rush album and "Roll the Bones" became their first US Top 5 album since 1981 peaking at #3 on the Billboard Top 200. The album also won the Canadian band that country's 1992 Juno Award for best album cover design.

The album excels in the songwriting and the musicianship is first-rate: Geddy Lee's bass playing and vocals, Alex Lifeson's guitar work and Neil Peart continues his journey for the perfect drum sound. Rush has been around for many years, and has gone though many musical phases, always willing to try new things and to experiment musically, lyrically, and technologically. "Roll The Bones" lives up to its name, Rush took some chances... and still made a great record.

I wouldn't necessarily choose Roll the Bones either, if it were up to me, but these seem to be some very solid reasons for an album that I think is MUCH better than many on this forum seem to think.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 25 2011, 11:17 AM)
Of all the albums they could have chosen..... confused13.gif

I know Gary! I'm kind of bummed!

I placed an order with Audio Fidelity a few weeks ago, upon my confirmation email I wrote back to the person who works there and asked if they were going to do any Rush. I put my request in for "Hemispheres."

Well the woman sent me an email back saying that they were working on a Rush title at that very moment but she wouldn't tell me which one but then ended her email with this....

;-)

I assumed it was "Hemispheres" but obviously I was wrong!

It is indeed and odd choice. I will probably get it because so far all the gold discs have been the best sounding Rush CDs I own. Signals is a little iffy because of the missing lyrics, but overall they are a lot warmer than your average aluminum disc.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 25 2011, 12:09 PM)
Being addicted to the 24 Karat gold cd I was surfing the Audio Fidelity Web page today and I just found out that "Roll The Bones" is getting the gold remaster treatment.

Are you audiophiles excited? Will this version actually sound better than the basic aluminum disc remaster?

What do you think?

I'm buying.

Check it out:

more "warmth"? Dude, it's a steaming pile.....mayne this version will steam a little more. that's about it......

QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 25 2011, 04:05 PM)
So everyone complains about the production of Presto, RTB and VT, and when one of those three is going to be remastered, it's still not good enough?

goodpost.gif I'd love to see a Presto remaster. wub.gif

As much as I would love to have a Rush audiophile pressing, I'll pass on this one. I think I'll just wait for the completely remastered catalog.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 25 2011, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 25 2011, 12:09 PM)

Are you audiophiles excited?  Will this version actually sound better than the basic aluminum disc remaster?

What do you think?

I'm buying.

Check it out:

more "warmth"? Dude, it's a steaming pile.....mayne this version will steam a little more. that's about it......

Hahahaha! Good one Fields! So you think "Roll The Bones" is a steaming pile of shit. Fresh, warm dog shit steaming on a hot summer lawn.

As the production is thin, I will admit that I dig most of the album.

"Bravado" for instance may sound like a Journey song to some, but Neil's drumming on that tune saves it for me. Incredible.

Another notable song is "Ghost Of A Chance." One of the best mellow Rush songs of all time!

Besides it was my Wedding song! tongue.gif

Oh yeah and the opening monster drum fill on "Face Up" makes my ears tingle.

You indeed are a "hip hop heavy metalist" my friend!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 25 2011, 03:05 PM)
So everyone complains about the production of Presto, RTB and VT, and when one of those three is going to be remastered, it's still not good enough?

I agree!!! Preordered mine already one of my favs!

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Jun 25 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 25 2011, 03:05 PM)

I agree!!! Preordered mine already one of my favs!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Scars @ Jun 25 2011, 01:05 PM)

I don't care bout the production on RTB, just about songs like:

Face Up

Heresy

Neurotic

You Bet Your Life

Neurotica

Sorry, but as Rush songs go, these re VERY weak. To say the album is spotty is very generous.

Mobile Fidelity Sound Lbs have done what, 3 Rush albums so far? And THIS is their choice for number 4? new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif