new surprise piece of alex gear to be annouced...

jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jun 24 2011, 10:21 PM)
Any guesses?

Yes, I do know what it is.......on the cool factor i'd rate it an 8.

A Gibson Alex Lifeson Signature Golden Deluxe Banjo? ohmy.gif

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/Golden-Deluxe_p.jpg

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 24 2011, 10:01 PM)
Rack FX unit? MIDI foot pedals? Steampunk cabs?

Barbie dolls?

rofl3.gif

That small amp they gave him in Europe?

Darn!!

I was going to guess The Official Alex Lifeson Lerxtstar Syrinx Monk Robe.

user posted image

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 25 2011, 01:07 PM)
What's with all the ridiculously expensive signature guitars? Geddy had one sig bass and it was affordable enough for me to have one!

This doesn't look like a signature model, just a reissue. The only connection to Alex is that he happens to use one.

Yeah plus the ad also mentions Jimmy Page so there will be a Heritage Cherry version in addition to the Alpine White.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 25 2011, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 25 2011, 01:07 PM)
What's with all the ridiculously expensive signature guitars? Geddy had one sig bass and it was affordable enough for me to have one!

This doesn't look like a signature model, just a reissue. The only connection to Alex is that he happens to use one.

Agreed. Nothing to do with Alex as far as being a sig model.

Oddly though, the ad does not mention heritage cherry finish as an option.

I remember a black one on ebay a few years ago as well as one with a custom gold finish. Pretty cool to see them in finishes other than white and cherry. There is a 1979 tobacco burst on ebay right now.

Not gonna lie, these are cool. I got to use one on stage one night and it nearly killed me. I had to take it off after one song. It was like trying to play an oldsmobile.

The EDS-1275 was designed around 1958 originally. The first version was a burst and had a bound body unlike any SG (Les Paul at the time, though the EDS has always been that; Electric Doubleneck Spanish). I have a picture of an original one in a book. They have been issued in Alpine White, Cherry, Black, "Natural" (Mahogany) and burst for a limited time early on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Guitars/1959_Gibson_EDS1275_sunburst_refin.jpg

This is like the one in my book.

(edited for photo hugeness)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I never said it was a sig model, I only said piece of alex gear. tongue.gif

I thought the alpine white would be enough to get tskidmore jonesing. Ha.

Too heavy for me.

I did just score me a fulltone cylde wah and the new timmons bb preamp though. Both of which I likes. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 25 2011, 11:07 AM)

I'm still waiting on Fender to do an American version of it.

It's affordable because it's made in Japan.

This thing (along the same alex like gear) looks pretty cool. Alex owned a 345 but never played it much. I think he said it was lighter and the pickups were hotter...probably a good thing imo.

Gibson 345

I'd love to here a sample of the loft, when u get a chance...especially the limelight thingy, just record it direct to PC with Reaper or somethin. ;p

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 11 2011, 10:44 PM)
This thing (along the same alex like gear) looks pretty cool. Alex owned a 345 but never played it much. I think he said it was lighter and the pickups were hotter...probably a good thing imo.

Gibson 345

I'd love to here a sample of the loft, when u get a chance...especially the limelight thingy, just record it direct to PC with Reaper or somethin. ;p

Looks awesome!!!