Enough already.

garyg7133

Admittedly, I have not been a member of the forum for very long but I've had about enough. It doesn't matter what the setlist is, where they are playing, how much the tickets cost,what dvd is coming out, what song is (or is not) on the radio even....all anyone here seems to do is b_tch. It seems like a handful of folks see Rush for what and who they are - an aging rock band that we grew up with who, at any given time may just say f_ck it and stop touring. If you don't like the set list, DON'T GO. More tickets for those of us who just want to hear the music and maybe luck out and get good seats. Don't like the videos? Go take a piss or better yet, get something to eat or drink...no wait, that'll be a complaint too.... I can't wait to see how guys start screaming that they owe you something when they retire....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to lighten up . Just enjoy , it's only the internet

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 18 2011, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2011, 02:51 PM)
You need to lighten up . Just enjoy ,  it's only the internet

Just to add, see as you didn't....... cool10.gif

Slow moving day laugh.gif

I agree with you Gary, but I guess we all have opinions and I suppose they have to be respected.

But some people like Cosy Toes (have a look at her/his recent blabberings) just need a good kick up the hole.

laugh.gif

.... a good kick up the hole. Nice one. But seriously, I just get frustrated as a relatively infrequent visitor that when I do have the time to check in here it's a lot of the same nonsense. I am enjoying the fact that the shows overseas are being appreciated by the fans who don't get to see them as often as those of us in North America. I'll admit I've seen them twice this tour and when they come back again (hopefully) for a CA tour I'll be there again. I just don't understand why, if everything this band seems to do is such an annoyance to some, do they even call themselves "fans" ?

My apologies for the rant, but at this point we're lucky they're out there at all.... IMO.....

Edited by garyg7133

Come on, guys, everyone's entitled to his or her own opinions. They're also entitled to the right to post those opinions wherever they like.

Beating the proverbial dead horse that is some of these topics is annoying, but sometimes new people come in and don't know that they've been complained about on.. and on.. and on.. xD; And then there are other people who purposely try to be annoying just for the heck of that.

I say it's best to ignore those kind of people. It's the internet and there's nothing more you, the admins, or anyone else can do.

I see both sides of this issue.

On the one hand, it is discouraging to see Rush fans on the board go on and on ad naseum about things they don't like.

On the other hand, I respect the handful on here that show constructive criticism of our band because we hold them to the high standards we know they can be held to.

The OP feels the same way I do, but I havent started a thread over it. I pray every day (figuratively) that these guys keep going.

I will literally shed tears the day they hang it up.

Just like when Don Shula retired laugh.gif

Constructive is a whole different story. I think that just about everyone here has a song or an album that either doesn't compare to the others or maybe they just flat out don't like. One of my buddies and I go at it all the time over Counterparts and T4E but neither of us go on and on about it. I am not a fan of those albums outside of 2 or 3 songs between them therefore I don't listen to them. He happens to be a fan of both and while we jokingly get on each other about it once in a while, it doesn't compare to what I see here sometimes.

A lot of folks here are musicians and can look at the music an entirely different way. While I'm not a fan of the aforementioned albums, I can absolutely appreciate them for some of their complexities.

We all know the tix aren't cheap. We all know that this album is slow coming. My solution to the tix? I bought a cheapie seat at the Garden and had a great time for my second show on the tour. My solution to the new album? I listen to the songs that ARE out and then listen to the rest of their MASSIVE catalog of music. Unlike some other big name bands, Rush have continued to bring out new music every few years. They aren't just living off their old stuff and recycling the same 15-20 songs like certain bands do.

QUOTE (briremo @ May 18 2011, 11:19 AM)
The OP feels the same way I do, but I havent started a thread over it. I pray every day (figuratively) that these guys keep going.

I will literally shed tears the day they hang it up.

Just like when Don Shula retired laugh.gif

...and normally I would never have started a thread over it but I clicked on a thread this morning that was a pure complaint-fest.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 11:24 AM)
...one of my buddies and I go at it all the time over Counterparts and T4E but neither of us go on and on about it...
http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/public/style_emoticons/hq_emoticons/noexpression.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 11:24 AM)
...I am not a fan of those albums outside of 2 or 3 songs between them therefore I don't listen to them. He happens to be a fan of both and while we jokingly get on each other about it once in a while, it doesn't compare to what I see here sometimes...

there's a big difference between a conversation between two people and a conversation among 9,295 people

feel any better?

let me know if ya want some big paper bags to punch yer way out of, Ill send em along.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/30429_392039778742_170691943742_4084221_8045123_n.jpg

Never was on any other board. I found RIAB a year or so ago and this one some time after that. RIAB's format isn't the greatest ( IMO ) .

...and yes, a debate between 2 people is far different between that of a few thousand, but holy smoke do some go off the deep end. I replied to another earlier that has apparently been raging for quite some time and some of the quotes are ridiculous....

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 18 2011, 10:42 AM)
(* looks quickly for facepalm emoticon...*)

found it!!! facepalm.gif

Agreed but I am just thankful we still have a band to talk and bitch and moan and be thrilled about. The alternative is no new music, no tours, no nothing and I do not think there is a single person on here that wishes that...

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 02:40 PM)
If you don't like the set list, DON'T GO. More tickets for those of us who just want to hear the music and maybe luck out and get good seats.

But tickets aren't hard to come by anyway. Sheffield was half-full on monday.

Probably because the setlist is shit, tickets are too expensive, Neil's drumkit is a pile of wank compared to what it used to be, Geddy's roots need retouching - and his new hairdye is a woeful shade, NEP is just such a miserable looking prick, the merchandise is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive, the lights aren't as good as they used to be, Alex's head is too shiny, they used too may samples, the tempos are still too slow etc. etc.

Oh, I was front row too smile.gif