Queen - New Documentary!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011p...ves_Episode_1/#

Part 2 is on BBC2 tonight, followed by the legendary 1975 Hammersmith gig. This doc is truly superb, most Queen die-hards will know most of this, but there's some fantastic rare footage of them live, in interview and in the studio, in particular a clip of them running through Champions...fab.

I thought it could have been a lot better.

It was a tad too anodyne for me, and surely they could have forced Deacon John to give a few modern day words, somebody must have a cattle-prod and his address FFS.

A bit more on the Paul Rogers thing would have been welcomed too.

If Queen had carried on half as good as the 75 Hammy O show, then I'd be a Queen board Troll for sure smile.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ May 30 2011, 05:26 PM)
Even more exciting than usual for me since I just recently got into 80s era Queen in the past month.

80's Queen was Shite.

Old Queen Good, New Queen Bad, New New Queen WTF?

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 30 2011, 11:02 PM)
I thought it could have been a lot better.

It was a tad too anodyne for me, and surely they could have forced Deacon John to give a few modern day words, somebody must have a cattle-prod and his address FFS.

If Queen had carried on half as good as the 75 Hammy O show, then I'd be a Queen board Troll for sure smile.gif

If a Beeb doc can't get Deacon John to speak, then nothing will. I admire him for it though. I liked part 1 in particular, part 2 was a bit thrown together, with no discussion on the Flash Gordon soundtrack!!!! Quelle horreur!

It was the most honest Queen doc I've seen to date, but yes, they could have dug a bit deeper. I'm glad they gave Hot Space plenty of time, I still love it, camper than John Inman's caravan.

Quote of the doc, Roger on The Sun, who hounded Freddie, "F*cking wankers".

But it was the unseen clips and pics that sealed the deal for me. Fabulous dears, absolutely fabulous.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2011, 09:05 AM)

WHY????????

Because Dahling (note correct spelling) I'm a funny old f*cker.

World's greatest singer takes place of World's greatest frontman, in possibly World'sgreatest band.

I've heard that '75 Hammersmith show and I would love to see them in action. If this is a dvd then maybe VH1 Classic will show it sometime soon. I wish Queen would release more of their early years, either on dvd or live shows or whatever. Their first live album (Killers-1979) was released way too late. Most every band should release their first official live album in the middle of their prime, Queen waited a few years too late. Edited by Bastille Dave

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 31 2011, 09:21 AM)

WHY????????

World's greatest singer takes place of World's greatest frontman, in possibly World'sgreatest band.

Correct spelling if you're Bunny from Little Britain, which you probably are....

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2011, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 31 2011, 09:21 AM)

WHY????????

Correct spelling if you're Bunny from Little Britain, which you probably are....

I'm pretty sure that Freddie would spell it like that too Dahling, Mwaa, Mwaa.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 31 2011, 08:48 PM)
I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary! Thanks YouTube!

Question: Do certain types of Queen fans hate John Deacon the way certain types of Rush fans hate Neil Peart? confused13.gif

God no. Deacy is adored.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2011, 09:48 PM)

Question: Do certain types of Queen fans hate John Deacon the way certain types of Rush fans hate Neil Peart? confused13.gif

God no. Deacy is adored.

Old Queen Good, New Queen Bad.

John Deacon, the inoffensive boring one.

All of Queen were more or less all round good eggs, and I'm sure all of them would give you the time of day - unlike Captain Happy - despite them being more famous than he ever will be.

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 31 2011, 10:52 PM)
I notice they found one TOTP Queen performance, that they used in this show, on one of Dick Emery's personal home videos...

trink38.gif

Great story that. Apparently he used to record his own shows and TOTP must have been on either before or after.

Ludicrous that the Beeb has lost so much archive footage from the 50s 60s and 70s!

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 31 2011, 10:27 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 31 2011, 09:48 PM)

God no. Deacy is adored.

Old Queen Good, New Queen Bad.

John Deacon, the inoffensive boring one.

All of Queen were more or less all round good eggs, and I'm sure all of them would give you the time of day - unlike Captain Happy - despite them being more famous than he ever will be.

laugh.gif

A mate of mine met Roger in a lift once in a schmancy hotel. Taylor was very friendly, my mate froze, nothing came out, bar maybe a dribble elsewhere.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw