hate to discuss their personal lives...

liddybuck01

When i was watching that clip on Neil on the CBC discussing moving pictures, i notice he has two rings on. One, im assuming, his wedding ring. The other on his right hand ring finger. Wonder if its his old wedding ring?

Idk just weird to see him wearing jewelry. Or maybe i just never noticed.

Doesnt matter, just a curious observation...

Probably is. I keep one of my aunt's necklaces in my pocket all the time and even have a bracelet made of her personal jewelery on my wrist right now. Maybe that's his closure.

I told my husband about it but he said "dont you think it would make his wife uncomfortable?". I said not if she's understanding and caring and knows she cant change his feelings for his first wife.

Idk, like i said it was just an observation and curiosity.

Well, there's just one problem with that supposition: he and his first "wife" weren't actually married. It was a common-law "marriage." Of, course, it's very possible that they did exchange rings at some point. If that's the case, I think even more of Carrie than I did before. cool.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 5 2011, 02:44 AM)
Well, there's just one problem with that supposition: he and his first "wife" weren't actually married. It was a common-law "marriage." Of, course, it's very possible that they did exchange rings at some point. If that's the case, I think even more of Carrie than I did before. cool.gif

Ive seen common law relationships that were much stronger than most "traditional" marriages

He mentioned in one of his books that Carrie gave him an engagment ring but it had gotten lost...could that be it?

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 5 2011, 12:48 AM)
Well, there's just one problem with that supposition: he and his first "wife" weren't actually married. It was a common-law "marriage." Of, course, it's very possible that they did exchange rings at some point. If that's the case, I think even more of Carrie than I did before.  cool.gif

Ive seen common law relationships that were much stronger than most "traditional" marriages

Absolutely! A piece of paper does not a strong relationship make wink.gif

QUOTE (BellaCheval @ Jun 6 2011, 12:33 AM)
He mentioned in one of his books that Carrie gave him an engagment ring but it had gotten lost...could that be it?

It's possible... by the time of publishing Roadshow he hadn't retrieved the ring (or anything else in that luggage :C ) but, who knows.. Could be anything.

And agreed on the marriage thing.

My folks were engaged for two years before marrying (which is apparently a long time to be engaged) so they were pretty ready. And my aunt and uncle never had any kind of formal marriage after my aunt divorced her very abusive first husband, and they (my aunt and uncle) were together a good twenty years before they finally got a marriage license.. That was only for legal issues, anyways.

I think in this day and age marriage is more for legal documentation - or at least it should be. True love can't be described on a piece of paper.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 5 2011, 03:48 AM)
Well, there's just one problem with that supposition: he and his first "wife" weren't actually married. It was a common-law "marriage." Of, course, it's very possible that they did exchange rings at some point. If that's the case, I think even more of Carrie than I did before.  cool.gif

If you look at pictures from before Jackie died, you'll see that Neil wore a wedding band.

It's an interesting fact that men who had happy marriages (even common-law) are more likely to remarry fairly quickly after the death of the wife. My late sister's husband will remarry this fall. It's different than, say, if there were an acrimonious marriage and divorce.

But yes - it does require some understanding on the part of the new wife. My BIL's fiancee is very understanding about the fact that there are difficult days (like birthdays, anniversary of the death date) and does not mind at all that he has some pictures and keepsakes from his marriage to my sister.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 6 2011, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 4 2011, 07:33 PM)
Ummm... okay. Cool? unsure.gif

Actually, this is one of the most interesting Rush-related threads this year.

No point in being a b!tch about it, Tommy tongue.gif

You really find this interesting? facepalm.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (BellaCheval @ Jun 5 2011, 10:33 PM)

This is my guess right here ^^^. Carrie gave him an engagement ring and even if he never did get it back she could've gotten him another and he wears that on one hand and his wedding ring on the other.