Facebook

Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Sep 11 2011, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 11 2011, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Sep 11 2011, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 8 2011, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Sep 9 2011, 03:14 AM)
If you'd like to add me, the web address for my Facebook account is in my profile here - just click my username. I have a cartoon Geddy Lee for my FB pic (I'll have to change it briefly for Neil's upcoming birthday).

Hope to see you there! bekloppt.gif

Thanks, 1 of the 7. So how do you get your account name, do you come up with it or does FB assign you with it?

Baby you can use your real name like most do, some have nick name so as to hide. As Khan said, I too can help you with it.

No matter what name you use we all have IP address and they know where we are. Just be sure all settings are set for Friends Only.

I'm in a 70's music group that is very cool, there are a lot of cool things about it and there is a lot that is not cool, set your page for what you like. I am friends on FB with 4 or 5 friends from here.

What I like most is I can keep up with friends I have in the UK, Ireland, Canada and Wyoming. My buddy in the UK and I have chats when he is on lunch break and I am having breakfast and coffee. Somebody here said "Talk to my face not my Facebook." So be it for them then, a really good friend moved last year to Wyoming and has to little ones that are just 2 and 3 years old now, she keeps posting new images of them, we get to see them grow up too... heart.gif

Skully old.gif

Thanks, Tully smile.gif

Can you make up an FB name like, and I'm using this as an example - www.facebook.com/johnsmith?

If so,how do you do that - is it when you register and get in, do you create it in the profile settings? What about putting it in your TRF profile - how is that done so that others can click onto it?

Need this additional info before I get onto it. Thanks.

When you register is when you enter a name. Could use your real first name and different last like Lee or Lifeson. wink.gif

For adding it to here just need to go to My Controls to Personal Profile to Edit Profile Info and add the link to Your website url. Very easy.

heart.gif Thanks again, Tully! heart.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 11 2011, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Sep 11 2011, 11:03 AM)
Facebook is fricking scary. I just made one for school because we need one  unsure.gif and I made a new email address, signed up under a different name, and did not put any additional information...and somehow it is recommended me all these people I already know...  wtf.gif

It happened to me once. Someone I knew showed up yet we had no mutual friends. Apparently those are people who searched for you and clicked on your profile.

they are almost always people who are in your email contacts list.

One feature I've decided I don't like is being added to a group without being asked first.

Why would somebody do that and make an automatic assumption that the other person would say yes?

I was added to a Rush group but I've since left it. I only want to belong to one and TRF is that one.

Whoever added me had good intentions but I don't understand why Facebook doesn't have a feature where you ask someone if they would like to join a particular group.

My FB page is finally, properly ready. You can view my profile for the address. Can't believe how long it took me to create a username - registering was no problem (5 minutes), but all day, all night and up to sometime this morning my time and something finally registered! Cellphone confirmation code. Gahhh! Anyway, all done now. Thanks to those who already added me and/or requested adding.

heart.gif

(Many apologies to the What Pissed You Off Today thread for the rant I had - just got a bit frustrated!)

trink39.gif

Also, thanks to Draco and 1 of the 7 for their help!

wub.gif

Edit: also, please include your TRF name so that I can accept. Thank you.

smile.gif

Edited by Babycat

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 02:59 PM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/293449_274491775908956_100000444073891_1005918_904829375_n.jpg

tongue.gif

Query: How do you 'add' someone? Do you find their name in 'search' and then press 'add'?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 21 2011, 10:16 AM)
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/293449_274491775908956_100000444073891_1005918_904829375_n.jpg

tongue.gif

Query: How do you 'add' someone? Do you find their name in 'search' and then press 'add'?

Are you talking about sending a friend request? If so, then yes, type in the name of the person you are looking for in the search bar. You can also search my email address, I believe. Chances are, searching by name will give you multiple hits, so you have to sort through and find the right person. Once you find the person you are looking for, then click the Add Friend button, and the request will be sent to them.

QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 03:22 PM)

tongue.gif

Are you talking about sending a friend request? If so, then yes, type in the name of the person you are looking for in the search bar. You can also search my email address, I believe. Chances are, searching by name will give you multiple hits, so you have to sort through and find the right person. Once you find the person you are looking for, then click the Add Friend button, and the request will be sent to them.

And then you wait for a confirmation? Thanks, -Ender- !

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 21 2011, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (-Ender- @ Sep 21 2011, 03:22 PM)

tongue.gif

And then you wait for a confirmation? Thanks, -Ender- !

Yes. You will get a notification that they have accepted.

Today's post:

"For all of you people going full monkey tilt over the new Facebook changes, you should go pimp out your Myspace with some bling."

laugh.gif